FOX: ''Doesn't expect Fringe to grow in audience''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Keep in mind that watching the original broadcast will only count if you have a Nielson's Ratings box hooked up to your television set.
    Something I really do wish I had.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Something I really do wish I had.
      As do I.
      sigpic

Comment

Fringe Season 4 premiered with a 1.5/5 in the demo last night. So far the show seems to be doing what it was doing last year when it moved to Friday, keep it up Fringe!

Comment

They may not think it's going to grow, but I sure am going to try my damned hardest to make sure it does. I've already got seven of my friends, four of my friend's parents, my parents, and my younger brother hooked. That's fourteen people! I'd say I'm doing pretty well
          "It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
          -Dana Scully

Comment

Originally posted by KayleeLiz View Post
            They may not think it's going to grow, but I sure am going to try my damned hardest to make sure it does. I've already got seven of my friends, four of my friend's parents, my parents, and my younger brother hooked. That's fourteen people! I'd say I'm doing pretty well
            Sounds like it...now get those people to get more people hooked!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Sounds like it...now get those people to get more people hooked!
              Yep, all we can do is spread the word about this magnificent show.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

BAM! One more. Successfully got my cousin to watch the season premeire. He said he loved it
                "It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
                -Dana Scully

Comment

Originally posted by KayleeLiz View Post
                  BAM! One more. Successfully got my cousin to watch the season premeire. He said he loved it
                  Really? That's great. I always wonder how people would react to watching Fringe for the first time by starting right now. As I said in another thread I think the fourth season premiere was easy to follow for a new viewers contrary to season 3 premiere. Even if each seasons, including the third, got their own season arc. Especially with blue Lincoln being like the eyes of the new viewers (since he was also discovering Fringe). Glad it was the case for your cousin.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The more fans and viewers the better.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                      Really? That's great. I always wonder how people would react to watching Fringe for the first time by starting right now. As I said in another thread I think the fourth season premiere was easy to follow for a new viewers contrary to season 3 premiere. Even if each seasons, including the third, got their own season arc. Especially with blue Lincoln being like the eyes of the new viewers (since he was also discovering Fringe). Glad it was the case for your cousin.
                      The season four premiere was definitely much easier to follow than season three. After we watched the season four premiere we decided to go back and watch season three. He spent the entire episode poking me in the side and asking me questions, then running out of the room then Peter kissed Altlivia at the end. Did I mention that he's only ten?
                      -Dana Scully

Comment

I just started watching season 1 (ep 1-10) online and don't know what to make of it. The weirdness probably puts people off (which I assume gets worse each season?). I don't like the fake science much, but the characters are interesting.

This definatly is a show you cannot just jump into in the middle (seen one episode of season 4 on Hulu and have no idea what is going on).

So unless you seen it from the start I can't see new people watching it and like any show old viewers get bored and leave so ratings will drop year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
                          I just started watching season 1 (ep 1-10) online and don't know what to make of it. The weirdness probably puts people off (which I assume gets worse each season?). I don't like the fake science much, but the characters are interesting.

This definatly is a show you cannot just jump into in the middle (seen one episode of season 4 on Hulu and have no idea what is going on).

So unless you seen it from the start I can't see new people watching it and like any show old viewers get bored and leave so ratings will drop year after year.
                          Although most of the stuff is not attainable...it is not fake science. There are scientific theories out there about traveling through time etc. If you told someone in the 1950s that by 2012...we'd be afraid to walk out of our houses with our cell phones...they would've told you that you're crazy. If you would've told them that we'd have laser eye surgery...they'd say that is impossible....so watch what you call "fake."
                          sigpic

Comment

If you look through the history of science the vast majority of theories are bull**** and discredited. Even some of the stuff I read in my Physical Chemistry books in the 1990's were proven wrong already. The show doesn't even deal with real physics, its just made up crap (aka fake science).

Unless I am mistaken Fringe takes place in the present day, not 50+ years from now when science has figured out more things and engineers have made that science a reality (which takes quite a bit of time and effort to do).

Comment

Hrm. It's in the bloody name of the show, you lot. Fringe science. The things which are rumoured to be real, and appear to have some level of anecdotal evidence, but are scoffed at by mainstream science. "Real"/"fake" science are not terms that really apply to the show.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Hrm. It's in the bloody name of the show, you lot. Fringe science. The things which are rumoured to be real, and appear to have some level of anecdotal evidence, but are scoffed at by mainstream science. "Real"/"fake" science are not terms that really apply to the show.
                                Well said.

Fringe science is actually a pretty real thing and it forms a basis of science. There are lots of stuff that have either been credited or discredited and stuff that was either proven to be impossible but later proven to be possible. It's even in the intro itself during the list of Fringe science; I can't list any specifics but from the past, virtual reality has proven to be impossible but look at us now, we have some form of virtual reality (aka Second Life); while it may not be the 100% virtual reality it claims to be, it is a step forward.

Made up crap in science is one thing but being proven as fact is another; as one user said, watch what you call fake.
                                Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
                                X