Serenity named 'top sci-fi film' by SFX Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity named 'top sci-fi film' by SFX Magazine

Serenity, a film by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon, has been voted the world's best sci-fi movie in an SFX magazine poll of 3,000 people.

The futuristic release from 2005 was based on short-lived TV series Firefly, and followed a group of smugglers and rebels who were pursued after a raid.

Star Wars - which Whedon has conceded had "an enormous influence" on Serenity - came second in the survey.

Blade Runner, Planet of the Apes and The Matrix completed the top five.

Read more at BBC.co.uk

Very cool! I voted for it. It was a tough choice between it, Star Wars, The Matrix, and Bladerunner. Great movies.
    Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 02 April 2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

i always seem to miss these polls! would have voted for Serenity if i'd known about it!

Comment

Awesome News! Serenity deserves much more recognition than it's been given in the media.

Comment

While I'm happy to hear that (I really liked Serenity and Firefly), I honestly don't think it beat out the Star Wars films... But that's just my opinion. I still loved the movie, so congrads to it!
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Star Wars isnt all that... it has many major and minor loop holes, inconsistent details, and is illogical at points... Serenity may have some of the same problems (the new Serenity kinda bugs me, miss the old ship), but not nearly as much...

Comment

I love Serenity but I would have voted for The Matrix... that was one completely mind blowing film that used all the elements of genre to its advantage.

I have never considered Star Wars serious scifi... it's great fun... as my husband would say, it's more a fantasy than solid scifi.

Here's the SFX link:
              http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=..._the_fireflies
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
              X