X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
    :woo:

Is it true they are showing the first 2 episodes? I haven't been able to check...
    As far as I know, only one episode Winter is Coming (1.01) will air tonight. The Kingsroad (1.02) will premiere next Sunday, April 24.
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Apr 17 -- 1.01 "Winter is Coming"
      Apr 24 -- 1.02 "The Kingsroad"
      May 1 -- 1.03 "Lord Snow"
      May 8 -- 1.04 "Cripples, *******s, and Broken Things"
      May 15 -- 1.05 "The Wolf and the Lion"
      May 22 -- 1.06 "A Golden Crown"
      May 29 -- 1.07 "You Win or You Die"
      June 5 -- 1.08 "The Pointy End"
      June 12 -- 1.09 "Baelor"
      June 19 -- 1.10 "Fire and Blood"

edit; oh come on, "bas-tard" is censored here? That's not even censored on primetime TV fcol
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 17 April 2011, 03:14 PM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well I shall take my leave of the thread for the next 20 hours or so, since I have to wait a bit longer to see GOT. Less than a day for us in the UK though, so I hope to see plenty of discussion when I log in tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
          As far as I know, only one episode Winter is Coming (1.01) will air tonight. The Kingsroad (1.02) will premiere next Sunday, April 24.
          Thanks, thats what I thought but heard something about getting 2 eps through the grapevine.

Comment

Party starts in 40 mins, everyone enjoy
            sigpic

Comment

So I watched the first episode, and really liked it. I actually thought it was a bit tamer than what was in the novels(I could be just imagining that though), which was surprising given what HBO did with the True Blood series.
              Spoiler:
              Jamie and Cersei's scene wasn't bad. Nothing was really shown(maybe because of the child actor needing to see them in the act), and I had imagined Dani's wedding to be a whole lot worse than what was shown too. I might have been remembering things wrong though, since its been years since I've read A Game of Thrones; or else I just might have a horribly filthy mind, because I was picturing there being more sex and nudity lol. It might also be because theres been lot of talk around about how horrible the sex scenes were and how much nudity the series was going to have, but when I saw it, it wasn't much at all. Not that I'm complaining(far from it actually), I think what was shown got the point of the scenes across perfectly without being too umm..smutty(?) Maybe the other episodes will have more. I think some scenes(not just the sex stuff) looked like they may have been cut for time, which is understandable if they were.

Arya and Jon are still my favorite characters. I loved the scene between Jon and Tyrion. Jamie and Tyrion were great too. I liked Dani and Catelyn more than I remember liking them in the novels. The actress portraying Dani, really made me feel for the character. I thought Viserys was adequately pathetic(as he's supposed to be), so I didn't outright despise him. All the actors did a great job of making me love, or love to hate the characters they were playing.
              The puppies were adorable. That puppy at the bottom of the tower Bran climbed was the cutest thing ever lol. My one complaint is that the episode was too short, lol I want to see more now.
              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 17 April 2011, 07:19 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Pretty strong first episode.

Spoiler:
                I can't remember all the details as its been a while since I've read the book, but it looked like everything was accurately portrayed. I definitely remember Jamie's line about "the things I do for love". I feel like Tyrion is going to be as great a character as he is in the novels.
                sigpic

Comment

I never read the books and definitely can not remember all of the names and who is who yet, but I thought it was pretty epic. I can't wait to see more!

ETA Why
                  Spoiler:
                  didn't the "white walkers" kill that one guy?
                  Do we ever find out?
                  Last edited by Selene1212; 17 April 2011, 07:23 PM. Reason: ETA

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    So I watched the first episode, and really liked it. I actually thought it was a bit tamer than what was in the novels(I could be just imagining that though), which was surprising given what HBO did with the True Blood series.
                    Spoiler:
                    Jamie and Cersei's scene wasn't bad. Nothing was really shown(maybe because of the child actor needing to see them in the act), and I had imagined Dani's wedding to be a whole lot worse than what was shown too. I might have been remembering things wrong though, since its been years since I've read A Game of Thrones; or else I just might have a horribly filthy mind, because I was picturing there being more sex and nudity lol. It might also be because theres been lot of talk around about how horrible the sex scenes were and how much nudity the series was going to have, but when I saw it, it wasn't much at all. Not that I'm complaining(far from it actually), I think what was shown got the point of the scenes across perfectly without being too umm..smutty(?) Maybe the other episodes will have more. I think some scenes(not just the sex stuff) looked like they may have been cut for time, which is understandable if they were.

Arya and Jon are still my favorite characters. I loved the scene between Jon and Tyrion. Jamie and Tyrion were great too. I liked Dani and Catelyn more than I remember liking them in the novels. The actress portraying Dani, really made me feel for the character. I thought Viserys was adequately pathetic(as he's supposed to be), so I didn't outright despise him. All the actors did a great job of making me love, or love to hate the characters they were playing.
                    The puppies were adorable. That puppy at the bottom of the tower Bran climbed was the cutest thing ever lol. My one complaint is that the episode was too short, lol I want to see more now.
                    Give them time, I'd be willing to bet that HBO is just ramping it up.
                    Posting at.............
                    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      Pretty strong first episode.

Spoiler:
                      I can't remember all the details as its been a while since I've read the book, but it looked like everything was accurately portrayed. I definitely remember Jamie's line about "the things I do for love". I feel like Tyrion is going to be as great a character as he is in the novels.
                      Spoiler:
                      I just looked the tower scene with Jamie and Cersei up, because I wanted to make sure I wasn't just imagining worse, lol. It says something like Bran saw two naked people wrestling; they were pretty much fully clothed on tv, and Bran is 7 in the book, but 10(?) in the tv series. Those are just little things, though. I think all the characters are supposed to be older than they are in the books(they look older anyway) I don't think the changes take away anything, so they don't bother me.
                      sigpic

Comment

I never read the books and definitely can not remember all of the names and who is who yet, but I thought it was pretty epic. I can't wait to see more!

ETA Why
                        Spoiler:
                        didn't the "white walkers" kill that one guy?
                        Do we ever find out?
                        Spoiler:
                        I can't say for sure because I don't remember, but I can tell you there's a lot more details that will be coming about the white walkers.
                        sigpic

Comment

I find it odd that they would change the age of a child that actually dies from 7 to 10. Doesn't make sense to me... I'd love to know their reasoning. Mostly because they mentioned his age several times during the episode.

Comment

I find it odd that they would change the age of a child that actually dies from 7 to 10. Doesn't make sense to me... I'd love to know their reasoning. Mostly because they mentioned his age several times during the episode.
                            book spoiler, so its probably a spolier for the next episode.
                            Spoiler:
                            Bran's not dead, but ends up paralyzed

Also Jon and Robb are 14 in the beginning of the books, there is no way anyone can convince me that those two men playing Jon and Robb are 14(I'd believe 17), so I think they had to age the rest of the characters accordingly.
                            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 17 April 2011, 08:45 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                              Give them time, I'd be willing to bet that HBO is just ramping it up.
                              Probably
                              Spoiler:
                              Maybe HBO didn't want to risk turning viewers off by showing a graphic sex scene between characters that are supposed to be twins during the first episode? There were a lot of topless women, but nothing too graphic in the way of sex scenes(at least imo).

Add: YAY, this is my 2000 th post lol
                              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 17 April 2011, 09:09 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                book spoiler, so its probably a spolier for the next episode.
                                Spoiler:
                                Bran's not dead, but ends up paralyzed

Also Jon and Robb are 14 in the beginning of the books, there is no way anyone can convince me that those two men playing Jon and Robb are 14(I'd believe 17), so I think they had to age the rest of the characters accordingly.
                                Thank you! I'm very glad to hear that. Well,
                                Spoiler:
                                not the paralyzed part....

I think I read somewhere that they had to age up some of the characters because of the whole sex with minors thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X