Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this show and I cannot wait for it to come back on. I bet those dragons are be getting pretty big soon. Anybody know did they grow like trees or like animals? I think they are supposed to live for many years so maybe they take years to get big too?
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
      I really like this show and I cannot wait for it to come back on. I bet those dragons are be getting pretty big soon. Anybody know did they grow like trees or like animals? I think they are supposed to live for many years so maybe they take years to get big too?
      As the books go...

Spoiler:
      A bit of both. They do grow like animals, and by the time of Book 5 they're roughly what most people would consider 'normal' size for dragons. But I believe the books also say that dragons don't stop growing, either.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Cool................................I hope we get to see some of that!
        Posting at.............
        http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
          With enough food and space, they can grow indefinitely. The Targaryen kings housed their dragons in a large, domed crater. Those dragons didn't grow beyond a comfortable size for their lair. So, it depends on environmental factors. (Cracks me up to talk about this as if it was science, not fantasy.)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
            With enough food and space, they can grow indefinitely. The Targaryen kings housed their dragons in a large, domed crater. Those dragons didn't grow beyond a comfortable size for their lair. So, it depends on environmental factors. (Cracks me up to talk about this as if it was science, not fantasy.)
            It is based on science. The same thing happens in real life. Goldfish for example.
            sigpic

Comment

Here in the UK. SFX magazine has a set report/article on/about season 3.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

what does it say?
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  what does it say?
                  I only saw the magazine on the shelf in the supermarket where I was shopping. I didn't purchase the magazine so I am unable to tell you what it says.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Look what I got

Also

sigpic

Comment

omg omg omg, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait

Comment

I just got season 2 on blu-ray(it came in the mail today). I can't wait for season 3 to start
                          sigpic

Comment

Vampyre, can you tell me what sort of special features the Blu-ray has? I'm finding the special features on the DVD to be rather...lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I love the behind-the-scenes video for Blackwater. But that is really the only good thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

I haven't had a chance to actually see them yet, so I don't know how good any of the special features are, but the blu-ray set also comes with the episodes on dvd(on 2 double-sided discs) and digital copy. It's $29.99(US) at Amazon right now(in case anyone wants to know). Under exculsive Blu-Ray features, it has:

*In Episode Guide - in feature resource that provides backround information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
                              *Histories & Lore - Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
                              *War of the Five Kings - Track the claims, strategies, and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide.
                              *Hidden Dragon Eggs - Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Vampyre

Btw...The official trailer is going to air tonight on the Jimmy Kimmel show...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X