X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    heya!

looking for info on the glasgow con.

and any chance of being able to pay at the door? won't get my money through for a few weeks
    If you're talking about Serenity 4 -> no tickets available at the door. Starfury only sells tickets up front and only tickets for the whole weekend.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

are there any left?

and any info on dates etc?
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

are there any left?

and any info on dates etc?
        You can check stuff out at Starfury and there's also a messageboard where Sean Harry (the man behind Starfury) puts his info.

Comment

Yay i'm going to London from Thursday - thursday staying in the thistle from fri - mon

I can't wait, i really want the Jewel - Ellia auto i can't wait

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck
            I can't wait, i really want the Jewel - Ellia auto i can't wait
            Already have that one. Morena-Adria is on my list now.

Hey, maybe we can meet up or something. On friday I'll be wearing my blue t-shirt saying 'Serenity' on the back, and 'We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty' on the front. If you can locate me, do come and say hi.
            Also possible that I'm wearing my Jayne-hat, but not sure about it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
              Already have that one. Morena-Adria is on my list now.

Hey, maybe we can meet up or something. On friday I'll be wearing my blue t-shirt saying 'Serenity' on the back, and 'We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty' on the front. If you can locate me, do come and say hi.
              Also possible that I'm wearing my Jayne-hat, but not sure about it yet.
              Yes defo was talking to Tan before on msn and i said i'd keep an eye out for her too so i shall prob see you both together

Not got a clue what i'm gona wear yet lol, need to get packing

XXX

Comment

heya!

looking for info on the glasgow con.

and any chance of being able to pay at the door? won't get my money through for a few weeks
                I understand it'll be in March (at the ?? quality central ?? hotel). Jewel and Sean are announced as guests. I think Christina Hendricks (Saffron/Yolande/Bridget) is too, and she's a great guest.

I've never been to a Starfury con that didn't sell out, so dunno if paying on the door will be an option. The tickets aren't on sale yet anyway.

Madeleine

Comment

Well, Serenity3 was fantastic.

Morena Baccarin remembered me and was really sweet. She'd come straight from filming, and she left early to get back to the startage set (cos she's filming today) but still managed to be perky and energetic and enthusiastic and to sign autographs for whoever wanted them. She opened her talk with "first of all, I know nothing about Wonder Woman" cos at the meet&greet that was the first thing on everyone's lips.

Mark Shepperd said that on his first day of shooting as Badger he got more grief from Joss than he normally gets for directors. It must have been noticeable, cos someone took him aside and told him that Badger was a part Joss had written for himself, but that Fox wouldn't let him play it... . Mark was very funny telling us about fiming the X-files ep 'fire', where his stunt-double was very enthusiastic about how easy it was to be set alight with the special clothes etc, but who had no eyebrows. Fun fact: Mark was a drummer for the Pogues (playing during the encores so that the regular drummer could slope off early to the pub) and was in another group that opened the Joshua Tree tour for U2.

Jewel has been offered a part in Atlantis - a human doctor. She knew nothing else about the part, she says she'll be finding out about it this week to decide. She told us that Joss has an idea for the Serenity sequel, and that it starts with something really awful and that the film is mostly flashback to explain how they get to that awful thing but she was shtum beyond that.

Sean Maher showed us his ear- and tongue- piercing holes. A lad asked Sean the "boxers/briefs" question. He was gobsmacked, poor thing. After that he answered 'boxers' to any difficult question that anyone else asked.

Nectar Rose (who played Mr Universe's 'wife') was overwhelmed, I think, she'd never done a con before, poor lass was in tears at the closing ceremony. Gigi Egely was great fun, but it took a while to reconcile this very pink person with the strange grey character she played on farscape . She had fun stories about that show. Her contact lenses were vertical slits, but kept rotating and freaking out Claudia Black. She had tunnel vision with her lenses, and Paul goddard as Stark had one eye covered, so the scene where the two of them fought was a bit of a 'mare, with them hitting things they weren't supposed to and knocking off another actor's prosthetics (who also didn't notice as he had funny lenses too.)

There was a music video competition (some excellent, one which will make a certain Electric Six song come into my head from now on whenever I see certain scenes ). There was the usual fab fancy dress competition; Ma Cobb wearing a hand-knitted hat - you know the kind, red/orange/yellow - and matching cardie; several Jack Sparrows; various serenity crewmembers; chiana complete with grey paint; the Fruity Oaty girls; and a Reaver Chef.

At the closing ceremony, Michael (eep! I forget his surname) did his Niska voice, and said that his first con had been so good that it almost made him want to stop torturing people. But not quite.

Madeleine

Comment

Don't forget Morena calling Michael Shanks Dr. Dork. And the story about the practical joke on Nathan with the potato and the car.

My con-report will follow in the next couple of days. I had fun, that's for sure!!

Comment

Did Jewel mention if this was for one episode or as a regular?
                      sigpic

Comment

Did Jewel mention if this was for one episode or as a regular?
                        From what I could gather, and beware at the meet & greet I was far gone (zoned out at so much beauty sitting across from me), I think she said it would be recurring.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                          From what I could gather, and beware at the meet & greet I was far gone (zoned out at so much beauty sitting across from me), I think she said it would be recurring.
                          Interesting to say the least. Its actually really gotten people worried.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                            Interesting to say the least. Its actually really gotten people worried.
                            Really? Why?

Madeleine

Comment

because of the

Spoiler:
                              Rumours that they kill off Carson in the last few S3 eps
                              sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Jewel in Atlantis.

Spoiler:
                                But I'd rather not see Carson go.

Comment

Working...
                                X