Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good times. Love me some whacky Comic Con panel. Jason Momoa was on the top of his game and hilarious, Nikolai CW's comment about how the show should end was brilliant (As was Dink's "Dance number"), and Emilia Clarke is so lovely my eyes melted a little.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

rape a beautiful women

seeing Lena hiding behind her hat was hilarious
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

That was fun!
        sigpic

Comment

mega facepalm

http://weruintooeasy.tumblr.com/post/7918078673
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

I noticed some not all of the reactions when he said that. They are trying not to show they are laughing
            sigpic

Comment

July 28th George RR Martin will be answering questions live the info on it can be found Here
              sigpic

Comment

Cant hold out any longer. Have to ask Why do people call Eddard Stark, Ned?

It seems strange to me, like if people started calling me Colin, my name isnt Colin.
                sigpic

Comment

Why is "Dick" considered a nickname for "Richard"? Why is "Nikki" or "Roni" a nickname for "Veronica"? Your guess is a s good as mine.

Comment

Or Bill short for William people are crazy.
                    sigpic

Comment

In my case, my nickname doesn't come from anything remotely related to my name or what I do.

I am the third of my name. Grandfather was Vernon M. <Last name>, father was Vernon M. <Last name>II (never junior). I am Vernon M. <Last name>III.

My nickname is Chip. Had it ever since I could remember. When my mother was angry, she'd call me Chipper. When she was REALLY angry it was back to Vernon M.

BUT, my nickname DID come from somewhere. Turns out my partents were REALLY original(sarcasm)! My dad's nickname growing up was Skip. And he has no idea where that one came from, as his name didn't skip a generation.

Anywho, like DG said, people are crazy.

P.S. Oh, and when my son was born, I named him Maddox M. <Lastname>. Only because we are in the information age. My father's and my credit are ALWAYS getting mucked up even though we have different SSNs. I didn't want to put my son through that, even though I've always wanted a IV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Cant hold out any longer. Have to ask Why do people call Eddard Stark, Ned?

It seems strange to me, like if people started calling me Colin, my name isnt Colin.
                        Ned is short for Edward in English. Not such a stretch from there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Must be Queen's English. American English usually uses "Ed" or "Eddie". I've never met a Ned that was short for anything.

Comment

I've heard Edward shortened to "Ted" before. *shrugs* The guy was from Boston so it could've been a local thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, there you go then. Validation that people are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                                Must be Queen's English. American English usually uses "Ed" or "Eddie". I've never met a Ned that was short for anything.
                                Sorry, yeah, I meant British English.
                                I had an Uncle Ned who was Edward.

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                                Well, there you go then. Validation that people are crazy.
                                LOL! Yep!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X