This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    sometimes it's a sentence and a half and they're gone.
    I always hate when that happens in books, you're just cruising along page by page... wait, what was that? He's dead! But, what?!
    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchess View Post
      I recently watched the episode where Ned was killed off. That really shook me up because I DID become attached to him. I just hope this isn't a trend in the Game of Thrones because I tend to become attached to characters a lot.
      And I do agree. I am liking Daenerys A LOT!! I would like to see the evolution of her character- and the dragons!. Can't wait
      well....
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
        I always hate when that happens in books, you're just cruising along page by page... wait, what was that? He's dead! But, what?!
        yeah, sometimes i fall into scanning mode and will completely miss when characters die.

or there have been a few where it's a cliffie at the end of a chapter and you don't know for sure if they're dead or alive until it's confirmed later, although later can be hundreds of pages later.

things like 'blankety blank yelled as the flight of arrows arched their way'......so, dead and stuck or missed? You'll get it confirmed eventually.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Game of Thrones won big at the Scream awards, inluding winning best tv show. More info here. http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/...scream-awards/

Lena Headey and Sean Bean were there, and I'm not sure what they are doing in this pic, but they seem to be enjoying it.
          http://i53.tinypic.com/kdlm2s.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
            Game of Thrones won big at the Scream awards, inluding winning best tv show. More info here. http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/...scream-awards/

Lena Headey and Sean Bean were there, and I'm not sure what they are doing in this pic, but they seem to be enjoying it.
            http://i53.tinypic.com/kdlm2s.jpg
            Those are some interesting pointy things.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought GOT got robbed at the Emmys. I'm glad it got more recognition at the Scream awards.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                I thought GOT got robbed at the Emmys. I'm glad it got more recognition at the Scream awards.
                True, but I wasn't surprised to be honest. Sci Fi/fantasy shows never get the proper recognition they deserve at these award shows. I was really happy that Peter Dinkelage got a well-deserved best supporting actor award though.
                sigpic

Comment

It's true that SciFi/Fantasy tends to be ignored. Close-minded voters. *sigh*

I saw Peter Dinklage's acceptance speech!

Comment

That is why they have the Spike awards so that those genre's can get recognition.

I was thrilled when Peter Dinklage won at the Emmy's mainly because while I knew he was deserving I didn't really think he would get it because GoT is Fantasy
                    sigpic

Comment

Interviews from the Scream Awards.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/10/...scream-awards/

Comment

flashback including Ned, Howland Reed fighting against ser Arthur Dayne and others inside the Tower of Joy would be awesome
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm finally getting to see this series.
                          Sky Atlantic here in the UK are currently repeating the series.

And I have to say I've enjoyed what I've seen so far.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Oh, you're in for a treat, Starfist!

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                              Oh, you're in for a treat, Starfist!
                              It is a treat to watch.
                              Although I have to admit to falling asleep whilst watching last weeks episode. (I had a busy day at work)
                              And I'll be missing a couple of episodes due to work...
                              But I'm sure I'll catch up.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Yeah i have also been watching the repeats here, although I have seen them already, I'm finding myself enjoying them more.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X