Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, with the airing of my favourite-titled episode Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things, more favourite moments and stuff! I approve.

- Gregor's scary awesome little jousting moment. Yeesh. The story of the Hound and the Mountain that followed was a favourite out of sheer nastiness.

- Same with Thorne's tale of the stay beyond the wall.

- Cat getting Tyrion by the balls. Holy ****.

And special mention to Dany for finally hitting back. You go girl.

EDIT: And Ghost. Ye Gods. Ghost. Bear your fangs away from me, please?
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

“I'VE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR DAYS. START THE DAMN JOUST BEFORE I PISS MYSELF”

Sorry I just thought that was the best line of the ep But to be honest this was my favourite ep so far, crammed full of awesomeness. Sam was funny as hell, liked the training scenes, the Joust was epic, there was gore, Ghost and Alliser Thorne being an arsehole. And I must say the actor who plays him does it very well and was clearly enjoying the role.

“Come the Winter you will die, like flies”

Comment

Samwell: "So you didn't know where to stick it?"

Ha.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Samwell: "So you didn't know where to stick it?"

Ha.
          Samwell was funny as hell, and John Bradley-West is brilliant.

Comment

He seriously reminded me of Nick Frost, with his size and inflection. It was weird at first.

Comment

He seriously reminded me of Nick Frost, with his size and inflection. It was weird at first.
              Hmm, Nick Frost is more West Country, so that would make Bradley-West a sort of Northern Nick Frost. He's certainly very good with the comedy.

Comment

"You've released the dragon".......Whack!!
                sigpic

Comment

My favorite moments:
                  • Jon at the Wall. Good moments for him, especially wanting to protect Sam.
                  • Tyrion. Peter Dinklage continues to impress, especially at the scene where he's presenting his gift for Bran to the Starks at Winterfell.
                  • Ned: When the day comes when that boy wants to wield a sword rather than forge one, you bring him to me.
                  • Thorne. Yeah he's being an ass but there's also the heavy reality of experience behind his words.
                  • King Robert: Enough with the bloody pomp! Have at it! I just wish the tournament were longer. I like that we got a wee bit of gore but I wanted to see more of the tourney and I think others here will agree with me.
                  • Arya being Arya.
                  • Ghost, with his icy white coat, fiery eyes and vicious teeth. Now to me THAT'S a ****ing wolf, not the cute and cuddly nonsense. Loved it!
                  • Daenerys putting her brother in his place and then Ser Jorah saying that Raeghar was the Last Dragon while Viserys was a "less than a shadow of a snake."
                  • Cat having each knight in the inn stand up. Absolutely badass.
                  Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 11 May 2011, 12:04 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Magnificent beastie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9082/ghostif.jpg

Magnificent beastie.
                      Yup, one fine wolf. Just when I was thinking, "hmm this epo needs more direwolves" lo and behold we get full on adult Ghost.
                      Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 11 May 2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        Yup, one fine wolf. Just when I was thinking, "hmm this epo needs more direwolves" lo and behold we get full on adult Ghost.
                        I also liked that Robb's direwolf was conspicuously sitting by his feet in the main hall when Tyrion visited. Regally appropriate for a lord of Winterfell.
                        sigpic

Comment

The newest episode's thread isn't open yet, but I'll vent here for now: OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

Wow. Just... Wow.

Comment

There's an encore broadcast on in about 15 minutes so I'll probably have more to list after this post but so far here's my favorite moments:

• The opening with the tourney, especially the Hound & the Mountain facing off
                            • Bran and the Maester talking about the various houses
                            • Theon and Ros
                            • The shots of the Eyrie. My God that fortress is impressive.
                            • Tyrion fighting, scoring his first confirmed kill, and the scene afterwards--especially, looking at Catelyn and saying, "If she's willing, I am."
                            • Catelyn starting to realize that her sister is quite cuckoo... and that Tyrion may perhaps be innocent yet.
                            • Arya being mistaken for a boy no less than 2 times!
                            • The intrigue in the dungeons, and seeing the dragon's head.
                            • The council meeting with Ned leaving and not buying the ends justifies the means party line. Yeah, it might have been on the Seven Kingdoms' militaries tactically speaking but his honor demands that he take a stand against something he knows to be wrong. Brilliant scene.
                            • Renly and Loras. Yes, it was an unusual scene, but it worked. About Renly:
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't remember anything written in the book about him being gay. Guess a re-read is in order after this season. If him being gay is unique to the series, I think it works and it definitely adds another layer of intrigue to the plot.
                            • Robert and Cersei being incredibly frank about the problems in their marriage.
                            • The action sequence at the end between Jaime, Ned, and Jorey at the end. OMG.
                            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 16 May 2011, 01:46 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

My favourite line:
                              "They say the Eyrie is impregnable."
                              "Give me ten of my best men and some climbing spikes; I'll impregnate the *****."

Also: Arya's little speech to the guards to let her in, Tyrion's awesomeness, the Hound Vs The Mountain, Ned Vs Jamie, Jamie punching out the guy who stabbed Ned... EVERYTHING ELSE.

Comment

My favourite line:
                                "They say the Eyrie is impregnable."
                                "Give me ten of my best men and some climbing spikes; I'll impregnate the *****."
                                I totally lol'd at that line. I also liked how they included the Eyrie in the opening sequence. Re-watch on 4 minuntes bro. I'm on it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X