Favorite Serenity / Firefly one-liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    They're all mint, someone post some more coz I just read through all six pages and demand more.

MORE QUOTES, DAMN IT! lol
    MORE QUOTES, GORRAM IT!

Comment

"Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics - doesn't make sense."
      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
        "Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics - doesn't make sense."
        u made me lol
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

". . .So we'll integrate non-progressional evolutionary theory with God's creation of Eden. . . . Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. . . eleven is an important number, prime number, one goes into the house of eleven eleven times but always comes out one.

Noah's Ark is a problem."

Comment

Noah's ark is a problem was a good one
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Can't remember the exact quote, but River said something along the lines of "You're afraid you're going to suffocate. Don't worry you won't. You'll freeze to death first". There were also some awesome stuff in Chinese: (The Mandarin characters showed up as a bunch of question marks when I first tried to post it, so I've just put in the English translations)

[Translated from Mandarin Chinese]

"Pretty lady, hire me for the night and I'll open you like a flower..."

"You wanna bullet? You wanna bullet right through your throat?"
              Mal, to Simon after getting punched

I am very ashamed. I didn't eat a Fruity Oaty Bar.
              Guy in Fruity Oaty Bar commercial shown in Maidenhead tavern

"I neither see nor hear you..."
              [Beaumonde] Woman, in reply to man's proposition
              Know that there are two kinds of knowledge: the knowledge of the essence of a thing and the knowledge of its qualities. The essence of a thing is known through its qualities; otherwise, it is unknown and hidden.
              As our knowledge of things, even of created and limited things, is knowledge of their qualities and not of their essence, how is it possible to comprehend in its essence the Divine Reality, which is unlimited? ... Knowing God, therefore, means the comprehension and the knowledge of His attributes, and not of His Reality. This knowledge of the attributes is also proportioned to the capacity and power of man; it is not absolute --- Bahá'u'lláh

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2 View Post
                I concur...Oh, no...The censors turning into Runescape!!!

*Runs*
                GW: "Why hello there, pass the dictionary"
                RS: "Why ****o there, pass the ***tionary"

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                  MORE QUOTES, GORRAM IT!
                  Dude, there was only 15 episodes. Not much selection

Comment

From Out of Gas -

Jayne: Tell us where the stuff's at so I can shoot ya
                    Mal: Point of interest: Offering to shoot us don't work so well as an incentive as you might imagine

Comment

JAYNE: you wanna go little man?
                      WASH: only if its somewhere with candlelight!
                      sigpic

Comment

Simon: What, exactly, do you pay him for? (referring to Jayne)

Mal: Public relations.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire View Post
                          Simon: What, exactly, do you pay him for? (referring to Jayne)

Mal: Public relations.
                          what episode was that from?
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                            what episode was that from?
                            The pilot
                            "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Some of my faves from war stroies, sorry about any reposts

[The rescue team comes upon Mal struggling with his torturer.]
                              Zoë: This is something the Captain has to do for himself.
                              Mal: No! No, it's not!
                              Zoë: Oh.
                              [Zoë, Jayne and Wash shoot the torturer.]

Mal: I hear y'all took up arms in that little piece o' action back there. How're you faring with that, Doctor?
                              Simon: I don't know. I, uh… eh, I never… never shot anyone before.
                              Book: I was there, son. I'm fair sure you haven't shot anyone yet.

Zoë: [deadpan] Take me, sir. Take me hard.
                              Jayne: Now something about that is just downright unsettlin'.

[Book pulls out a rifle.]
                              Book: This should do.
                              Zoë: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
                              Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.
                              When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                              The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                              Spoiler:
                              MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                              Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                              MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                              Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                              AND
                              MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                              Me: Times it by that really big number!
                              MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                              Me: How should i know?
                              MBA: Its on the board
                              Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

MAL: We may experience some slight turbulance.....and then....explode.
                                JAYNE: We're gonna explode? Aw Mal, I dont wanna explode.
                                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                                X