Farscape: Is it really worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    IMO, Farscape is one of those shows you can rewatch over and over. I know I certainly have, countless times to be honest.

I am glad to hear that you may end up picking up the series. I do not think you will regret it for one second.
    I have been rewatching Farscape a few episodes every week. My next episode is probably the saddest one the show ever did. Wait for the Wheel.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

So on comparison in Re-watchability how does it Rate along with re-watching Stargate SG-1 or Babylon 5? [Or Even Deep Space Nine since I watch a DS9 Episode every day] so Farscape must have plenty of good story plots in the 5 season span.

Just soon I'll need something else to watch once I've nearly exhausted the entire DVD library watching these series I have over and over again....
      Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

It's only 4 seasons. The 2nd, 3rd, and back half of S4 are my most rewatched.

In comparison? Overall I'd say yeah they are fairly even. Granted I have probably actually watched Stargate SG-1 more (S1-6) because of it being on Syfy Channel. I've probably seen numerous eps over 25 times, conservatively. They are so rewatchable because they are fairly self-contained eps. Where as B5 eps are much more serialized. I'd say Farscape falls between those two but closer to B5 in terms of serialization vs. episodic.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

IMO, Farscape is every bit as re-watchable as Stargate SG-1.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            IMO, Farscape is every bit as re-watchable as Stargate SG-1.
            I second that.
            I can rewatch even Meltdown.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Third that. I can rewatch any and all of them.
              sigpic

Comment

So true. The good thing about Farscape is that you can rewatch any ep(if you want to )
                Though I still skip Jeremiah Crichton and the one with the bone cruncher girl(I can watch it. If I want to).
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I don't even need to read through the thread to say yes, it's worth owning on DVD and rewatching. I'm still trying to find the time to watch the Peace Keeper Wars. Before I attempt a rewatch. There were so many elements in each episode, I think you could watch them dozens of times and get something new out of it.
                  Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                    I don't even need to read through the thread to say yes, it's worth owning on DVD and rewatching. I'm still trying to find the time to watch the Peace Keeper Wars. Before I attempt a rewatch. There were so many elements in each episode, I think you could watch them dozens of times and get something new out of it.
                    That is so true. I have seen all of the episodes countless times, and sometimes I still gleam something new from some of the episodes.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Every John/Harvey ep never gets old.

Comment

I'll have to pick this up but I did put this show on the list for Christmas this year.
                        Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
                          I'll have to pick this up but I did put this show on the list for Christmas this year.
                          I hope you get it. Trust me, it would be a great Christmas gift indeed.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

"Is Farscape worth getting?" Hmmmm..........no.

Only joking; of course it is! (Unless you've already got it, perhaps.) Would anyone here realistically *not* recommend it?

This was kind of a pointless reply...sorry, I was feeling mischievous.
                            ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Comment

Is it worth getting?
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yes, the show is worth getting. I am a bit of a newbie towards the show. I watched episodes off and on when it was on, but was always lost, but also, enjoyed it greatly. I finally decided this past September to just buy it with some money I got for my birthday and have not regretted it one bit. I have enjoyed all the episodes so far. I am just now to S3 and am glad I got it, although my wife calls it a weird show. I also see the rewatchability as well on the show and see it joining my rotation of a few shows that I watch an episode of daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X