Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey they finally managed to get Mackenzie Crook on the show, people have wanted him on the show for quite a while. And damn they got Diana Rigg to play the Queen of Thorns, that's quite a coup for them.

Comment

Filming has begun

http://www.u.tv/Entertainment/Game-o...b-a9fc6d016d08

Includes a video.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        Filming has begun

http://www.u.tv/Entertainment/Game-o...b-a9fc6d016d08

Includes a video.
        Thank you. Now we just have to wait several months for a new season.

sigpic

Comment

Your quote of the day about penises and vaginas comes courtesy of George R. R. Martin

The man behind HBO's Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin, is often asked about all that sex they have on the show (and in the books he wrote that inspired the show), like "Why do they have to have so much of it and show it on television?" He has provided Reuters a very astute and sensible answer that I think we can all appreciate:

“I can describe an axe entering a human skull in great explicit detail and no one will blink twice at it. I provide a similar description, just as detailed, of a penis entering a vagina, and I get letters about it and people swearing off,” he said.

“To my mind this is kind of frustrating, it’s madness. Ultimately, in the history of [the] world, penises entering vaginas have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure; axes entering skulls, well, not so much.”

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Now that is a very astute answer.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

well, he's not wrong.

people have such a double standard. especially here in the US where we're as prude as we were the day we were born. i can't imagine half the people who cry out at little things here, living in europe and watching regular TV where they have nudity regularly and without alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                well, he's not wrong.

people have such a double standard. especially here in the US where we're as prude as we were the day we were born. i can't imagine half the people who cry out at little things here, living in europe and watching regular TV where they have nudity regularly and without alarm.
                I blame it on the pilgrims if they had not been so uptight religous people the US would be more relaxed

I agree though why the general population of the US is so uptight about what goes on behind closed doors. We suck
                sigpic

Comment

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Ent..._the_New_Cast/

Comment

Ciarán Hinds cast as Mance Rayder!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/17/ga...-mance-rayder/
                    sigpic

Comment

Well idk if it's been reported here before but it looks like the premier is set for March 31st of next year...So at least we have a date.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi all. Just thought I'd let you know. Here in the UK Sky One is repeating Season 1 on Monday nights at 2200.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

They're repeating it on Sundays at the same time which is totally cool.

( There might be other reruns midweek ,but I couldn't find any while channel-surfing,and I forgot to buy a magazine ,so best I remember this week,lol !)
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm so glad it's repeated on Sunday. I'm unable to watch on Monday due to a prior engagement.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just because.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                Just because.

That was awesome.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X