Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, now that we are a few episodes in, what do you guys all think about the casting? Who are you let down by, and who are you surprised with?

For the most part, I've been happy. The only really big change, and it makes sense, is they had to tone down the idea of how super human some of the guys are. There just aren't a ton of believable huge men out there. I'm OK with that now, though the Hound just still doesn't seem bad-ass enough for me. (Granted, we've barely seen him)

Judging from this, and other forums, Tyrion, Arya, and Dany are all early leaders for best casting.

Comment

I think the casting has been great. I would agree about Tyrion, Arya, and Dany but I may also be biased because those are my favourite characters from the novels too

The guy they cast for The Mountain is actually huge, at 7 feet tall, so I'm looking forward to see how that plays out.

We haven't really gotten to see much of the Hound yet so I'll hold off on that judgement for now.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm excited to see the Mountain. The next episode should be pretty awesome in satisfying my "Bad-ass" quotient.

Oh, I forgot, Joffy is probably a perfect casting too.

Comment

All this talk of the Mountain! I've only just caught up to the end of last weeks episode in my reading so am quite intrigued to see this character.

Seven feet you say??

I can't really find fault with any of the characters cast thus far. Some are a little off in hair color and the age difference in the children I can certainly understand as well. So enjoying this series so much!

Don't understand how I missed reading this before, though. When was the first book published?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Don't understand how I missed reading this before, though. When was the first book published?
            1996. You're a little late to the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
              Yeah, I'm excited to see the Mountain. The next episode should be pretty awesome in satisfying my "Bad-ass" quotient.

Oh, I forgot, Joffy is probably a perfect casting too.
              As am I. It looks like the tourney of the Hand is in the next episode, so we'll get to see the Mountain as well as Loras for the first time.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              1996. You're a little late to the books.
              When did you read AGOT for the first time. For me it was last year, I know, I was late too. At least the wait for ADWD isn't taht long for me

65 days till ADWD
              sigpic
              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                When did you read AGOT for the first time. For me it was last year, I know, I was late too. At least the wait for ADWD isn't taht long for me
                Ok, it was not in 1996 that was for sure, I was 9 years old at the time, and while an advanced reader even then , I think they were a little out of my league at the time.

I can’t exactly remember when I first started reading the series, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. In the end it doesn’t matter when you started reading the books, just that you do.

Comment

Can we discuss the other books in this thread? I'm already looking forward to how the events in the second book will play out on screen

But I don't want to be the one who posts massive spoilers for the folks who haven't read them and then get chased out of this forum
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    Can we discuss the other books in this thread? I'm already looking forward to how the events in the second book will play out on screen
                    Next season: Cthulhu-worshipping Vikings!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post

But I don't want to be the one who posts massive spoilers for the folks who haven't read them and then get chased out of this forum
                      Isn't that the purpose of this thread to talk about the books... It says literally in the title Spoilers for everything
                      So I guess, you can post about any events you like.

I can't wait to see how some weddings play out...
                      sigpic
                      My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

You mean the 'red' one?
                        Yeah...I just LOVE the Freys. /sarcasm

I'm more excited/curious about how well they'll depict the various battles and sieges (particularly the one at King's Landing and Storm's End).
                        I'd also like to see the duel between the Viper and the Mountain.
                        ...and The Blackfish and the Whispering Wood
                        ...the action/s beyond the Wall.
                        ...and Riverrun.
                        ...and Harrenhal.
                        ...and Dragonstone (was this described in the first book? Or later?).
                        ...and the Onion Knight.
                        ...and Stannis and Melisandre.
                        ...and The Unsullied.
                        ...and The Dragons.
                        ...and The Eyrie.
                        ...and Braavos.

...and the Greyjoys and their Iron Islands. I'm real excited to see the rest of them (Asha and crew, Damphair, Euron and his quiet crew, Victarion in plate, bloated Balon, etc.).

Yup. I can't wait for the next season...and the ones after that
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Ok, it was not in 1996 that was for sure, I was 9 years old at the time, and while an advanced reader even then , I think they were a little out of my league at the time.

I can’t exactly remember when I first started reading the series, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. In the end it doesn’t matter when you started reading the books, just that you do.
                          Haha! Most definitely. I only first noticed the series when my local Borders book store put up a nice prominent display in the front aisle. I was drawn like a magnet.

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                          You mean the 'red' one?

I'm more excited/curious about how well they'll depict the various battles and sieges (particularly the one at King's Landing and Storm's End).
                          I'd also like to see the duel between the Viper and the Mountain.
                          ...and The Blackfish and the Whispering Wood
                          ...the action/s beyond the Wall.
                          ...and Riverrun.
                          ...and Harrenhal.
                          ...and Dragonstone (was this described in the first book? Or later?).
                          ...and the Onion Knight.
                          ...and Stannis and Melisandre.
                          ...and The Unsullied.
                          ...and The Dragons.
                          ...and The Eyrie.
                          ...and Braavos.

...and the Greyjoys and their Iron Islands. I'm real excited to see the rest of them (Asha and crew, Damphair, Euron and his quiet crew, Victarion in plate, bloated Balon, etc.).

Yup. I can't wait for the next season...and the ones after that
                          OMG. Need to read faster.

Comment

I can't wait for the inevitable internet explosion that will follow after they show a certain wedding.

Comment

Boo. Now I'm wondering in what book that might be. Tease!

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                                You mean the 'red' one?
                                The Red Wedding should be epic. How can anyone dislike Walter Frey

I want to see the interactions between Arya and The Hound too. Same with Jaime and Brianne.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X