Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fringe Season 4! Lets start the spoilers and speculations!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pure speculation but I am speculating that Peter uses the Machine and instead of destruction or creation merges both Universes and creates a new Universe in the process.
    Where there where 2 now is 1 ; where there was 1 is now zero. The history of the new universe is changed to accomodate the merging.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      I just want to bask in the fact we're getting a season four. Seriously, this has made my year.
      It has definitely made mine a little bit brighter. That is for sure.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        It has definitely made mine a little bit brighter. That is for sure.
        What do you wanna see in Season 4?
        sigpic

Comment

As long as they don't produce another Brown Betty I'll be happy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            As long as they don't produce another Brown Betty I'll be happy.
            Yes, yes...I must concur 110%...no more Betty Brown episodes. While it wasn't superbad...I think it was Fringe's lowest point.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hellrasinb View Post
              This is pure speculation but I am speculating that Peter uses the Machine and instead of destruction or creation merges both Universes and creates a new Universe in the process.
              Where there where 2 now is 1 ; where there was 1 is now zero. The history of the new universe is changed to accomodate the merging.
              Combining the universes would mean losing half of both since two things can't exist in the same spot. So we'd have half of the 'over here' characters and half of the 'over there'. And if, as you say, only the doubles survive as singles that would mean no more Peter, no more Charlie, no more Broyles, no more Elizabeth, no more Ella... I don't think I could get behind that.

Actually, what I'd like to see is that they manage to stabilize both universe, and have them combine forces against a new enemy, say from a third universe. Maybe the First People survived in the yellow universe from where they try to conquer other universes, and the machine opens a doorway there.

sigpic
              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                Combining the universes would mean losing half of both since two things can't exist in the same spot. So we'd have half of the 'over here' characters and half of the 'over there'. And if, as you say, only the doubles survive as singles that would mean no more Peter, no more Charlie, no more Broyles, no more Elizabeth, no more Ella... I don't think I could get behind that.

Actually, what I'd like to see is that they manage to stabilize both universe, and have them combine forces against a new enemy, say from a third universe. Maybe the First People survived in the yellow universe from where they try to conquer other universes, and the machine opens a doorway there.
                I'm with you on this one. If a lot of the people we love in the show went "poof"...I wouldn't like that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I'm with you on this one. If a lot of the people we love in the show went "poof"...I wouldn't like that.
                  Which reminds me - I'd love to see Astrid and AltAstrid meet...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                    Which reminds me - I'd love to see Astrid and AltAstrid meet...
                    Yeah...that would be good...maybe Astrid can help Alstrid loosen up a bit...
                    sigpic

Comment

I've actually been wondering if Alternate Astrid has some kind of autism or something like that.

Anyway to be back on topic...I'd like to see Rachel and Ella make a reappearance, even if only a small one. They're not really vital to the story anymore, but they added some nice colour back in Season 1.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I've actually been wondering if Alternate Astrid has some kind of autism or something like that.
                        Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Something about the way she hardly ever looks at people suggests something like that. Now there's a backstory I would like to see explored. Is it genetic, or was Altstrid subjected to some kind of treatment that heightened her cognitive abilities but stunted other character traits, such as social behavior?

sigpic

Comment

Interesting theory on Alstrid. I have noticed that she doesn't look anyone in the eye. I wonder if its because of her subordinate role or because of an illness.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            or because of an illness.
                            In interview they said Alstrid suffers from autism (functional).

http://www.nerdles.com/2010/07/31/fr...tistic-astrid/
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Interesting...
                              sigpic

Comment

I was hoping that S4 would answer at least some of the many open questions, but it seems at least one of them - namely why Peter and Olivia both remember so little about what happened to them when they were about eight - won't be addressed. J.H. Wyman said about this subject in an interview:
                                “I think that one of the things that we have been keeping in mind, and the viewer should keep in mind: both Joel and I – and I’m sure you’re the same way — had really close mateys when we were 8 that we can hardly picture in our mind right now. And this was just a chance meeting. Olivia [also] didn’t remember meeting Walter, who played a much more significant role in her life. She didn’t remember meeting him throughout the first whole season until she was reminded.”

“There’s also something to be said that when traumatic experiences, you know, you could bury that stuff. So you bury some of the good stuff along with the bad stuff because some of those good things are triggers for the bad things.”
                                I don't really buy that. I remember very clearly what I did when I was eight. I sure remember what school I went to, and who my teacher was, even earlier than that. So why doesn't Olivia remember the building in Jacksonville or Walter after spending so many years (from 3 to 8, IIRC) there with him? And I don't find the explanation that bad memories will simply get suppressed believable. I remember climbing on our dining room table, which fell over and crushed my fingers when I was only five, and my mother breaking her neck in a car accident and wearing a cast from head to waist for three months when I was six.

Any other open questions/issue you'd like to see answered this season?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X