No announcement yet.

Subject 9 (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting episode. At least now we know that Olivia was a cortexiphan child...but it seems that the drug wasn't as affective as it was before the "change." And it is cool that Peter is back! YAY!
    sigpic

Comment

Hi all! I was so excited to find a Fringe thread, this season I desperately need others' opinions on whats going on!

Since I hadn't read any spoilers, the ending of Subject 9 was a complete shock to me. I am so glad Peter is back!! It just wasn't the same without him (obviously).

I was just confused about Olivia's relationship with Nina in this episode... What changed in this Peterless (lol sorry) universe to make them close? In the regular universe Nina didn't know Olivia growing up, right? Needless to say, I am staying royally confused this season. But it's certainly keeping me interested!

Also, where was Lincoln??
      sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Originally posted by HayleeDex View Post
        Hi all! I was so excited to find a Fringe thread, this season I desperately need others' opinions on whats going on!
        Hi there! Glad to have another Ronon fan here.

Since I hadn't read any spoilers, the ending of Subject 9 was a complete shock to me. I am so glad Peter is back!! It just wasn't the same without him (obviously).

I was just confused about Olivia's relationship with Nina in this episode... What changed in this Peterless (lol sorry) universe to make them close? In the regular universe Nina didn't know Olivia growing up, right? Needless to say, I am staying royally confused this season. But it's certainly keeping me interested!
        This is just speculation, but Olivia mentioned also that she ran away from Walter and his trials. Maybe Nina found her and adopted her, refusing to let her go back. That could also explain Walter's animosity towards Nina - I'm sure he wouldn't have taken kindly to anybody who was taking his most promising test subject away from him..

Also, where was Lincoln??
        Maybe he was still recovering from being attacked by Gus?

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I thought it was already established that olivia (olive) was a cortexiphan child, for example: the whole crossing over between universes thing in S3

Comment

Originally posted by peterbjornx View Post
            I thought it was already established that olivia (olive) was a cortexiphan child, for example: the whole crossing over between universes thing in S3
            Except that we are now in a different timeline, where the events took place without Peter. So we don't know how much of the story we know actually happened. We do know for example that John Scott died from the exposure to the chemicals, because Peter came up with some of the treatments that saved him, and without him Walter failed. Also, Olivia wouldn't have had a reason to cross over since there was no Peter to bring back. As she said to Bolivia in the season opener, she was abducted instead so the Faux could take her place. It will be interesting to see Olivia's reaction when she finds out that she can cross between universes. If she even can. It was mentioned in this episode that Walter only gave very small doses of the drug to the children so the effects wore off within 24 hours. Of course this could be a lie, but if it isn't maybe Olivia doesn't have the same kind of powers she had in the other timeline.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

slow? no way! this ep had me on the edge!!!

Walter seems to be effective without Peter because of Olivia and Walters love for peter! Through Olivia, Walter connects with Peter (though they both love him, I feel Olivia is a conduit of sort). Its like last seasons ep where the elder couple almost caused a vortex, can't remember the name of it, but each lost their respective partners in the red and the blue. Olivia and Peter + Mr. Cameron James may have brought Peter back together, possibly. Love + Camerons power = peter back

Love seems to play a powerful ally in this show....

Has peter been "cleansed?" popping out of the waterlike that....

this episode was EPIC!!!!
              When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode, can't wait to see Peter again and how he will fit into this different timeline.

Don't know why but I'm kind of hoping that we will see Walternate soon as well. Wonder how he will be different due to the changes in the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                  Really enjoyed this episode, can't wait to see Peter again and how he will fit into this different timeline.

Don't know why but I'm kind of hoping that we will see Walternate soon as well. Wonder how he will be different due to the changes in the timeline.
                  Alluvia doesn't seem too different. So, I imagine Walternate will be about the same.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X