Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones renewed for a second season!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Already renewed? That's great, now I don't have to fear that I'll grow to like the show lots, and then it gets canned. At least not any time soon.
    Almost all HBO shows get second seasons, of 1 hour drama's I think only 2 of their shows only have 1 season, John from Cincinnati and Tell Me You Love Me. And Tell Me You Love Me was renewed for a 2nd season, it's just the creator of that show couldn't find a direction to take that show in. So the big battle it's getting a 3rd and 4th season, if GOT gets those it should be a runaway success and be allowed to go for the 7 or 8 seasons needed to tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Almost all HBO shows get second seasons, of 1 hour drama's I think only 2 of their shows only have 1 season, John from Cincinnati and Tell Me You Love Me. And Tell Me You Love Me was renewed for a 2nd season, it's just the creator of that show couldn't find a direction to take that show in. So the big battle it's getting a 3rd and 4th season, if GOT gets those it should be a runaway success and be allowed to go for the 7 or 8 seasons needed to tell the story.
      Okay, thanks. Not familiar with HBO shows.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        Okay, thanks. Not familiar with HBO shows.
        HBO generally take better care of their shows than other networks, ahem syfy we're looking at you, and try and give their shows the multiple seasons. They have cancelled stuff, but they have at least admitted it was a mistake, and on several occasions given the creators of the show ample warning about cancellation.

Hopefully GOT doesn't have to worry about any of that, they're estimated to make $1 billion from the first season alone, and have already racked up several hundred million dollars in foreign sales of the show.

Comment

Hopefully GOT doesn't have to worry about any of that, they're estimated to make $1 billion from the first season alone, and have already racked up several hundred million dollars in foreign sales of the show.
          Sounds very impressive.
          sigpic

Comment

Seams awesome! Already ordered the two first books! I was surprised about Momoas appearance, didn't saw any news about him being on GOT earlier so it was a good surprised. I hope others from SG join him.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I am not sure where to post this, do you know when a season 1 will be released on dvd? I know its still airing blabla... but I suppose sometime next year in may? or are there any words? True Blood gets always released in May (at least in europe!) but Game of Thrones are aired sooner than True Blood, does that mean that the dvd are released sooner as well?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                I am not sure where to post this, do you know when a season 1 will be released on dvd? I know its still airing blabla... but I suppose sometime next year in may? or are there any words? True Blood gets always released in May (at least in europe!) but Game of Thrones are aired sooner than True Blood, does that mean that the dvd are released sooner as well?
                We may get the DVD's a bit earlier, maybe February or March. HBO normally releases DVD's just before the next season (I think ).

Comment

We may get the DVD's a bit earlier, maybe February or March. HBO normally releases DVD's just before the next season (I think ).
                  They may release the DVD's even for Christmas. Wouldn't they be the perfect present?

Here's the amazon site for the season 1 DVD box set, no release date yet
                  http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-L...5916979&sr=8-1
                  sigpic
                  My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                    They may release the DVD's even for Christmas. Wouldn't they be the perfect present?

Here's the amazon site for the season 1 DVD box set, no release date yet
                    http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-L...5916979&sr=8-1
                    I so hope its gonna be released at chrismas but I dont hold my breath..
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a question maybe someone can answer. I noticed that earlier someone made a comment comparing HBO and SyFy. I'm certain they did it tongue-in-cheek, but it brings up a good question.

How does a non-commercially driven cable channel (HBO) get their money for the shows vs. a commercially driven cable channel (SyFy)? Is it just through DVD and service sales? What would prevent HBO from cancelling GoT, since they don't have commercials to drive their revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                        I have a question maybe someone can answer. I noticed that earlier someone made a comment comparing HBO and SyFy. I'm certain they did it tongue-in-cheek, but it brings up a good question.

How does a non-commercially driven cable channel (HBO) get their money for the shows vs. a commercially driven cable channel (SyFy)? Is it just through DVD and service sales? What would prevent HBO from cancelling GoT, since they don't have commercials to drive their revenue?
                        HBO instead of having commercials, replace that revenue with subscriptions fee's, which are fairly heavy. Aside from that they make a great deal of money from DVD sales and sales of the show to foreign networks and for syndication. HBO care mostly about increasing their number of subscribers, that's their main source of revenue. So they do care somewhat about ratings, they want to know that their subscribers are watching the content they put out, and they want to entice new subscribers. However unlike Syfy, because HBO don't have to deal with commercials, HBO don't care how people watch it, as long as they do, be it by watching the premiers of the episodes, any of the repeats, recording or watching it later, or watching it online via HBO Go. The most important ratings are not the ones for the premiere showings of the episodes on Sunday nights, which for GOT are around 2.5 million on average, but the overall audience figures, which are for GOT are closer to 9 million per episode.

Comment

Working...
                        X