Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Why would I ignore you? I thought it was funny

Didn't bother me. It wasn't John. So its not out of character.
    I don't want you to write small reviews because you think your English is bad. If you want to make them longer your English is fine. Look at SQ's rambling. They are common English words and her reviews are longer than all of ours. Now get to work on A Bug's Life

That is funny since I am the opposite

I usually am. Take note SQ

Now you know

I think he often clueless because of his solitude.
    @Jel.... Oh wow you thought something I did was funny? *faints*

You all do realize that I can read and understand big words right? I play dumb cuz it's funny and part of the silly internet act. FH your English is awesome and I appreciate your reviews, so just write them how you want. SO go ahead hit me!
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
      SO go ahead hit me!
      LOL -- I'll leave that to Jel.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        A Bug's Life

First, before I forget, PK Crichton sounded like a he felt constipated or something. Almost comical, yet irritating at best.

Anyhoodle...
        So we are unanimous. John's fake accent is terrible. It seems accents would be completely useless with translator microbes.
        In order to gain information the crew decides to pretend to be Peacekeepers again, transporting prisoners. Why oh why, would they lock Rygel in his cell when they know he has a secret escape route?! That boggled my mind, and especially since we know he attracts trouble. He's like the curious cat that gets killed, or in this case, frozen for study.
        I kind of point this out as well. The whole reason this plan doesn't work is because Rygel is too prideful and can't play along with the deception. Everything goes wrong because of his greed.
        And letting Chiana roam free when they have "special cargo" on board - COME ON!! That's asking for trouble. That story pretty much wrote itself.
        To be fair, Chiana is an unknown at this point.

The PK ship was leaking that blue stuff and I was surprised that Moya and Pilot didn't object in some way. I mean, the fumes couldn't have been very healthy to Moya's offspring, now could it? And yet, they allow Crichton to go ahead with his deception.
        I guess they really needed that info they were after.
        Its only cesium. I mean Moya is a spaceship. She and the baby come into contact much worse things in space. Solar radiation for one
        The creature inside the stasis pod was butt-ugly, and an intelligent virus... Okay. But a virus which produces spores... Okay, that requires some disbelief on my part.
        The whole story contradicts microbiology. As for the creature being butt ugly, I've seen RL pictures of you
        All goes well, until Chiana and Rygel team up and open the pod - cue: all hell breaks loose.
        The virus jumps free, tricks them, and goes around and around. They have to come up with a way to counter it, or detect it, and get rid of it.
        Those two often cause trouble. I'm think of a few S2 episodes. Notice they never did find a way to detect it. The virus basically announced itself when it was in the PK captain.
        It's like a music chairs with a virus instead of chairs. A violent, hellbent on destruction virus...
        I think I have seen this story before
        It killed the blonde and it stabbed Aeryn. Now that was a powerful and most awesome scene. One of my favorite moments in the episode. And when Aeryn is talking about piloting different ships and the reason she had to wait a few years before she could reach the paddles.
        I must be the only one who didn't think much of John killing the PK woman. It was just to move the plot and destroy the stun weapon
        Ignite the fuel -- convenient but okay. So, that's why they needed a leaking ship...
        Isn't most TV highly convient?
        And we learned there's a Gamma base in the area. What are PK's doing so far out in the uncharted territories? *dum dum dum dum*
        You should know. Its only the central plot to the show
        @Jel.... Oh wow you thought something I did was funny? *faints*
        It happens more than you think. I just don't mention it
        You all do realize that I can read and understand big words right? I play dumb cuz it's funny and part of the silly internet act. FH your English is awesome and I appreciate your reviews, so just write them how you want. SO go ahead hit me!
        Of course you can SQ. All praise to the Google. Agree on FH's reviews. I find FH's more like synopsis which I think makes it unique to other reviews I'll hit when you least expect it
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          LOL -- I'll leave that to Jel.
          With the big words; jel doesn't know big words.

Comment

With the big words; jel doesn't know big words.
            Who told who what collectivism meant?
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I knew what it meant.

Comment

That is not what your previous post said. Remember where you told me you have to look it up
                Jelgate is right

Comment

That is not what your previous post said. Remember where you told me you have to look it up
                  Goofy acting dumb stuff. I admit that sometimes I look words up to clarify meanings. I had a generalized knowledge of the word. Looked it up for clarification.

Comment

Fine. Do you want me to start listening scientific names for animals, plants, and microbes to show I know big words. I don't want to because I hated taxonomy class but I will
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Fine. Do you want me to start listening scientific names for animals, plants, and microbes to show I know big words. I don't want to because I hated taxonomy class but I will
                      *snort* calm down I'm joking. I know you know big words. As long as they are not more than 2 syllables.

Comment

Their are plenty of simple words that are more than 2 syllables.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Indeed. You do know I'm just messing around right?

Comment

I must be the only one who didn't think much of John killing the PK woman. It was just to move the plot and destroy the stun weapon
                            I should have been clearer there. The awesome scene I was referring to was Aeryn getting stabbed. The virus killing the blonde seemed like an obvious continuation of the story.

I find FH's more like synopsis which I think makes it unique to other reviews I'll hit when you least expect it
                            Well, at least something good came out of that film history / storyboarding class I took during my 3D course.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Nerve

Ok the dren has hit the fan now!

This is a very awesome episode because we get Scorpius ...and Stark and Crais ...OH MY!!

Also....we get the somewhat of a surprise reunion between Giliana and John. Note this time John is a little stand offish towards Giliana...not the friendly warm run up and hug and kiss reunion you'd expect based on their last encounter. Could it be that John has eyes and his heart for another? Hmmmm? I won't comment. But I think Giliana knows something is up when she realizes that John is risking his life to hold off his rescue for the sake of getting the tissue sample back to Aeryn.

Let me back up a moment though and talk a little about the boxing scene. Did anyone else get the Starbuck vibe from Aeryn on that scene? I had to giggle a little as Claudia is so petite I wonder if she almost broke her wrist doing those scenes LOL. She's not the rough and tumble type like Katee Sackhoff, but I think Claudia can reasonably hold her own.

I love how John persisted and kept pushing her until he got an answer. So guys take note...sometimes when a girl says everything is ok but they are beating the tar out of something...they are probably not ok. I loved in this ep how much D'argo cared and worked under her radar to help her. How he solicited help from Pilot and hooked Aeryn up to Moya to filter her blood or whatever...and what was with the Moya Contractions??? Are we having a baby in all this?

This is such an awesome culminating episode....It's amazing to see how far the team hass come and how important they are to one another. I loved the exchange between Crichton and Sparky with regard to saving Aeryn and Rygel more or less saying (even if took a little prompting from John) to do whatever they could to help Aeryn, even if it meant they face death. So, John and Chiana infiltrate the Peacekeeper base and I was loving Chi's constant philandering, of course John wasn't too amused.

And just when things were going so well...obtaining the tissue sample was the least of their issues, suddenly Crichton found himself for the first time in the Aurora Chair...DUN DUN DUN... I loved the flash back memories all crashing together...giving us little glimpses really of the whole season and Crichton's experiences all flooding together at once. Then here is when the crux of the whole series changes...enter the Worm hole knowledge that has been conveniently and secrely tucked away in Crichton's mind. Even John wasn't aware of it's existence. And if that wasn't enough, the Ancients placed a seemingly protective device aka the Neural block to keep those nasty brain busters from gaining access. Isn't that convenient? And you gotta love Crichton's "Crichtonisms" while he's in the chair...one quote coming from Cool Hand Luke, "I Got My Mind Right Boss".

Then to cool off he get's thrown in the cell with Stark. I just love this character and the whole My Side, Your Side, My Side, Your Side...and then John's horror when he asks is that what the chair did to you?

Meanwhile....Chiana finds a way off the base with the help of Giliana....not to mention she had to fry the commander dude Boy he got crispy quick didn't he?

So back on Moya they rescue Aeryn just in time as they had to remove her from the Moya filtering process since apparently Moya is in labor.

Round two in the chair for John and John is literally losing it...so tense and we have a moment of bickering between Crais and Scorpy...very crazy stand off....and then it goes black and we have a TO BE CONTINUED!

All in all this was a very exciting episode and I think pulled this series out of the fire. If they hadn't convinced the execs to give them another season this ep surely would've helped their cause.

Comment

Nerve
                                If FH gets giddy about the Chiana episode then I get giddy about this episode. Can a make get giddy? Well I said it so I am willing to accept the consquences. I love Scorpious. I loved him as our nemesis and our ally in S4. But I am getting ahead of myself. This our first multi-episode story, in that I mean this is the first episode we get a "TO BE CONTINUED" at the end of the episode. The problem is that a lot of times I have difficulty reviewing these episodes separate as they are designed to not show a full story. Luckily this episode and the next one has their separate stories with a little bridge (Cricheton being tortured) to connect the two. Let me just say I am not looking forward to reviewing the Princess trilogy. Where was I? Anyway the story is a simple one. Aeryn is dying. And John loves her so he risks his life to try to rescue her. I'm not trying to disservice the relationship. Even though I have squabbled with SQ about the John/Aeryn ship but at this point of the season it is clear John loves her. However I ask, don't you think John would risk his life for all these people. If D'Argo was dying, I think it would be the same. John would down to the Gammack base to save him. Speaking of the other I love how they are all shaken up about Aeryn dying. Its probably a theme to our S1 reviews but it once again shows how much this group has grown to respect one another. Especially the one that our enemies. Even the newcomer. Chiana says its because she wants to earn her keep. I don't buy that dren for a microt. She doesn't want to see Aeryn die either. But I am rambling. That is suppose to be SQ's thing. Really their is a sense of going through the motions on the first half of the episode. John lands on the planet and is able to magically pass a genetic scan thanks to Gilana who is able to get a tissue graft. I think we are just really trying to push the plot of the story to get to main part of the story. You guessed it. Its driving us to SCORPIOUS. The rest of the episode is really about torturing John through the Aurora chair. That may seem simplistic explanation but I loved it. I think it was blue who said that Crais is not that great of a villian for the Moya crew. She was right. That is why I always loved Scorpy. We can see in this episode his intelligence. His line of I long ago learned the value of patience always showed me how he was probably the most intelligent person there. That is what has always made Scorpy fun to foil with. He is smarter than the whole Moya crew and yet we have find a way to outsmart him. Remember the hidden scene I was mentioning in A Human Reaction? This was the one I was talking about. The scene when Jack the Lobster() puts the wormhole knowledge. It sets the whole story we love. Speaking of love, I will consent SQ that at this point John does not love Giliana. Although I found her conversation with Chiana a little strange. Because I feel this has little to do with love as I think John would have risked the Aurora chair for any of his Moya friends. It always seemed a little easy for Gilina to stage an alarm that allows Chiana to make it to her Prowler and burn that commander alive. I can buy she beat him in combat but Chiana's love of burning him alive freaked me out. I liked the Moya scenes about using the ship to filter Aeryn's toxins because of it shows D'Argo;s growing respect and we get a little foreshadow that someone is having a baby soon. Some may argue is filler to bring the episode to the required time but I liked it. I know we also get Stark in this episode. However even with the epic MY SIDE line their isn't much to say about him in this episode as he doesn't do much and at the moment all we see is that he may insane.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X