• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen it.
    *starts weeping* WHY Wash WHY
    The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
    Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
    Wash: It did seem to resemble-
    Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

As Joss said at the Melbourne Q&A, your reaction is why.

He's a manipulative b*stard that Whedon, god love him.
      Last edited by Shep'sSocks; 28 September 2005, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bioevilfan
        Just seen it.
        *starts weeping* WHY Wash WHY
        *weeps for Wash and Book*... Joss Whedon is an evil genius... "Curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal"

Did you see the dinosaurs and palm trees on the control panel at the end? A beautiful touch... "I float like a leaf... " *sob*
        Last edited by Easter Lily; 28 September 2005, 10:26 PM.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          *weeps for Wash and Book*... Joss Whedon is an evil genius... "Curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal"

"I float like a leaf... " *sob*

Did you see the dinosaurs and palm trees on the control panel at the end? A beautiful touch...
          An even more beautiful touch was when Mal flicked the switches; they were in the same order as how Wash did them.

"I'm a leaf on the wind!"
          "What does that mean?!"

Comment

"I float like a leaf... " *sob*

Did you see the dinosaurs and palm trees on the control panel at the end? A beautiful touch...
            Yeah it just wouldn't be the copit without them.
            I love the line "I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"
            Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

After tomorrow let's create a memorial thread for Wash and Book.

Comment

I think we need to wait for a lot longer than that... The show doesn't open in the UK and Europe until next week... Probably a month or two...
                If we put up a memorial thread too early, everyone will be up in arms... Maybe an appreciation thread would be better.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

So what were people's favourite moments in the film...
                  One of mine was Mal firing at a Reavers ship which in effect drew them into an "incident" with the Alliance... hehehe...
                  sigpic

Comment

hahaha, gotta love he fact that only the aussies are talking about this movie, yet screenings were done in the US.... funnier thing is we never even saw the show on primetime TV. had to watch the DVD's.

but yeah, saw it for the second time today. loved it.

my heart was racing when wash was about to die, becuase this time i knew it was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
                      hahaha, gotta love he fact that only the aussies are talking about this movie, yet screenings were done in the US.... funnier thing is we never even saw the show on primetime TV. had to watch the DVD's.

but yeah, saw it for the second time today. loved it.

my heart was racing when wash was about to die, becuase this time i knew it was coming.
                      We only had the show at a midnight timeslot so basically everyone has seen the DVDs. It has just started on cable with the pilot yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
                        Everytime he said "I'm a leaf on the wind..." I felt like crying... because I knew what was coming up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Everytime he said "I'm a leaf on the wind..." I felt like crying... because I knew what was coming up.
                          yeah, i've been thinking about that line non-stop since i saw the movie the first time.

and because we went dressed up the first time, we've been referring to the guy who went dressed as wash as a dead guy walking

i was thinking about screaming out no just before it happened, so that way everyone in the cinema looked at me, and missed the death.... but i'm not a prick.

Comment

I'm not sure why but I cried a lot more this time than I did the first time. Especially in that scene with Book and Mal... "Coming from you that means absolutely nothing." How many writers can make you laugh and cry in the same scene...? I also shed a few tears during that beautiful moving moment between Simon and River near the end... "You look after me Simon... now it's my turn" *sniff*
                            sigpic

Comment

Just got home the cinema was almost full which was cool...

And a got all teary over Wash... again, and Book this time too. 3rd time and it still doesn't hurt any less *snuffle*

I'm waiting a few days till I put some quotes from the film in my sig, I wanna make a 'Leaf of the Wind' one and a 'Dear Buddda...' one
                              I think maybe if I wait till Sunday it should be alright, spoiler wise.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                              DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Eemo, you're going to have to wait for the spoiler sig until after it opens in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X