Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great interview with Maisie who plays Arya in Game of Thrones (minor spoilers from the books)
    http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...isie-williams/

12 days...
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

'Game of Thrones' ratings: Here's how many watched HBO's preview

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/05/ga...-hbos-preview/

The first dab of Game of Thrones ratings trivia is in. On Sunday night, HBO aired a 15-minute preview showing the opening scenes of its highly anticipated new series. Here’s how many watched: 720,000.
      Is that good? Bad? Tough to say. It’s just a preview, and all the advertising for Thrones is emphasizing the actual premiere on April 17. Plus, plenty of would-be viewers watched the preview online (see it here). I think it’s fair to conclude this is not a giant number indicating the show’s debut will go through the ratings roof. But given its non-promoted and brief nature, nor does it suggest support for the show is soft — an HBO spokesperson points out the network has never done something like this before.
      I’ve watched the first six episodes. Many are going to love Thrones — especially those who stick around through the first few hours. Episodes 5 and 6 were incredible.

Comment

i think its going to be excellent....im really hoping even after my fav character isnt in it...i still watch it...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
          'Game of Thrones' ratings: Here's how many watched HBO's preview

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/05/ga...-hbos-preview/

The first dab of Game of Thrones ratings trivia is in. On Sunday night, HBO aired a 15-minute preview showing the opening scenes of its highly anticipated new series. Here’s how many watched: 720,000.
          Is that good? Bad? Tough to say. It’s just a preview, and all the advertising for Thrones is emphasizing the actual premiere on April 17. Plus, plenty of would-be viewers watched the preview online (see it here). I think it’s fair to conclude this is not a giant number indicating the show’s debut will go through the ratings roof. But given its non-promoted and brief nature, nor does it suggest support for the show is soft — an HBO spokesperson points out the network has never done something like this before.
          I’ve watched the first six episodes. Many are going to love Thrones — especially those who stick around through the first few hours. Episodes 5 and 6 were incredible.
          This rating means nothing cause only the hardcore fans actually knew that there will be a preview. So those 720000 people were waiting to watch Mildred Pierce the show that followed the preview.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mirishka View Post
            i think its going to be excellent....im really hoping even after my fav character isnt in it...i still watch it...
            What!!?! A character won't be in it...? ... Just kidding. But seriously, don't give up to soon. There is a possibility that they switch it up a bit from the books like they did with True Blood. If fans demand it he could live...

Originally posted by Andron View Post
            This rating means nothing cause only the hardcore fans actually knew that there will be a preview. So those 720000 people were waiting to watch Mildred Pierce the show that followed the preview.
            I think it means a lot. I think it means 10x's that amount or more will watch the show. Personally, I can't wait for GoT but I skipped the preview because I'd rather watch it all in one sitting. I'm sure there are a ton of other fans that skipped it as well.

Comment

*Ahem* Some of us have not read the books.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                WHAT!!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

I'd seriously suggest reading them, but I'd say wait, till after the first series has aired. I've re read the books a little while ago, but refrained from rereading them recently cause I don't want to nitpick the series. I'm happy it's going to be a faithful adaptation, but no adaptation is a perfect copy, there are always differences and I don't want to obesses over little details.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  I have not read them either, but I'd be willing to bet nearly every fan on this site knows that spoiler. (Also, no names were mentioned! )

Comment

I haven't read the books either, so I'd appreciate books being spoiler tagged
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      WHAT!!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

I'd seriously suggest reading them, but I'd say wait, till after the first series has aired. I've re read the books a little while ago, but refrained from rereading them recently cause I don't want to nitpick the series. I'm happy it's going to be a faithful adaptation, but no adaptation is a perfect copy, there are always differences and I don't want to obesses over little details.
                      I have plenty to read at the moment
                      Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                      I have not read them either, but I'd be willing to bet nearly every fan on this site knows that spoiler. (Also, no names were mentioned! )
                      I didnt know.
                      And i dont need to be a super genius to figure out Marishka's fave character
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't read the books, but the trailers and stuff intrigue me here. I might delve into them after the first series or so, but we'll see - I know, when it comes to True Blood and Walking Dead, I'd rather just stick with the TV show for now. Might be the same here.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I watched the 15 minutes preview. Twice. Was good.

Haven't been this excited about a new show in ages!

Haven't read the books, but from all the details i'm hearing im loving the sound of it. Heavy character and plot driven
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

http://multipleverses.com/2011/04/05...pisode-stills/

this link has lots of new pics from game of thrones ( especially drogo!!! woohooo)
                            also...it gives details of new forums etc and loads of other stuff.
                            sigpic

Comment

Tonight airs another behind-the-scenes special on HBO. This one will be 30 minutes long. According to the official synopsis, this special will delve behind the scenes of the HBO drama series ‘Game of Thrones’ in this special featuring interviews, clips from the show, and more.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...onight-on-hbo/
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                                Tonight airs another behind-the-scenes special on HBO. This one will be 30 minutes long. According to the official synopsis, this special will delve behind the scenes of the HBO drama series ‘Game of Thrones’ in this special featuring interviews, clips from the show, and more.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...onight-on-hbo/
                                ooh, more stuff. Though at this point I just want them to hurry up and air the show.

Also I see our show here is now front page news on Gateworld. So when do we get our separate section of the forum?

Comment

Working...
                                X