2008 Firefly Re-Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's called Dollhouse

It sounds original. There's a thread over here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48332 and other stuff has been hiding in my signature under the spoilers lately.

Comment

Which reminds me... I'm posting some pics from episode 5 (Safe) since I think everyone's at least up to that episode.

Enjoy!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I think so, Aurora. If it's what I'm thinking of then I believe it stars Eliza Dushku who played Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
        Oh cool! Loved those shows and like Eliza Dushku too. Thanks for the info Alan
        sigpic
        Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
          It's called Dollhouse

It sounds original. There's a thread over here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48332 and other stuff has been hiding in my signature under the spoilers lately.
          Dollhouse! Yes of course! The title totally eluded me! I knew it had "Doll" in the title but wasn't sure if it was "something" Doll or Doll "Something". Thanks for the reminder Pic-CollSwan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

It's called Dollhouse

thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out
            sigpic
            Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

I got to see two more episodes finally! Our Mrs. Reynolds and Jaynestown.

So, "Mrs. Reynolds" wasn't as innocent as she pretended to be... I was surprised to see she was a companion.
              It seems there's nothing but bad guys in the Firefly universe. Or, maybe it's just that our guys always seem to come across them. A lot.
              I liked the scene when Inara kissed Mal, thinking he was dead and then she herself gets drugged in the process.
              I've been trying to not spoil myself before I watch the episodes and because of this, I still get confused on some things. What's with the chinese being spoken by the cast every once in awhile? Will this ever be explained?

So, we find out in Jaynestown that Jayne is quite the folk hero. Who knew? It was nice to a different side of him in this episode. I thought he was pretty fun in this one too. The statue of him just cracked me up. I'm also liking Simon and Kaylee together. They're just too darn cute.

I've liked every episode I've seen so far. Some I thought were better than others but I haven't been disappointed yet.
              sigpic

Comment

More people on earth today speak Chinese than English (I think I read that statistic somewhere) and China is becoming an economic giant. It's logical to think that it'll morph in 500+ years.

Ah yes, let the Inara and Mal angst roll.

The "Hero of Canton" is quite possibly one of the funniest songs to ever come out of TV. Here's a fan version that is quite good: bedlam-bards

I'll get pics up for the eps you're up to in the next couple of days!

Comment

What Pic said the idea was that the two largest civilazations (and only) ones were American or English speaking and China so people kinda picked up on it there are some good web sites that give you the translations if you want them this is the site that I use.
                  sigpic

Comment

Re-watch pics from Our Mrs. Reynolds
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Re-watch pics from Jaynestown

Spoiler:

Comment

I love Sheppard's hair truth be told I just love the whole ep of Jaynestown
                        sigpic

Comment

More people on earth today speak Chinese than English (I think I read that statistic somewhere) and China is becoming an economic giant. It's logical to think that it'll morph in 500+ years.

Ah yes, let the Inara and Mal angst roll.

The "Hero of Canton" is quite possibly one of the funniest songs to ever come out of TV. Here's a fan version that is quite good: bedlam-bards

I'll get pics up for the eps you're up to in the next couple of days!
                          Your comments about China make complete sense. And since the show is set 500 years from now, I see the logic in them speaking Chinese as well as English.

I watched The Message today. It was a good episode but I think out of all the ones I've seen so far, probably my least favorite right now.
                          It was sad that they lost an old comrade of theirs but he really didn't give them a choice.
                          I was kind of confused at that point. Was he carrying organs in his own body, only to get his own organs back after he delivered the other ones? That's really messed up!

And poor Kaylee. Is Simon ever going to get his act together? He just keeps messing up when it comes to her.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                            I watched The Message today.
                            Oooo. So I owe you pics from... let's see.. lots!!

08 Out of Gas
                            09 Ariel
                            10 War Stories
                            11 Trash

Then from The Message

Wow, time to get posting...

In the meantime, did you know that The Message was the last episode filmed? The funeral scene at the end takes on all sorts of meanings knowing that. Funerals are, after all, about saying goodbye. I wasn't mourning for Tracy - but for our BDH at that point. Cancelation is such a foul word. Joss makes a cameo appearance in the scene as well.
                            http://community.livejournal.com/fir...22.html#cutid1

Comment

Out of Gas

Quite easily my favorite episode. (Of course, if you've followed any of the H&H on that, you'll know I waffle a lot). It's all about the love affair between a man and his ship. Great stuff, there.

Spoiler:

Comment

Oooo. So I owe you pics from... let's see.. lots!!

08 Out of Gas
                                09 Ariel
                                10 War Stories
                                11 Trash

Then from The Message

Wow, time to get posting...

In the meantime, did you know that The Message was the last episode filmed? The funeral scene at the end takes on all sorts of meanings knowing that. Funerals are, after all, about saying goodbye. I wasn't mourning for Tracy - but for our BDH at that point. Cancelation is such a foul word. Joss makes a cameo appearance in the scene as well.
                                http://community.livejournal.com/fir...22.html#cutid1
                                Well that definitely puts that episode in a whole new light after reading that. I had no idea.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X