Serenity RPG published!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity RPG published!!!

I was in my local Barnes & Noble yesterday afterwork to preorder SGA Season 2 and to order the complete box set for the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon (to watch with my kids) since they had a buy two get the cheaper one free with box sets, and I had an extra 15% off coupon for the one I paid for when I headed to the SF section. In the games, lo and behold, there was a hardbound Serenity RPG. I didn't buy it, since I have to pay off my bass tomorrow and I'd just gotten the DVDs, but I'll pick it up this weekend. The back had a "gorram Chinese" section with phrases and translations.

If nobody knew about it, now you do, if you already have it, please post your impressions of it, since I've done quite a bit of RPing in my day, and I'm curious as to what someone who spent more than 10 minutes skimming it would say. (That said, I've already gotten the Serenity Visual Companion and the Firefly Visual Companion Vol. 1 and both are great for those who may be wondering)

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
    I was in my local Barnes & Noble yesterday afterwork to preorder SGA Season 2 and to order the complete box set for the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon (to watch with my kids) since they had a buy two get the cheaper one free with box sets, and I had an extra 15% off coupon for the one I paid for when I headed to the SF section. In the games, lo and behold, there was a hardbound Serenity RPG. I didn't buy it, since I have to pay off my bass tomorrow and I'd just gotten the DVDs, but I'll pick it up this weekend. The back had a "gorram Chinese" section with phrases and translations.

If nobody knew about it, now you do, if you already have it, please post your impressions of it, since I've done quite a bit of RPing in my day, and I'm curious as to what someone who spent more than 10 minutes skimming it would say. (That said, I've already gotten the Serenity Visual Companion and the Firefly Visual Companion Vol. 1 and both are great for those who may be wondering)
    Does this mean that it's a book which can be used by gamemasters, a piece of software or a game set with player pieces and unique accoutrement?

Comment

It's a hardbound book, probably for players and GMs like most of the RPGs I've played.

Here's a link on their site http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...31567503&itm=3

Comment

I have no idea what an RPG is.....but I noticed a few weeks ago that my library has the Serenity one on order, so I requested it.

Comment

RPG = Role Playing Game. Essentially, such books would contain stats and information to play the characters of that universe with a 'game master' providing the setting for the players and leading them in the thing.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

yeah, its been out for a while, I think since shortly after Serenity was at the cinemas.

So far the only supplements ae the GM Screen and an expansion Out In The Black

Comment

First time I saw it, but I'll be picking it up. Have you played it or at least read through it in detail Neorapsta? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Comment

awww im dispointed when i saw rpg i just assumed it was a video game kind

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis View Post
                  awww im dispointed when i saw rpg i just assumed it was a video game kind
                  The Firefly mmorpg is in the works.....only a matter of time.
                  "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Working...
                  X