A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    10 to 1 just like the undead revert to what they were before they were raised (dead) the walkers would revert to what they were before they were turned (alive...and plain human)

so say we all!

scr :/
    Order order! Need I remind you guys, the on-screen scene where Mr. Freeze (NK) reanimates the baby and gives him the chilly bluey eyes? This one is a WW. The resurrected dead zombies are not of the same kind, they're just pawns. All of those night-sickles comes from dirty-uncle Kraster's babies

Technically, if NK goes down then so does his spells on his minion-lords, and then so does their spells on the Z's at large. Like cutting the head of the snake.

As for the canon, well that's up to debate, we'll never know for sure since GRRM will die before he releases his last books, technically everything on screen since most of last season hasn't happened yet in the books.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Order order! Need I remind you guys, the on-screen scene where Mr. Freeze (NK) reanimates the baby
      overruled NK doesn't "reanimate" the baby it's already alive he just turns it a bit like a vampire sires a human into another vampire

Comment

overruled NK doesn't "reanimate" the baby it's already alive he just turns it a bit like a vampire sires a human into another vampire
        overrule nullification:

e·an·i·mate
        /r??an??m?t/
        verb
        restore to life or consciousness; revive.
        give fresh vigor or impetus to.
        "his personal dislike of the manNight King was reanimated"
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

overrule nullification:

e·an·i·mate
          /r??an??m?t/
          verb
          restore to life or consciousness; revive.
          give fresh vigor or impetus to.
          "his personal dislike of the manNight King was reanimated"
          nullification clarification:

when it arrived at Night King's Landing the baby was already "fresh" - literally

Comment

nullification clarification:

when it arrived at Night King's Landing the baby was already "fresh" - literally
            Nulification clarification consensus on objection

I do concede this baby was fresh, as fresh as fresh babies get so okay, the NK actually dried the baby up (it looked all stiff after his conversion).
            Spoiler:

Comment

Nulification clarification consensus on objection

I do concede this baby was fresh, as fresh as fresh babies get so okay, the NK actually dried the baby up (it looked all stiff after his conversion).
              [trying to figure out that one]

so killing the NK would rehydrate the white walkers

Comment

The Night King can:

Turn the living into his minions
                Reanimate the dead into his minions

I am fairly sure we saw in a season 7 episode that when a walker dies those he turns die with him. (One of those battles over the wall, they killed a walker and the zombies all fell), now are the turned living going to be returned to just plain humans? Or does he kill them in the turning?

I have a funny idea we’ll find out either this sunday or next sunday if the battle goes on that long.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea I guess we'll have to wait for next ep. to confirm if the WW gets killed, unaffected or hydrated.

Sounds too easy to me but there's only 6 eps and Cersei needs to be dealt with so.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Yea I guess we'll have to wait for next ep. to confirm if the WW gets killed, unaffected or hydrated.

Sounds too easy to me but there's only 6 eps and Cersei needs to be dealt with so.
                    The dead have always counted on numbers and the white walkers hide in the back of the pack, counting on the untiring and unnumbered undead to kill their enemies for them. But now that the humans have their dragon glass - and miraculously every valerian steel blade in the 7 kingdoms, they stand a chance to actually cut down the zombie army and get to the walkers.

And yeah, the limited number of episodes - only 4 left - will necessitate the battle being rather short.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not expecting a 1hr long battle but I'm expecting something close plus it's a longer episode.

Anybody wants to take bets?
                      List your 5 you think have the highest chance of getting killed in EP.3, on a scale of fkd (1) to probably fkd (5).

All my 5 will die, in this order:

1- The Friendzone Knight (Jorah)
                      2- The Onion Knight (Davos)
                      3- The Hound (He ain't no fookin 'night)
                      4- Beric Dondarrion
                      5- Tormund Giantsbane (he had way too much screen time in ep2, he dead)
                      Spoiler:

Comment

unfortunately Davos could fall he's not a real fighter (the irony of a knight who can't fight lol)

Sandor's a tough SOB I don't see him dying at least not permanently & certainly not before Cleganebowl

Comment

btw am I the only one who thinks Brienne deserved better

as in to be knighted by a King in person (such as Jon if he gets the crown) it's supposed to be the highest honour

in the old days if a king wanted to reward for bravery someone who was already knight what were the options? (they didn't have medals or purple hearts or w/e back then)

Comment

btw am I the only one who thinks Brienne deserved better

as in to be knighted by a King in person (such as Jon if he gets the crown) it's supposed to be the highest honour

in the old days if a king wanted to reward for bravery someone who was already knight what were the options? (they didn't have medals or purple hearts or w/e back then)
                            Knights were divided in orders in the middle ages, most of them being nobles or religious affiliated. Basically, knights were the 1% because you needed to have a war horse and extensive training which could be compared to a luxury car. Poor people could join the Templars but they weren't knights. Kings actually didn't have much power at all until the 1300s, their armies being féodal mostly (aka your Lord forces you to fight his battles so you pick that rusty axe and you go fight). Orders were also independent in nature, which is why King Philip outlawed the Templars, they became wealthier and had better soldiers than the King of France.

So yes Kings could annoint a guy but usually knights would pick a steward (podrick) to groom them to take their spot eventually.

In the case of GoT, Jaime is like the idol of Brienne so I'd say for her being annointed by him is the highest honor she could ever get.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

In the case of GoT, Jaime is like the idol of Brienne so I'd say for her being annointed by him is the highest honor she could ever get.
                              from her point of view I reckon that works but what about image/reputation?

aside from Bran only Brienne knows the truth
                              to everyone else he's still an oathbreaker

imagine if Brienne proudly says "I am Sir Brienne knighted by Sir Jaime Lannister" and the crowd's like "ah yes the kingslayer big deal"

that's what I meant the knighting scene would've been better if it took place after the truth about Jaime were out & he'd been rehabilitated

Comment

Brienne doesn't give a **** what others think tbh and also being a woman people already see her as unworthy. She's like the most honourable character of the franchise.

As for Jaime, nobody really despise him other than the Northerners, and nobody will ever call him kingslayer to his face. His reputation as Kingsguard is disputed, not Knight
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X