A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    I grew up with Darth Vader (and Jame Earl Jones deep voice) being the big bad guy.
    Here's your answer. You grew up with it. You liked it when you were young, so u have to like it now. I'm much younger. You could say I grew up with Back to the Future and Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
      Of course I'm lost here. Don't know what u r talking about. :LOL:
      There were 5 Trek series and 9 or 10 movies so I'll be the 1st to say you need to watch more than a few eps of one series to say you don't like all of it. The Trek series were different enough that you could like 1 without liking the others.

But to get back on the Farscape track (but on the same subject) - they do alot of pop culture tv/movie references that you are going to miss if you haven't watched much.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the movie Blazing Saddles (70's Mel Brooks comedy westerm) - Crichton's rif in the spaceship with Braca in Look at the princess part 2 was a take off of several scenes from that movie. I laughed so hard when he did that - one of the funniest bits in the whole series.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

There were 5 Trek series and 9 or 10 movies so I'll be the 1st to say you need to watch more than a few eps of one series to say you don't like all of it. The Trek series were different enough that you could like 1 without liking the others.

But to get back on the Farscape track (but on the same subject) - they do alot of pop culture tv/movie references that you are going to miss if you haven't watched much.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the movie Blazing Saddles (70's Mel Brooks comedy westerm) - Crichton's rif in the spaceship with Braca in Look at the princess part 2 was a take off of several scenes from that movie. I laughed so hard when he did that - one of the funniest bits in the whole series.
        Sci-fi is not really appreciated where I live, so sci-fi movies and shows rarely air on TV or satellite. I have to search for them myself and watch them on DVD or on the internet. So how would I know about that movie unless someone or something led me to it? I only found out about Farscape when I started searching and knowing more about Claudia Black and Ben Browder. It was mentioned somewhere that they had another show together, and I found it. First I thought it was a stupid show and I maintained that idea until I reached the seventh episode.

Comment

Sci-fi is not really appreciated where I live, so sci-fi movies and shows rarely air on TV or satellite. I have to search for them myself and watch them on DVD or on the internet.
          Sorry, didn't realize you weren't from the US. What country do you live in?
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

What country do you live in?
            Sorry, but I don't do that.

Comment

Episode(215)- Won't Get fooled Again
              -Comments:
              1- So John got himself a bodyguard!!! Good for him.
              2- From now on, I consider Scorpius awesome. He's not creepy as most of u think, but he's awesome... and brilliant.
              3- This episode was both confusing and funny.
              4- The Scarran looks better this time. Better than Cargn. Looks like they spent more time working on that one than they did with Cargn.
              5- I like how John thinks quickly under pressure. Wasn't fooled by Aeryn's stimulation and managed to kill the Scarran too.
              6- I loved the last scene.

Just one Question:
              Why did the stimulation of Aeryn do that thing with her tongue? Is that significant in anyway? Or is it just something for laughs?

Comment

Episode(216)- The Locket
                -Comments:
                1- I'm speechless. Seriously, my jaw dropped at the end of the episode. What was that!!!
                2- Finally another episode with lots and lots of thrill. I missed those type of episodes. Certainly one more added to my season 2 favorites. And who knows, this one could be my favorite of this season.
                3- How can I believe that Stark was there by luck in the right place and on the right time??!!!!
                4- Claudia Black was amazing while playing the role of an old lady, while Ben Browder wasn't. All I can give Ben Browder is a "meh".
                5- Finally more information about Jothee.
                6- Liked the idea of the mist.
                7- I respect Chiana for saying she won't change for them.
                8- One of the best scenes on the show so far... when we first saw Aeryn dead.
                9- Loved the Lethal Weapon reference. (He said shilt )
                10- This episode is somewhat "Unending"-ish.
                12- Awesome reverse starburst scene. What an outstanding ship!!!!
                -Questions:
                1- What does Unity have to do with remembering what happened? And How can Stark's mind overpower Zhaan's who has been practising this stuff all her life? What exactly happened the first time they performed Unity?
                2- Why was John's picture inside the locket shreded like that after they reversed time?
                3- Why did they stop during reverse starburst? And why didn't Zhaan and Stark stop too? They should have stopped too and shouldn't have been able to perform Unity coz of the inability to move.

Comment

Episode(217)- The Ugly Truth
                  -Comments:
                  1- The season is getting much much better. Too much trill. I like that.
                  2- Talyn certainly looks different. A dampening net won't be as cool as a cannon. Certainly he grew up and protecting his mother.
                  3- I hate that Talyn never stays.
                  4- WOW, D'Argo has really changed. I couldn't believe he did that to Stark. That's a checkpoint in his life.
                  5- Why don't they just go in Jothee's story!!!! I'm so excited about it.
                  6- IMO, Stark is definitely gonna be back. He'll even be in his energy form and he will be of more help to them. I know it and even if that doesn't happen, u have to admit the idea is good.
                  7- John is always joking even in the worst times.
                  -1 Question:
                  Why did Talyn run away if he was really protecting Moya?

Comment

Talyn ran for the same reason everyone didn't know the truth of what happened in that incident
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Episode(218)- A Clockwork Nebari
                      -Comments:
                      1- They should have a failsafe or something on Moya to protect her from being taken over.
                      2- Never thought Harvey would be more of a help than a way to drive him to insanity. It's starting to become important.
                      3- Definitely want more explanation as to how the life disk stopped working.
                      4- The procedure was awesome. Loved that scene. Too unreal coz eyes don't get out that much, but still awesome.
                      5- WOW. Chiana is really powerful.
                      6- Finally Rygel decides to help for a change. And he knows what to do. And he's having fun locking the others up.
                      7- Definitely want more of the Nebari stories.
                      8- "Since when do people like us get what they want"... Tragic quote at the end. They are reaching their edge.
                      9- A good episode, but it could have been better if more work was done on it.
                      10- Like the Crichton- Rygel Duo.
                      11- Amazing performance by Claudia Black this time. Terrible Ben Browder performance.

Aaaaand no questions this time.

Comment

I didn't think Ben was bad in either The Locket or A Clockwork Nebari. For once the old folks slowed down enough to be believable. That's usually the problem with oldster makeup, they look realistic but don't move in a realistic manner. That eye scene squicked me out though.

Jothee's story's going to be something else.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          I didn't think Ben was bad in either The Locket or A Clockwork Nebari. For once the old folks slowed down enough to be believable. That's usually the problem with oldster makeup, they look realistic but don't move in a realistic manner.
                          That has nothing to do with the performance. The make up good or bad, Browder still hasn't convinced that he's old. Because Black's performance as an old lady was outstanding, it made me forget about the fact that the make up was not good enough.
                          Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          That eye scene squicked me out though.
                          *evil grin*

Comment

No problem with the makeup either, very well done IMO. More importantly, though, both of them moved like old people do. Short shuffling steps, with a stoop. The only exception IMO was the end where OldCrichton had to run. They put the scene in slow mode but that didn't help.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've seen the first star wars movie. When Anakin was still young and in some kind of race at the beginning. It was a stupid movie made for kids, IMO of course
                              Well there's your problem. You watched the wrong one. Those are not the original Star Wars movies. Star Wars IV: A New Hope is the first one from the original trilogy.

Why did the stimulation of Aeryn do that thing with her tongue? Is that significant in anyway? Or is it just something for laughs?
                              On the commentary for that episode, CB or someone said she just threw that in there to be funny/weird just because she could do that.

Also as to the look of the Scarrans, there are several types of Scarrans throughout the series.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                                Well there's your problem. You watched the wrong one. Those are not the original Star Wars movies. Star Wars IV: A New Hope is the first one from the original trilogy.
                                OK, then I'll try my luck with the old ones and let's see what happens. I'm doing this to form a true opinion based on the right stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X