1 question (New to the show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 question (New to the show)

Hi all i just started watching this show yesterday and i managed to get 4 episodes watched, my questions is why the hell did it get cancled, its a brilliant show and i cant wait to get my hands on the movie.
    sigpic

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
    Hi all i just started watching this show yesterday and i managed to get 4 episodes watched, my questions is why the hell did it get cancled, its a brilliant show and i cant wait to get my hands on the movie.
    The ******* **** *** and *** ***** to *** ****, which is also known as FOX.
    LLAP

Comment

thats the million dollar question we all want to know, or how did Zoe put it to Mal in "train job" about his brain missing
      sigpic

Comment

It was cancelled because it was too good! It was making all the other FOX shows look bad!

Comment

so basically no one knows why................its a real shame as well.
          sigpic

Comment

so basically no one knows why................its a real shame as well.
            Basically, FOX saw that it wasn't getting the ratings they were hoping for and cancelled it. Though, the low ratings have been blamed on the fact that FOX aired the episodes out of order, occasionally preempting the show for sports, and mis-advertising it.

But yeah, in the end, no one really knows why FOX decided to cancel a show that would have been a hit had they given it a chance.
            LLAP

Comment

its a shame another network didnt take it on the, well thats just life aint it.
              sigpic

Comment

its a shame another network didnt take it on the, well thats just life aint it.
                Yeah. There was a big fan campaign for another network to pick it up. Particularly UPN as they did the last two seasons of Whedon's other popular series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but nothing ever came of it.
                LLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarian View Post
                  Yeah. There was a big fan campaign for another network to pick it up. Particularly UPN as they did the last two seasons of Whedon's other popular series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but nothing ever came of it.
                  I feel as tho part of my life has been stolen ha ha ha
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not too sure on how a Space Opera season's are set, but I think they might have expended all the good ideas for those first shows. (Which makes them quite good as well, on the sunny side up.)

At least we got a movie which went quite well.

Comment

I envy you! To see this show with fresh eyes! Don't rush them, savour each one cause they're all you'll get!

On the bright side, there's a three issue canon comic series coming in March from Dark Horse Comics called "Better Days".

Also on an even brighter side, you might want to check out Whedon's other work afterwards, if you haven't already. Buffy and Angel have twelve seasons plus canon comic continuations between them.

Comment

Because Fox is evil...and cancels good shows...

like Futurama....

Curse you FOX...

Curse you...

Comment

Or as I like to say fox is just stupid...bring back Drive and Freakylinks.
                          River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                          X