This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Definitely give it a chance. It is well worth the investment of your time, I promise you.
    I definitely plan on watching it. But Id rather start from the beginning instead of jumping into the current season.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      I still have yet to watch this show I hear nothing but great things about(but I plan on watching sometime this year). But I do hope it does well enough to get a fourth season. FOX deserves to be spit in the face.

Comment

FRINGE ratings hold steady!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...slightly/83842

Don't FOX look at a Season's demo ratings in total rather than how one episode does? But things do appear to be looking up.

PS. Thinking of getting Season 2 on DVD on Monday got Season 1 a few weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I definitely plan on watching it. But Id rather start from the beginning instead of jumping into the current season.
          Highly, highly recommended with this show. It's a show with mysteries that are gradually revealed as it carries on, so to start mid-run would rob you of some wonderful experiences along the way.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Good news about the ratings remaining steady.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Indeed it is. Several weeks in a row now....stick that in your pipe and smoke it, FOX!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                Don't FOX look at a Season's demo ratings in total rather than how one episode does? But things do appear to be looking up.
                Beyond premium channel (and cable channel to a degree) networks are looking at the ratings expectations for the future episodes (since it means increase of revenue). So they are interested in trends. Hopefully, since the ratings are pretty good for a Friday night and the show got good press, Fox will let Fringe solidify it's viewership on Friday.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  Beyond premium channel (and cable channel to a degree) networks are looking at the ratings expectations for the future episodes (since it means increase of revenue). So they are interested in trends. Hopefully, since the ratings are pretty good for a Friday night and the show got good press, Fox will let Fringe solidify it's viewership on Friday.
                  We can only hope! That said the 1.9 the first two weeks will definitely work to the show's advantage. And to add to that the show has so far managed to maintain its Thursday night audience, which Rielly said if the shows was able to maintain its audience it would stand a chance. I personally think the show will have exceeded FOX's expectations for a Friday night scripted show.

Comment

We can only hope! That said the 1.9 the first two weeks will definitely work to the show's advantage. And to add to that the show has so far managed to maintain its Thursday night audience, which Rielly said if the shows was able to maintain its audience it would stand a chance. I personally think the show will have exceeded FOX's expectations for a Friday night scripted show.
                    I certainly hope so.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The show's problem is not finding viewers, it is getting them to watch Live. They moved up to like a 2.5 rating in the 18 to 49 demo after all DVR was factored into play. It just goes to show that Friday night is one of the more DVR'd nights of the week, because people go out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        The show's problem is not finding viewers, it is getting them to watch Live. They moved up to like a 2.5 rating in the 18 to 49 demo after all DVR was factored into play. It just goes to show that Friday night is one of the more DVR'd nights of the week, because people go out.
                        Absolutely.

I'm also a firm believer in the assertion that us scifi geeks are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting our shows renewed, because we tend to be the first ones to fully adopt and embrace new technology like DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Absolutely.

I'm also a firm believer in the assertion that us scifi geeks are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting our shows renewed, because we tend to be the first ones to fully adopt and embrace new technology like DVR.
                          Yeah, they use the word "Tech Savy". I also believe that these science fiction shows that we watch do have interest to a lot of people, but how they watch it, is hurting that genre. At least with the movie market, it can be shown through the box office and DVD sales. Heck, the top grossing movie of 2009 in DVD sales and whatnot was a Sci fi movie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Should we get the Friday night finals tonight? Or are they released tomorrow?

Comment

Should we get the Friday night finals tonight? Or are they released tomorrow?
                              Friday's finals will be out around 4pm today.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...te-gains/83983

Comment

Working...
                                X