Bloodline (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    When talking about the machine, does anybody know why Peter is important to the Observers in the first place? I was watching "Peter"(A Episode i previously missed) and noted how the Observers were interrested in Peter even before he changed Universes. I always assumed that Peter is the one that has to go into the machine, because he is the cause of the imbalance of the Universes. Though when watching the Episode I couldnt shake the feeling that Peter was supposed to go into that Machine regardless, any ideas?
    This is pure speculation, but from what we know the machine was built by the First People a VERY long time ago, with the goal of one day having a certain human to power it. It's possible that the Observers' job was and is to make sure everything over time happened in the right way so that Peter would one day be born - meaning that all his ancestors were destined to further the bloodline that would eventually culminate in exactly his genetic makeup. What the machine does and why it would be important for it to be activated at this point in time, though, I have no idea. But I hope to find out once Fringe returns. Which can't be soon enough for me. Ten days to go!

BTW, I read a wonderful fanfic that explained why Peter and Olivia were so special by the fact that in all the parallel universes each one had an Olivia, but there was only one Peter who lived - making them two singularities at opposite ends of the spectrum.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      This is pure speculation, but from what we know the machine was built by the First People a VERY long time ago, with the goal of one day having a certain human to power it. It's possible that the Observers' job was and is to make sure everything over time happened in the right way so that Peter would one day be born - meaning that all his ancestors were destined to further the bloodline that would eventually culminate in exactly his genetic makeup. What the machine does and why it would be important for it to be activated at this point in time, though, I have no idea. But I hope to find out once Fringe returns. Which can't be soon enough for me. Ten days to go!

BTW, I read a wonderful fanfic that explained why Peter and Olivia were so special by the fact that in all the parallel universes each one had an Olivia, but there was only one Peter who lived - making them two singularities at opposite ends of the spectrum.
      This machine can Create and Destroy all, right? What if, at the time of the first People, there was just one Universe? They created the Machine, used it and found themselfs split into 2 Versions. The User of that machine seems to use all of his energy which probably went into the creation, so in order to undo it they needed an Ancestor of him with, as you said, the same Genetic Makeup.

Its pure speculation as well, but it would explain some stuff.

The Observers seem to be free from Time and Space/Universe and are connected to the first People. I think they were "first People" before this happened to them?
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This machine can Create and Destroy all, right? What if, at the time of the first People, there was just one Universe? They created the Machine, used it and found themselfs split into 2 Versions. The User of that machine seems to use all of his energy which probably went into the creation, so in order to undo it they needed an Ancestor of him with, as you said, the same Genetic Makeup.

Its pure speculation as well, but it would explain some stuff.
        Very interesting idea. That would also explain why we haven't seen any other universes. It may only be possible to travel to this one because it's a 'double' of ours, rather than an alternate timeline.

The Observers seem to be free from Time and Space/Universe and are connected to the first People. I think they were "first People" before this happened to them?
        If, as you said, the machine is made to create and destroy, maybe it created the Observers too. There's something robotic about them. And their whole existence seems to center around Peter re-activating the machine. I mean, look to what lengths they went in The Firefly to test whether Walter would be willing to sacrifice his son. I assume 'when the time comes we know he'll be ready to do it again' refers to Peter getting into that thing.

Man, I having to wait yet another week for the continuation is torture.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          Man, I having to wait yet another week for the continuation is torture.
          I agree, its fun guessing with you though and it kills some time.

As for the Observers, I think that they have been victims of the circumstances. I am just following the thought that the Universe got split by accident and there was only one try. They could have been scientists of the project or normal People that got stuck in the creation of the other Universe and simply found themselfs a reason for being in trying to undo their mistake. The reason why they are so Robotlike is just that they forgot how it is to be Human after all that time.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I agree, its fun guessing with you though and it kills some time.

As for the Observers, I think that they have been victims of the circumstances. I am just following the thought that the Universe got split by accident and there was only one try. They could have been scientists of the project or normal People that got stuck in the creation of the other Universe and simply found themselfs a reason for being in trying to undo their mistake. The reason why they are so Robotlike is just that they forgot how it is to be Human after all that time.
            It's funny, I just found a new video where Pinkner and Wyman talk about Sam Weiss. They were asked if the Observers were a part of the First People, and they said
            Spoiler:
            "Observers are their own thing".
            So, Observers could be
            a) from Earth, but even older than the First People
            b) from another planet/reality, or
            c) from a completely other dimension.

Anyway, in that interview they were asked a lot of tantalizing questions, and Pinkner/Wyman replied to most of them that they can't reveal that. Meaning that they will get addressed on the show, hopefully still this season, which makes me even more impatient...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X