Comment

you get more flies with honey than vinager
      buy it and i'll give you a cookie

Comment

Originally posted by jesserella
        buy it and i'll give you a cookie
        I'm convinced!

now wheres my cookie?
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
          I have been reluctant to buy Firefly, solely because i have never seen firefly in my life, and i don't want to buy something before i know i will like it, my biggest fear is to be left wondering "I spent £18.97 on this?". I'm not a fan of most sci-fi (Stargate, Wars, BTTF, Matrix are exceptions) and I'm not too keen on westens, so people convince me to buy it instead of Futurama!
          To be honest, I hadn't either. I had a friend trying to convince me about it's greatness at a party a year or so ago. He promised to buy me the DVDs for my bday but never did. A few months later I brought it up again and he picked them up a few days later for me.

I have to say that I never watched it until recently (like last night sitting here at work when it was so dead). I have to say, this show if freaking awesome! The stories are good, the effects are well done. They blend in with the story nicely without really calling attention to themselves. The style the show is shot in (handheld cameras for the most part), the dark, grittiness of the setting, the music (western meets asian), it all adds up to an excellent whole.

But you want to know the number one reason you should buy it? I would dare say that in many ways I like the show even better than Stargate. And that's really saying something considering SG is the only TV show I will watch on a regular basis (at least while the new eps are on). The show is really that good. You would really be doing yourself a disservice NOT to watch it.

Comment

Awesome. The more Browncoats we get, the better. I'm still holding out for more Firefly in the possible future.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Trust us buy the DVDS. You'll be hooked in a matter of hours. I bought mine after hearing the buzz here on gateworld. When they arrived, I watched them constantly for 2 weeks straight. I just remember sitting there thinking, those idiots cancelled this.
              Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Well, I adore Firefly, but I would never advise that you buy a DVD set unseen. Unless you have an unlimited supply of cash. Tastes differ. Firefly fans could talk forever about its merits and you still may loathe it. No way to tell.

Best to view an episode or two in reruns first and get a taster.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  Well, I adore Firefly, but I would never advise that you buy a DVD set unseen.
                  i did.

Comment

i'd seen serenity before i bought my firefly boxset. im watching the film again now- still think its great

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Well, if your in the USA...Target has just put the box set on sale for $18.99.

AWESOME price. Lowest price I've ever seen it.
                      "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                      Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                      ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

It is one of the few TV shows we have on dvd that I can watch over and over and over and STILL see new things I missed. It's excellent and so is the film. Shame Fox didn't know a gem when they had it!
                        A star wars tale told from a different point of view.
                        Book 1: Daughter of the Empire
                        Book 2: Daughter of the Empire 2
                        ...This was Vader speak for "you can stop annoying me and go away now".

Comment

Originally posted by Merlyn
                          It is one of the few TV shows we have on dvd that I can watch over and over and over and STILL see new things I missed. It's excellent and so is the film. Shame Fox didn't know a gem when they had it!
                          I think that sums up my feelings on the show, and a lot of other people's too.

Comment

I don't need convincing anymore, I watched the first 2 episodes on the british sci fi channel and all I can say is, I'm convinced!
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The best is yet to come, glad you enjoyed it, oh, and happy 'versary to everyone!
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Indeed, happy 'versary!

Comment

Working...
                                X