Farscape: Is it really worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lornefan View Post
    Yes, the show is worth getting. I am a bit of a newbie towards the show. I watched episodes off and on when it was on, but was always lost, but also, enjoyed it greatly. I finally decided this past September to just buy it with some money I got for my birthday and have not regretted it one bit. I have enjoyed all the episodes so far. I am just now to S3 and am glad I got it, although my wife calls it a weird show. I also see the rewatchability as well on the show and see it joining my rotation of a few shows that I watch an episode of daily.
    Yeah, weird in an amazingly awesome way.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here's my "take" on the "rewatchability" of the show:
      1st Season: A little uneven; but closes strong with the last 7 eps.

2nd Season: What happened??? The season opens with many consecutive "very average" eps. Season 2 doesn't really "get going" until the "Look at the Princess" Trilogy. Now, from that point forward, the Season *rocks*! So, whenever I rewatch the series, when I get to Season 2 I'll view the first ep and then skip ahead to the "Look at the Princess" trilogy.

3rd Season: My favorite season. Every episode is compelling!! The writers were on such a roll that all you could do for most of the season was just sit there slack-jawed and admire the work. This series transcended TV with this season.

4th Season: Like season 2, it starts out a little weak -- but not weak enough to justify skipping any eps. It ends, of course, in a rush. The back half of the season is close to Season 3 in quality.

Peacekeeper Wars: What can I say? Five stars all the way!!!

Comment

it might be a little crazy at times but honestly there is no show like farscape. For good or bad. (Goooood)

Comment

Working...
        X