Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little over a month until this comes back on. I really hate waiting lol.
    sigpic

Comment

New trailer.

Comment

Kind of tired of Daenarys plotting her revenge at this point. It's been three years of her saying she is going to do something and then she doesn't do much. She can barely hold onto her small territory that she has conquered so far, she can't control her dragons, and overall just isn't very competent.

I suppose it isn't fair though because she is so isolated at this point but the focus of the show being on her is just annoying at this point. Stannis should not be a more likeable character, and he kind of is at this point.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Kind of tired of Daenerys plotting her revenge at this point. It's been three years of her saying she is going to do something and then she doesn't do much. She can barely hold onto her small territory that she has conquered so far, she can't control her dragons, and overall just isn't very competent.
          As for competency, Daenerys agrees with you! She's staying in one place because she acknowledges that she must learn to govern. It's a task for which she has no education, no training. Likewise with the dragons. She's totally unprepared for the life she's living. Daenerys intends to learn or fail, long before she sails for Westeros. Can we admire her self-awareness and prudence, while hoping that her competence grows?

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          the focus of the show being on her is just annoying at this point.
          I enjoy the story of Daenerys in its own right, setting aside any desire for Westeros and her to meet. Recall Dany as we first meet her in episode one, and look at her now. How is she even alive? Wow, what a journey! What crucibles! How are they transforming her? What kind of person is she becoming? I'm enthralled.

Comment

up until recently I was rooting for Dany (despite her being a woman (^^) and a Targaryen)

then there was this ep where she has a bunch of slave masters crucified as "eye for eye" punishment for what they did to kids, but turns out one of them was innocent cause he was against such practices (though he didn't explain himself when they were about to execute him? whatever)

ultimately she has good intentions well but she can be ruthless in this way she's a bit like Stannis

she could be a good queen if she has the right advisers but she fired one of them (Jorah) even though he clearly repented & meant well

her losing control of her dragons is a non-issue since dragons by nature ain't pets
            besides
            Spoiler:
            apparently she'll succeed in partially taming one of her dragons by will alone (without a dragonhorn). maybe Drogon himself? that'd be awesome

what I find more surprising is that she never took up some basic small arms training?
            especially during her time with the dotraki when she could've had Drogo or one of his men teach her, I'm quite sure dotraki women can fight too & she's supposed to be a khalessi

Comment

Is it true the first four episodes have been leaked?

Comment

Yep. I've already watched the first two. They're great.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

you guys sure these 4 eps are the final versions to be aired and not "prototypes" of sorts?
                  (ie. screeners or w/e, with possible missing scenes here & there)

Comment

Well, whatever they are, theyre awesome! One episode did seem shorter than the others, 50 mins...

Only problem now is a 5 week wait for episode 5... And its going to be a long wait after how episode 4 ended...

Comment

I was surprised to see the first 4 out already, & I found them the day before they were scheduled to air the first one, which made me wonder if they were the finished product.
                      They are 54.22mins, 55.38mins, 59.53 mins & 50.22mins.
                      All four have a blanked out bit bottom left corner which, though annoying for the purist, does not spoil the episodes IMO.
                      I did find a copy of episode one yesterday, better quality, no blanked out bit, & it seems the same content as the first one I got.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        One episode did seem shorter than the others, 50 mins...
                        **** I knew it (some scenes were missing)

guess I'll have to wait till the official version airs

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          **** I knew it (some scenes were missing)

guess I'll have to wait till the official version airs
                          Tbh though, these were sent out to be reviewed, would they really send out unfinished products?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Tbh though, these were sent out to be reviewed, would they really send out unfinished products?
                            dunno, but the missing minutes speak for themselves dont they

Comment

Some episodes are just shorter than other sometimes. The episode didnt feel like it was missing something. Oh well, time will tell...

Comment

They looked like finished episodes to me. It also depends on when/where they're cut, because plenty of shows have eps that have a few minutes more/less than other sources yet the content is the same. I didn't watch the whole credits for all of them, so maybe those were shorter than the actual episode.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X