OK, convince me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wako!
    Well, both Firefly + Serenity have ,just this minute, arrived, so I definitely don't need convincing (but I can't watch them till tommorrow) :'(
    Why the wait?
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Money well spent!!
      Chicago Con Attendee 2011
      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
      GateCon Attendee 2008
      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        Why the wait?
        My mum was hogging the TV
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I was reluctant to have anything to do with Firefly, and when Serenity hit theaters I was instantly dissinterested because I knew it was from "the guy who did Buffy." Then I heard about the basic premise and became intrigued (sci-fi and westerns are two genres I love).

Then I came home from class a few weeks ago and caught the last half of Jaynestown, all of Out of Gas, Ariel and War Stories. Needless to say, I got hooked and within two weeks I had Serenity and the complete series in nice little brown boxes that came from Amazon.com.

I'm still waitin' on that corpse I ordered.

That's the short and mildly interesting story of how I went from being blissfully ignorant of the 'Verse to Browncoat in training.

Comment

I've just recently started watching Firefly and I'm already a big fan (only got 4 episodes left until end of series, DAMN YOU SCIFI!).
            I love it, especially Our Mrs Reynolds and Jaynestown - actually there are no exceptions, I take it back, EVERY SINGLE EPISODE IS GREAT.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              I've just recently started watching Firefly and I'm already a big fan (only got 4 episodes left until end of series, DAMN YOU SCIFI!).
              I love it, especially Our Mrs Reynolds and Jaynestown - actually there are no exceptions, I take it back, EVERY SINGLE EPISODE IS GREAT.
              Ummmm, for once, this isn't Sci-fi's fault. Firefly was on Fox and they're the ones who cancelled it. So curse Fox.

Comment

No need to convince me. I caught one or two episodes a few years ago and was immediately hooked, only to find out it was already cancelled. *curses Fox*

Now that I have the whole series, I'm working my way through it very slowly, savouring every episode. Next on my list is "War Stories". Can't wait to see it.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                  No need to convince me. I caught one or two episodes a few years ago and was immediately hooked, only to find out it was already cancelled. *curses Fox*

Now that I have the whole series, I'm working my way through it very slowly, savouring every episode. Next on my list is "War Stories". Can't wait to see it.
                  Yeah I just watched the series for the first time too, DAMN YOU FOX! YOU CANCELLED FAMILY GUY AS WELL!!!
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Fox have cancelled way more kick-ass shows than SciFi could dream of (and lets not get started on poor Tim Minear). Firefly, Wonderfalls, Futurama, Family Guy (was Angel on Fox? I'm not sure). Mind you, SciFi are certainly doing their best to catch up. If they keep it up they'll be able to apply for Saddam's now-vacant position on the Axis of Evil, along with Bush and Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                      (was Angel on Fox? I'm not sure)
                      Dark Angel, yes, but I don't think Angel was (two very different shows).

In anycase, watch the first episode of Family Guy after it returned to Fox from being cancelled and you will enjoy a somewhat humerous opening scene.
                      Actually, YouTube helped me out here:
                      Family Guy Clip of Peter Naming Cancelled Fox Shows

Comment

Glad tohear you brought the Firefly Box Set. Perhaps the single best bit of money spending of my life to date.

....and while I'm here.....

I'm going to plug the fine work of the Virtual Firefly project at [http://www.stillflying.net. In short a script based continuation of Firefly picking up right after OiS, and continuing on two season 2 and even beyond that. Read a couple of random episodes and see if it's to your taste.

Comment

i rewatch firefly episodes more than any others, definately the best investment

Comment

yes it is
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I'm watching Firefly episodes (or at least, my favorite scennes) weekly.

I've seen the end of "Safe," where Mal goes "Yeah, but she's our witch. (Pumps shotgun.) So cut her the hell down." more than anything else. I just love that scene.

Comment

convinced?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X