This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Exactly. Game of Thrones and drinking go together like Starks and Direwolves. And another GOT drinking challenge would be to try and match drinks with King Robert, take a drink every time he does. Drunken oblivion beckons.
    We would wake up 2 days later in some strangers house
    sigpic

Comment

this could catch on you know!!
      sigpic

Comment

fantastic crowning episode! loved it...and got some Drogo!! wooohoooo
        sigpic

Comment

Here's a promo for episode 7
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5-nMQJWoZ8

Comment

Ratings are in, slight dip to 2.4 million, for the first showing, however overall nights ratings are pretty much holding steady at 3.2 million overall. UK ratings rose again to 626k.

More info here.
            http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/05/...us-rise-in-uk/

Comment

Ratings are in, slight dip to 2.4 million, for the first showing, however overall nights ratings are pretty much holding steady at 3.2 million overall. UK ratings rose again to 626k.

More info here.
              http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/05/...us-rise-in-uk/
              aww i wanted them to keep rising in america but atleast it went back up over here in the uk
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                aww i wanted them to keep rising in america but atleast it went back up over here in the uk
                Well the ratings are still good for the U.S, hopefully they will go back up soon, though next week might be a bit funny since lots of people will have seen the ep online thanks to HBO Go having it a week early. This was an experiment by HBO to see if they should focus more on online distribution for their shows, by all accounts it seems to have been a success, the servers apparently crashed after a few minutes due to overwhelming demand.

Meanwhile the UK ratings are very good news because SKY do have a bit of a sway over the show. They signed a $250 million deal for the UK airing rights for all HBO shows, essentially financing the next few years of HBO shows. They'd be pissed if their biggest rating winner was cancelled.

Comment

It doesn't look like that will be a problem
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    - Every time Fuzz talks direwolves.
                    We're overdue for another direwolf appearance. I think Ghost or Summer (Bran's direwolf) need a wee bit of attention. I would've thought Summer would've accompanied Bran on his jaunt with the new saddle. That would've been a great opportunity to have one of those escaped Wildlings threatening them be mauled for some more blood in the episode.

I'm tempted to have a drink every time Robert has a drink. I'd be nice and hammered by the time the episode ends but I think I could outdrink the king.

Well the ratings are still good for the U.S, hopefully they will go back up soon, though next week might be a bit funny since lots of people will have seen the ep online thanks to HBO Go having it a week early. This was an experiment by HBO to see if they should focus more on online distribution for their shows, by all accounts it seems to have been a success, the servers apparently crashed after a few minutes due to overwhelming demand.

Meanwhile the UK ratings are very good news because SKY do have a bit of a sway over the show. They signed a $250 million deal for the UK airing rights for all HBO shows, essentially financing the next few years of HBO shows. They'd be pissed if their biggest rating winner was cancelled.
                    I think another reason for the unusual move with HBO Go is that this coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend here in the US.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      We're overdue for another direwolf appearance. I think Ghost or Summer (Bran's direwolf) need a wee bit of attention.
                      Episdoe 7 has more Ghost in it.

I'm tempted to have a drink every time Robert has a drink. I'd be nice and hammered by the time the episode ends but I think I could outdrink the king.
                      Drinking contest!

I think another reason for the unusual move with HBO Go is that this coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend here in the US.
                      Indeed, however the ratings seem to be remaining strong, nonetheless. As I said we may see odd numbers next week, but only because tons of people will have already watched the ep on HBO Go.

Comment

Episdoe 7 has more Ghost in it.
                        Excellent! Definitely looking forward to that. Hopefully there will be the gnashing of teeth and the mauling of flesh.

Drinking contest!
                        I would need at least 2 bottles of mead (mead is one of my personal favorites) and maybe a bottle of Jägermeister or some good Scotch whiskey for my personal drinking challenge to myself: A Game of Thrones marathon starting with "Winter is Coming." I'll take a glass of mead every time I see Robert taking a drink... all the way to the most recent episode. If I run out of mead, I move to shots. I'll plan not to have work the next day because I WILL be hammered after all that.
                        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 25 May 2011, 02:02 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Winter is Coming have a nice little farewell artricle about the actor Harry Lloyd who played Viserys .
                          http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/05/...l-harry-lloyd/

Comment

That was a good article and I am so clad they mentioned him as Son of Mine *shiver* that is still one of the creepiest characters ever!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                              That was a good article and I am so clad they mentioned him as Son of Mine *shiver* that is still one of the creepiest characters ever!!
                              Indeed and I hope he gets some more good roles. Incidentally, since Game of Thrones is filmed primarily in the UK and uses mostly UK actors, we may end up seeing more Doctor Who alumni in it.

Comment

That would be cool
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X