Newbie meets Firefly/Serenity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie meets Firefly/Serenity

I just....umm......foundthis show.....under a rock.......not in the tubes of teh intrawebs...oh no never....that would pirating!!! .....anyway , altho I heard about this show I never watched it until it was played one night recently after midnight for 4 times in a row.......I became extremely interested in it and I saw Serenity too.......simply GREAT shows..........soooo..........what's the news about whether it will be bought by another station like SciFi? I signed all the online petitions I could find but I can't find any news about a sequel.......the prospects seem dim because they killed 2 great characters in Serenity........anyway.....will someone give me a hug and a kiss as welcome to the fanbase?

Really, if Scifi bought the rights to reruns....maybe they will take the show as they did with Stargate?

It's doubtful that the show will continue, the last I heard was that the director wanted to continue the show sometime in the future, after the last episode of Firefly (and ignoring Serenity because of the loss of characters) but the chances of this ever happening aren't too likely.

There are several fan based continuations of the show though, there's a written version of the Serenity movie where it breaks it down into several episodes. I've read some of the episodes and it is excellent! It captures the crew members and the humour of Firefly very well There's also audio episodes of Firefly created by fans and they are really well done too, you can tell who each charecter is. I'm sure there's many more of these around too, those two are the best I've seen though.

I can get you a link to them if you want.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Right now, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a continuation of the TV show or a sequel. There is a new series of comics coming out in March. There was also the graphic novel entitled Those Left Behind, which was a TV episode that was written but never filmed. It fills some of the gap between the series and the movie.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
        Right now, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a continuation of the TV show or a sequel. There is a new series of comics coming out in March. There was also the graphic novel entitled Those Left Behind, which was a TV episode that was written but never filmed. It fills some of the gap between the series and the movie.
        I didn't know there was a novel that was written to fill the gap between the last episode and Serenity. Is it good?
        StarshineRoxie
        A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X