Jaynestown (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
    It would seem that TV stations dont know when they have a really good show.

As for the episode, its great. made me laugh a lot.
    one of the funniest lines in this episode is when River is hiding from Book's hair, "They say the snow on the roof was too heavy. They say the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger!" makes me laugh every time

Comment

River/Book's hair always makes me laugh! So does River trying to fix the Bible!

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
        River/Book's hair always makes me laugh! So does River trying to fix the Bible!
        Hah- in such a funny ep all round, I think those were my two favourite parts.

Comment

This was a very funny ep. I loved River too fixing the Bible LOL. Kaylee and Simon were interesting. Jayne the hero LOL good ep for him.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

this certainly is an awesome ep. Jayne's a great character and he's so hilarious
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

"This must be what it feels like to go mad."

Comment

This is my favorite Firefly episode (coincidentally Jewel's too, but we love it for different reasons). I love it because it contains my favorite general scene, which is River fixing the bible (followed by the hair thing), my favorite shipping moment, which is the "You're pretty... pretty" moment with Simon and Kaylee. The Jayne thing for me was just additional spices to flavor a great dish.

This is also the episode with Kaylee's "have good sex" line, where Simon's reaction cracks me up. The Simon/Kaylee swearing discussions, Wash's drunkeness (which is why Jewel loves it, cause she says it's the best drunk she's ever seen).

Someone on youtube made a funny re-edit of Simon and Kaylee's drunken scene, which makes them seem even drunker than they are:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmO7rUoGZqc

SO hilarious!
                sigpic
                My Site || My Blog

Comment

i just watched this again on the scifi channel-seems like it gets better every time I see it

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Anyone know where I can download an mp3 of The Hero of Canton? (hopefully similar to how it sounds in the show)
                    sigpic
                    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Lots of favourite bits have already been mentioned, but I quite enjoyed Simon's "This must be what going mad feels like" when he sees the statue...followed by, "No, this must be what going mad feels like" when he hears the song.

Comment

This is definetly one of my favorites of Firefly. I want to go to the crappy town where I'm the hero, lol.

Here's a youtube video of Adam Baldwin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgX-7ebLOdw

Comment

It was hilarious how Simon explained he would only use foul language in extreme circumstances, then see's the statue of Jayne and exclaims "Holy ****!" LOL
                          "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Back when the SPACE network was airing Firefly (at the time the movie came out in theatres). They showed every Wednesday morning at 10am. Only problem was, I was volunteering at my local hospital Wednesday's from 9am to 12pm, so always missed it. Untill one Wednesday morning when our group didn't have to volunteer. And this happened to be the episode that they showed (and the first I saw). And as Jayne was already my fave charactor, this became my fave episode since it focused on him !!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I like when Wash says, "we need to go to the crappy town where I'm a folk hero."
                              sigpic

Comment

I saw this episode so many times and its still is funny lol Jayne is Awsome!

Team Ronan

Comment

Working...
                                X