Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    The Red Wedding should be epic. How can anyone dislike Walter Frey

I want to see the interactions between Arya and The Hound too. Same with Jaime and Brianne.
    Ooh. Yeah. I'm real curious as to how Brienne of Tarth will look like. (she's supposed to be 'BIG'. Not 'The Mountain' big, but still big ...big and 'homely')
    sigpic

Comment

I had NO idea that there were books to the show. OMG I am SO addicted to the show (so is my brother) I know I'll be going to Borders in the morning and plow through book 1.
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        I can't wait for the inevitable internet explosion that will follow after they show a certain wedding.
        I was probably one of the few people who was satisfied with the outcome of that wedding. I felt worse for the wolf than I did for the human(s) involved. It's been awhile since I've read the first three books, so I might feel differently about some things now.

I can't wait for the 5th book to come out, I hate all the waiting. I started reading the series in 1997, I was 17. Arya and Jon were/are my favorite characters. I also really liked Tyrion and Littlefinger; and came to really like Jamie once he started spending less time around his sister, I really liked Brienne. I identifided with Arya, and Catelyn kind of reminded of my mother, and Robb reminded me of my brother for some reason lol. Catelyn and Robb were two of my least favorite characters; but I didn't really start to dislike Robb until the second book. I hated the way Catelyn treated Jon, (I had a massive crush on the character at the time), and the way she treated Arya really bothered me at that time too. Shes nicer on the tv series.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I was probably one of the few people who was satisfied with the outcome of that wedding. I felt worse for the wolf than I did for the human(s) involved. It's been awhile since I've read the first three books, so I might feel differently about some things now.

I can't wait for the 5th book to come out, I hate all the waiting. I started reading the series in 1997, I was 17. Arya and Jon were/are my favorite characters. I also really liked Tyrion and Littlefinger; and came to really like Jamie once he started spending less time around his sister, I really liked Brienne. I identifided with Arya, and Catelyn kind of reminded of my mother, and Robb reminded me of my brother for some reason lol. Catelyn and Robb were two of my least favorite characters; but I didn't really start to dislike Robb until the second book. I hated the way Catelyn treated Jon, (I had a massive crush on the character at the time), and the way she treated Arya really bothered me at that time too. Shes nicer on the tv series.
          The question is how do you feel about Catelyn AFTER the wedding? Because that's when she gets interesting. I didn't pay much attention to her before and sort of just found her a little annoying.

The outcome of the wedding was disturbing but in terms of shock value and epicness (new word) it is hard to match.
          sigpic

Comment

The question is how do you feel about Catelyn AFTER the wedding? Because that's when she gets interesting. I didn't pay much attention to her before and sort of just found her a little annoying.

The outcome of the wedding was disturbing but in terms of shock value and epicness (new word) it is hard to match.
            After she was brought back? I found that interesting, but I liked that whole aspect of the story, not just her part in it.

See, I didn't really find it that shocking. I mean it was a good scene, but with they way things were going, and the way everyone was was playing everyone else, I expected a bad outcome(and I kind of wanted a bad outcome). With this series, whenever something bad happened, it really made sense for it to happen so it wasn't really surprising or shocking to me. Thats one of the things i really enjoyed about it, I personally was never left feeling that anything was unnecessary or, I was never like "why did they go and do that?"
            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 13 May 2011, 07:49 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              After she was brought back? I found that interesting, but I liked that whole aspect of the story, not just her part in it.

See, I didn't really find it that shocking. I mean it was a good scene, but with they way things were going, and the way everyone was was playing everyone else, I expected a bad outcome(and I kind of wanted a bad outcome). With this series, whenever something bad happened, it really made sense for it to happen so it wasn't really surprising or shocking to me. Thats one of the things i really enjoyed about it, I personally was never left feeling that anything was unnecessary or, I was never like "why did they go and do that?"
              I was surprised by it. By that point a lot had happened so I could sense something big was on the horizon. But the way it was described and detailed by GRRM was great and added shock value imo. It still fit great with the story though and added a whole new layer to a lot of characters' storylines which I thought was a big plus.

Still waiting for book 5 and onwards to see the full ramifications of this event.

By the way anyone thinking about Dany and her army...

Spoiler:
              Do you think she'll eventually be successful to come in and sweep over everyone and claim her throne?
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Do you think she'll eventually be successful to come in and sweep over everyone and claim her throne?
                This is speculation but...

Spoiler:
                I think that Daenerys and her Dothraki army are going to be essential in repelling an inevitable invasion from the Others and the Wildlings north of the Wall. I think that ultimate clash between ice and fire has always been coming.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  This is speculation but...

Spoiler:
                  I think that Daenerys and her Dothraki army are going to be essential in repelling an inevitable invasion from the Others and the Wildlings north of the Wall. I think that ultimate clash between ice and fire has always been coming.
                  Yea I think you're on to something there!

Spoiler:
                  I realized everything is building up to this big showdown between the 7 kingdoms and the others and wildlings. Just not sure what role Dany, her army and dragons will play in all of it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea I think you're on to something there!

Spoiler:
                    I realized everything is building up to this big showdown between the 7 kingdoms and the others and wildlings. Just not sure what role Dany, her army and dragons will play in all of it.
                    I think it's inevitable.

Spoiler:
                    And I get the feeling that Daenerys and Tyrion might be leading this army into Westeros together.
                    sigpic

Comment

GRRM posted some more details about the POVs and length of ADWD
                      http://grrm.livejournal.com/217066.html#cutid1
                      http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/E...nce_in_Detail/

52 days...
                      sigpic
                      My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Ok, so I am now up to page 4,000 in this over 7,000 page e-books series (thus far). I bought the book (it's a single file with 4 books in it) after having watched the Episode 107 sneek peek on HBO Go and was upset with myself for now having two weeks and no GoT to watch.

I now find myself getting irritated with people who expect me to do my job when I've got this wonderful story to be engrossed in. I mean, it's not MY fault they got their computers infected and need to do their jobs, now is it?

Oh, and my wife is continuing to get irritated at me, because all I do is sit around staring at my iPad all evening while she watches her "Project Launch My Designer" shows. Hey, can I help it if I'm more into what happens in Westeros than Manhattan? I mean sheesh!

I have to say that having watched the show first has helped lighten the load on my imagination. I have no problems substituting the actors from the show with the characters in the book. And the greatest thing is that when the latest book is released, I won't have had to wait an eternity for it to happen, since I've only JUST been introduced to the story. Yay Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                          Ok, so I am now up to page 4,000 in this over 7,000 page e-books series (thus far). I bought the book (it's a single file with 4 books in it) after having watched the Episode 107 sneek peek on HBO Go and was upset with myself for now having two weeks and no GoT to watch.

I now find myself getting irritated with people who expect me to do my job when I've got this wonderful story to be engrossed in. I mean, it's not MY fault they got their computers infected and need to do their jobs, now is it?

Oh, and my wife is continuing to get irritated at me, because all I do is sit around staring at my iPad all evening while she watches her "Project Launch My Designer" shows. Hey, can I help it if I'm more into what happens in Westeros than Manhattan? I mean sheesh!

I have to say that having watched the show first has helped lighten the load on my imagination. I have no problems substituting the actors from the show with the characters in the book. And the greatest thing is that when the latest book is released, I won't have had to wait an eternity for it to happen, since I've only JUST been introduced to the story. Yay Me!
                          Yes I find myself with much the same problems. All these people in the real world are far too boring. Screw them I'm much more interested in what's happening in Westeros.

Comment

I'm champing at the bit for the next book, out just in time for my vacation by the beach. Hubby can take care of the kids while I dive back into Westeros
                            sigpic

Comment

To prepare for the next novel, I just started skimming through the last 2 books to refresh my memory. There is so much I had forgotten. I couldn't even remember which POVs were featured in A Feast of Crows.

5 weeks to go!
                              sigpic

Comment

I still need to re- read/skim the first 4 books to refresh my memory before I read A Dance with Dragons too; I just haven't had much time lately. It's been around 7 or 8 yrs since the last time I read the first 3, and about 5 since I've read a Feast for Crows(but I think I've forgotten more stuff from this book than the other three; probably because I didn't like it as much). I've forgotten a lot of stuff, especially a lot of the secondary characters' names. I remember most of what happens, but just not all the details; and there are lots of little details.

I can't wait for A Dance with Dragons to come out; I'm also kind of tempted to go to the book signing in nyc on July 14th.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X