Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone really "Angry" over the events at the end of the first Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in all I can think of only one scene that I would like to have seen follow the book better, however I was not mad that they did it the way they did and if I had never read the books and saw everything for the first time through the show there is nothing I can find fault with.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Yeah, it is a shame that Ned won't...

*Flips on sunglasses*

Beheading into season two...

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
      omg amazing, haha <3

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        norph,

A Dance with Dragons will be released on 7/12/2011.

Once the series is in hiatus until next year, the book will certainly help alleviate the inevitable Game of Thrones withdrawal I'll be experiencing--that is, until the DVD comes out.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not angry at all. I don't know should I be. Sad maybe, but not angry. It's a part of the story. I was shocked whe I saw that scene. I knew Ned wouldn't make it, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. When I look back I see it was also Ned's own fault. He was always trying to do the right thing which cost him his head. And Joffrey, that little brat only proved he's not ready to be the king and probably he'll never be. I only hope Starks will get their revenge.

I saw many deaths of major characters in several shows or movies and this one was one of the "best" written and had huge impact on all characters and a show.
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

this series has great atmosphere and its somehow real for me...you know not some heroes which are surviving every fight etc and are almost gods...I just love this change
            sigpic

Comment

i'm not emotionally invested enough to get angry over anyone dying.

now maybe after i get to book 2 or 3 I'll feel differently, but right now no favorites.

it's interesting to have watched the mini series, and now be reading the book. some scenes are more 'alive' because i can remember listening to /watching them. Others not so much or it's interesting to see how different they are.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i'm not emotionally invested enough to get angry over anyone dying.

now maybe after i get to book 2 or 3 I'll feel differently, but right now no favorites.

it's interesting to have watched the mini series, and now be reading the book. some scenes are more 'alive' because i can remember listening to /watching them. Others not so much or it's interesting to see how different they are.
                *pedant hat on* it's not a miniseries, it's a standard tv series, HBO shows just tend to have less episodes per season *pedant hat off *

Comment

I'm guessing the people who are annoyed are people who maybe didn't realise the show was based on books. I didn't find out for ages that True Blood was based on books, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    I'm guessing the people who are annoyed are people who maybe didn't realise the show was based on books. I didn't find out for ages that True Blood was based on books, for example.
                    True blood is based on books ?

Oh just kidding , i really like how things have gone in Game of Thrones , i bought the books after the first 3 episodes so i have something to do and i am one of the people that hates reading to much
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Dexter was based on a book in the beginning, but has now grown past that I believe. And they diverged quite a bit. LaGuarta died in the first book i think, but is alive and well going into season 5.

so some derivations stick to the original source, others don't.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                        I'm curious to find out if anyone will defend the "angry" position of some viewers given the event of "Baelor"?
                        I doubt that any of the "angry" crowd will stop by to defend their position because many claim that they won't be watching anymore. For those that remain, I hope they either read the books or read summaries and spoilers before continuing.

As for me, although Sean Bean was one of my reasons for giving this show a chance in the first place, I thought his character's death was well done. All through the season, I kept thinking that Ned was making too many mistakes for him and his family to survive King's Landing unscathed and it was refreshing to see severe, permanent consequences for a lead character.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Ned was rather naive and too trusting. he seemed to live with honor and expected others to do the same...problem is he's in a world where they don't.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Dexter was based on a book in the beginning, but has now grown past that I believe. And they diverged quite a bit. LaGuarta died in the first book i think, but is alive and well going into season 5.

so some derivations stick to the original source, others don't.
                            Indeed. Some work better sticking close to the source material, some are better if they diverge. In Dexter's case it was the correct thing to diverge the series from the books imo, later Dexter books started introducing supernatural elements suddenly, which it was heavily criticised for, because the first 2 books were crime fiction grounded in reality and no one expected them to diverge into fantasy and have stuff about reincarnations of the god Moloch, etc...

In Game of Thrones case however, A Song of Ice and Fire is such a well loved series of books a faithful adaption seems to be the right course. The fact that George RR Martin is a former tv scriptwriter also helps tremendously, since he can be much more heavily involved with the adaption and knows what he's doing.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                            I doubt that any of the "angry" crowd will stop by to defend their position because many claim that they won't be watching anymore. For those that remain, I hope they either read the books or read summaries and spoilers before continuing.
                            I think to be honest the angry crowd have been pretty much discredited at this point. Following Ned's death in episode 9 the show then promptly broke its rating records for episode 10 and got it's best ratings yet. People are watching, so either the angry crowd are continuing to watch, or they're so small as not to matter.

Comment

let's just hope TPTB won't let Starks kill Joffrey in S2. I've heard he's alive in books, so I hope TPTB won't change a storyline in order to satisfy "angry TV crowd"
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                let's just hope TPTB won't let Starks kill Joffrey in S2. I've heard he's alive in books, so I hope TPTB won't change a storyline in order to satisfy "angry TV crowd"
                                TPTB won't be doing any changing of big broad plot strokes or character fates, I'd wager. They'd condense a bit and scratch a few characters away til they become relevant, like Blackfish. ALSO, HERE BE SOME BOOK SPOILERS SO DON'T OPEN THEM OR YOU'LL BE SPOILED. LOOK! A WARNING:

Spoiler:
                                As for Joffrey? You heard wrong.
                                Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 05 July 2011, 03:49 AM.
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X