Serenity (2005) Discussion Thread Contains All Manner of Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
    A Mal without a shirt scene! The coooooorrrrrs from the audience....
    Can't remember if our audience reacted similarly...
    But I do remember some whistles for the Simon/Kaylee scene at the end...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      Did you guys get the Serenity Coming Soon brochure...
      yep, I got both the A4 and A5 ones, but I gave the little one to my brother's girlfriend.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
      DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

A Mal without a shirt scene! The coooooorrrrrs from the audience....
        coooooorrrrrs?

Shame Jayne wasn't shirtless. Something to look forward to in the next one.

On Miranda, in that building, would a person's eyeball still be intact after 10 years? I would have thought it'd rotted away. Or did they explain there was some type of preservation going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          My this thread has grown.
          hehehe the posts are breading like rabbits....

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
          DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Didn't Summer do a terrific job in the fight scenes... I thought she was great...
            Especially the way she took down the Reavers at the end.

Phew... we're on page 3 already...

Eemo... you're pretty chatty tonight...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
              yep, I got both the A4 and A5 ones, but I gave the little one to my brother's girlfriend.
              I'll probably scan it and post it on the other Serenity thread. Tomorrow...
              sigpic

Comment

I have stacks of them if anyone wants one.

Comment

We also got a postcard. I have like four copies of those promo.

What other references from the series could you guys see?
                  - Slinky dress for Zoe (so sweet)
                  - The dinosaurs on Wash's (sob!) console
                  - When Mal is looking at the screens of all their hideouts, there was one for Whitefall, guess Patience is dead. And I think there were others named from the Serenity pilot.

Comment

Didn't Summer do a terrific job in the fight scenes... I thought she was great...
                    That was such a Buffy nod.

Eemo's resting before getting back to work.

Comment

We also got a postcard. I have like four copies of those promo.
                      There are postcards?

What other references from the series could you guys see?
                      - Slinky dress for Zoe (so sweet)
                      - The dinosaurs on Wash's (sob!) console
                      - When Mal is looking at the screens of all their hideouts, there was one for Whitefall, guess Patience is dead. And I think there were others named from the Serenity pilot.
                      I really liked the way the filler exposition was done at the start. And I don't think it contradicts Simon's version of events in the pilot.

Comment

coooooorrrrrs?

On Miranda, in that building, would a person's eyeball still be intact after 10 years? I would have thought it'd rotted away. Or did they explain there was some type of preservation going on.
                        Yeah, there was some line about it. Hermatically sealed inside or something.

Comment

coooooorrrrrs?

I think the people in the building were better preserved than the people outside... there was some reference made to it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really liked the way the filler exposition was done at the start. And I don't think it contradicts Simon's version of events in the pilot.
                            I liked the way they set it up as well... but hubs and I thought they changed Simon's account... Didn't Simon say that they brought her out in the cryogenic box to him?
                            sigpic

Comment

Terrific job. I liked how there was a real quality to it, none of the wirework that is now popular. There was a graceful quality to all the death work.

Indeed she is a creature of extraordinary grace. She trained for three months yes?

Comment

I liked the way they set it up as well... but hubs and I thought they changed Simon's recounting... Didn't Simon say that they brought her out in the cryogenic box to him?
                                He says that other people got her out but there's enough fan******y to say that he lied to them. He doesn't know these people and he tells them enough of the truth to let them in on it. Can you imagine what would have happened had he said he went into get her himself?

Comment

Working...
                                X