This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
    Im not waiting for them to film all that.
    LOL! Yep, there is that problem.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      Petition for a 52-episode Season Two?
      There is such a thing as a two much of a good thing. It would take them about 3 or 4 years to film that much, and if it's 52 episodes for one book the story would move at the pace of treacle.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        There is such a thing as a two much of a good thing. It would take them about 3 or 4 years to film that much, and if it's 52 episodes for one book the story would move at the pace of treacle.
        Yeah, I know... I'm just not looking forward to the months and months between Dance With Dragons and S2. I'm not very patient.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
          Yeah, I know... I'm just not looking forward to the months and months between Dance With Dragons and S2. I'm not very patient.
          You and me both

Comment

yeah getting the start going would be a problem but never ending show no reruns I could deal with that.
            sigpic

Comment

Here's another interview with executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss , discussing the end of season 1 and going into season 2.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/19/ga...season-finale/

I was glad they also adressed concerns over lack of battles. To quote from the interview

There was never much discussion of shooting The Battle of Whispering Wood [Robb vs. Jaime's army]. We did have plans to show Tyrion marching into battle behind The Mountain. We had a whole way we wanted to shoot it following Tyrion’s eye level as The Mountain is just (cutting soldiers down). Ultimately we had to make some really tough decisions. We ran out of time to shoot it properly and we much rather have a great scene with our characters than a crappy version of the battle. We want to have some great battles, we’re working very hard to have great battles in season two. We’d like to have more direwolves too.
              So it wasn't a budget problem, but a lack of time. Now I'm kinda more sad, because seeing the Mountain in action would have been awesome. On the other hand, they have reassured us that they are working hard on having great battles in season 2, and this, coupled with the fact they will now be more experienced having got a successful first season under their belts, and that the battles ware much more integral to the story in the second book, means I'm reassured about season 2 showing some some of the War of the 5 Kings.

Comment

Well I've had a tough weekend. Watched allllll ten episodes of this season. Such a hard life. Oh look, my four-pack of the books is right here! And the fifth is but weeks away! Suuuch a hard life.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Well I've had a tough weekend. Watched allllll ten episodes of this season. Such a hard life. Oh look, my four-pack of the books is right here! And the fifth is but weeks away! Suuuch a hard life.
                  That's so rough, not sure how you manage to go on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's another interview with executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss , discussing the end of season 1 and going into season 2.

I was glad they also adressed concerns over lack of battles. To quote from the interview

So it wasn't a budget problem, but a lack of time. Now I'm kinda more sad, because seeing the Mountain in action would have been awesome. On the other hand, they have reassured us that they are working hard on having great battles in season 2, and this, coupled with the fact they will now be more experienced having got a successful first season under their belts, and that the battles ware much more integral to the story in the second book, means I'm reassured about season 2 showing some some of the War of the 5 Kings.
                    Yay for battles in season 2, and for more direwolves too. I can't wait for the second season to start, it's going to feel like forever til next spring.
                    sigpic

Comment

great interview. And also very funny, especially that part about Hodor
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        great interview. And also very funny, especially that part about Hodor
                        Indeed. They give off good impressions as well, they seem to really know the source material, and have reverence for it. At the same time, they seem to know what works on screen and what doesn't.

Also here's the season 2 teaser, no I'm sorry it's not that exciting but it is official confirmation that season 2 is coming in Spring 2012 at least.

Comment

Oooh. Green fire.
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad they recongise it too. As of course they would because, well, they rule.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Oh, you poor hard-done-by b@astard.
                            sigpic

Comment

First season 2 casting news!!

Natalie Dormer (Anne Boleyn in The Tudors) has been cast as Margaery Tyrell.

Quite a well-known actress for such a small role in season 2,
                              Spoiler:
                              though more substantial in the following seasons

Source http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/06/...rgaery-tyrell/

Btw. sorry for my long absence...
                              sigpic
                              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                                First season 2 casting news!!

Natalie Dormer (Anne Boleyn in The Tudors) has been cast as Margaery Tyrell.

Quite a well-known actress for such a small role in season 2,
                                Spoiler:
                                though more substantial in the following seasons

Source http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/06/...rgaery-tyrell/

Btw. sorry for my long absence...
                                Damn I came here to post that myself but you beat me to it.

Well it's a good fit I think, she's a very good actress. She's obviously much older than her character in the books, whose supposed to be about 16, but this shouldn't matter. They have pretty much aged up every character by several years so in the series I imagine her character will be in her early 20's, which she can easily pull off.

Comment

Working...
                                X