Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could make a Firefly/Serenity spinoff, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could make a Firefly/Serenity spinoff, what would it be?

If you got to be in charge of creating a brand new Firefly and Serenity spinoff TV series, how would you make it? Be as funny or serious or silly as you like. For example...

"Are you the kinda guy who does bad things and then wonders why his life's full of people shooting at him and trying to steal his wallet? Well, that was me, until I decided to write a list of all the bad things I've ever done and with the help of my Captain, I'm gonna make up for them all. My name is Jayne."

Go nuts!

I think that they could easily do a movie or series based on Jayne. Plenty of comedy, and action. His character could lead to many possible eps...
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

"The amazing shadow puppeting adventures of Wash"
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I would have it based on a center planet and maybe have the whore be a side charater.

Comment

I'm definitely all for a Jayne spinoff. Of course, the comedic adventure series has never seemed to do very well with American audiences (how many have been cancelled?). I wouldn't mind seeing more of Mal either, but I guess that would basically be a Firefly reboot, so I suppose that's not really an option.

Comment

I don't think that any spin off would be good if it involved only one character from the series, they all worked so well together and it was really their interactions which created the comedy that you all speak of...
            If someone tried to recreate those kind of relationships we's all just cdompare them to the "good ol' days" and it couldn't turn out right..
            Urgo: I want to live, explore the Universe... and eat pie!
            O'neill: Doesn't everybody?

Comment

"Book and Inara: a story of forbidden love"

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

i think a spin off series about jayne would be great

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Malcolm and Zoe fighting through the war and becoming browncoats ...

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat #25
                    That sounds prett cool
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat #25
                      I reckon that'd be a good premise for an action-based Firefly video game - but that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                      X