Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Friday is the right place for Fringe. I think we will get another season and more. But it should have started there. The constant scheduling move is not good for any shows.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      I think Friday is the right place for Fringe. I think we will get another season and more. But it should have started there. The constant scheduling move is not good for any shows.
      I totally agree with that point in bold.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A little interview with Fringe producers about the friday move. No spoilers at all in this interview.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=28469

Nice to hear they have pitched the season 5, season 6 and season 7 plan for the show.

Fringe indeed hit its sweet spot in it's third season. A perfect mix of great episodic stories and continuous character and story arcs with an ever developing mythology. The first 2 seasons were good but now season 3 is hitting it out of the ball park (with a bit more serialized storytelling and exploration of the parallel universe putting a "face" to the "enemy"). Lets gear up for Fringe Fridays!
        Last edited by Commander Zelix; 20 January 2011, 08:15 PM.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

A little interview with Fringe producers about the friday move. No spoilers at all in this interview.

Nice to hear they have pitched the season 5, season 6 and season 7 plan for the show.

Fringe indeed hit its sweet spot in it's third season. A perfect mix of great episodic stories and continuous character and story arcs with an ever developing mythology. The first 2 seasons were good but now season 3 is hitting it out of the ball park (with a bit more serialized storytelling and exploration of the parallel universe putting a "face" to the "enemy"). Lets gear up for Fringe Fridays!
          Sweet! It is good to hear that they are optimistic about the show's chances, so the plan is to have 7 Seasons in total?

Comment

That's excellent!
            sigpic

Comment

'Fringe' Premieres Up, 'Kitchen Nightmares' Starts Well
              sigpic

Comment

Fox topped Friday among adults 18-49 as Fringe ratings rose after its timeslot move

Fringe’s Friday premiere 1.9 adults 18-49 rating was a fraction above its Fall 18-49 average rating (1.88) and 12% above its latest new episode (1.7 adults 18-49, 12/9/10). That’s much better than most of our polled readers expected. If it can maintain that level, I’d expect it to be renewed.
                Those are my favorite lines from the article!
                sigpic

Comment

I am glad that the first episode after the break got good ratings (for a sci-fi show) Fringe deserves it.. and I hope it gets a fourth season....!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                    I am glad that the first episode after the break got good ratings (for a sci-fi show) Fringe deserves it.. and I hope it gets a fourth season....!
                    Someone did point out that this coming Friday they'll be up against Supernatural. I hate it because I love both shows.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Someone did point out that this coming Friday they'll be up against Supernatural. I hate it because I love both shows.
                      I don't see SN being any real competition for FRINGE. SN gets like what 2 million viewers? Plus with HELL'S KITCHEN being FRINGE'S lead-in show seems to be helping a lot! I'm just glad it premiered well, and it was actually UP from the previous episode! And again FOX have said that if FRINGE can maintain its audience from Thursday nights it'll be renewed and so far, it has done exactly that!

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                        I don't see SN being any real competition for FRINGE. SN gets like what 2 million viewers? Plus with HELL'S KITCHEN being FRINGE'S lead-in show seems to be helping a lot! I'm just glad it premiered well, and it was actually UP from the previous episode! And again FOX have said that if FRINGE can maintain its audience from Thursday nights it'll be renewed and so far, it has done exactly that!
                        I guess only time will tell! Friday will be here soon!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I guess only time will tell! Friday will be here soon!
                          I know I can't wait for Friday.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/fr...ay-ratings-dvr

'Fringe' Friday ratings spike thanks to DVR

Fox’s Fringe story continues to improve. After delivering a surprisingly strong number on Friday despite moving from Thursdays, the drama has gained an additional 42 percent thanks to DVR playback after only three days of Nielsen measurements.

Fringe jumped from a 1.9 adult demo rating on Friday night (matching its Thursday average) to a 2.7, thanks to the added viewing. Compare that to CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has averaged a 2.4 on the night. Competition will climb in the coming weeks as Fringe will face more original shows like CW’s Supernatural, but this is a great start.
                            sigpic

Comment

Very nice! GO DVRs!
                              sigpic

Comment

I figured that would happen, since Fringe has always gotten approximately half its numbers from DVRs, but it's nice to see it confirmed. That should firmly cement Fringe as the highest rated Friday night show, no? Assuming we don't want to be cynical (ie, that the Fox execs keep their word), things are looking excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X