No announcement yet.

Jaynestown (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favourite eps. The statue scene was great, and the song is fantastic, and so catchy. Great ep
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
      This is one of my favourite eps. The statue scene was great, and the song is fantastic, and so catchy. Great ep
      the song is catchy. i like how jayne goes from being kinda mortified that they think of him as a hero, but then starts signing along with them. i think the end of the episode is quite sad though

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
        this episode was hilarious. i loved their reaction to the statue, and the song had me laughing for ages. i can see me watching this episode again and again. it was great
        Yes, I have to agree. Kaylee was hilarious with the statue and I found it funny how Simon was acting with Jayne being a hero. At least he got a hamster

Comment

I read somewhere that there was an easter egg on the DVD with Adam Baldwin singing the song, but I couldn't find it- is there one?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            I read somewhere that there was an easter egg on the DVD with Adam Baldwin singing the song, but I couldn't find it- is there one?
            There is one. I watched it on my dvds a while back.

Directions I found on the internet (I think these were the same ones I used):

- On Disc 4, from the main menu, select Special Features.
            - Select More.
            - Highlight, but do not select, "Joss Sings the Firefly Theme".
            - Press Left-Arrow, highlighting the ornament above.
            - Press SELECT.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836

- Select More.
              - Press SELECT.
              Thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836

- Select More.
                - Press SELECT.
                thank you. i was just wondering about that. im going to give a go later on tonight.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

This was a very funny episode, Books' hair had me in stitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                    This was a very funny episode, Books' hair had me in stitches.
                    yeah his hair was great
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Anyone got any chords to the song, or am i just going to have to make something up?
                      When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                      The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                      Spoiler:
                      MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                      Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                      MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                      Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                      AND
                      MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                      Me: Times it by that really big number!
                      MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                      Me: How should i know?
                      MBA: Its on the board
                      Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Originally posted by Hooperman1990 View Post
                        Anyone got any chords to the song, or am i just going to have to make something up?
                        Whaaaaat... you need chords?! What kind of fan are you?
                        I thought every Firefly fan worth his/her salt can sing the song without accompaniment...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          Whaaaaat... you need chords?! What kind of fan are you?
                          I thought every Firefly fan worth his/her salt can sing the song without accompaniment...
                          Well my dad always told me to sing with guitar (or bouzouki, or banjo) cos it sounds nicer. After joining a folk club i realized i cant sing without the acoompaniment, you need to be able to sing to do that! Besides, i thought all firefly fans loved the banjo!

Ive now found the chords! Ill have it recorded and up as soon as i get hold of a mic. Do people prefer banjo or guitar?
                          Last edited by Hooperman1990; 27 November 2006, 09:09 AM. Reason: Change
                          When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                          The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                          Spoiler:
                          MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                          Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                          MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                          Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                          AND
                          MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                          Me: Times it by that really big number!
                          MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                          Me: How should i know?
                          MBA: Its on the board
                          Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Dam another Great epsiode.
                            As i watch through the boxset I get more and more into the show and its characters and am still left wondering Why FOX would cancel it? The Fools!

Anways i love this episode as its about my Fav character of Jayne (gotta love the gun happy anti-hero) Also his floors as a charcter are about as strong as Mckays which is gd.

I love the statue scene and Sheppards Hair!
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                              Dam another Great epsiode.
                              As i watch through the boxset I get more and more into the show and its characters and am still left wondering Why FOX would cancel it? The Fools!

Anways i love this episode as its about my Fav character of Jayne (gotta love the gun happy anti-hero) Also his floors as a charcter are about as strong as Mckays which is gd.
                              I know, I too cant believe that FOX cancelled the show, it was amazin, but look at Stargate, SCI-FI have cancelled SG-1 for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
                                I know, I too cant believe that FOX cancelled the show, it was amazin, but look at Stargate, SCI-FI have cancelled SG-1 for some reason
                                It would seem that TV stations dont know when they have a really good show.

As for the episode, its great. made me laugh a lot.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X