A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    So u're ready to reopen it and continue the discussion possibly with a new re-watch?

Are you sure you watched it? Not everything turns out happy at the end. They suffered a lot and lost many things. They don't get over it. They just learn to live with their loss.
    Well it's an open discussion so anyone can. I don't have the time to do anything like that myself but anyone can feel free to hijack the thread if they wish. I know I'll be reading if they did have a re-watch.

I know that is true. but it just never felt to me while watching it that it ever had the same gritty edge that Buff The Vampire Slayer had. I dunno how to describe it. Anyway I still enjoy it, don't get me wrong. There are some awesome moments in that show.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Well it's an open discussion so anyone can. I don't have the time to do anything like that myself but anyone can feel free to hijack the thread if they wish. I know I'll be reading if they did have a re-watch.
      A re-watch is not really fun when you're the only one doing it. I've tried it before.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      I know that is true. but it just never felt to me while watching it that it ever had the same gritty edge that Buff The Vampire Slayer had. I dunno how to describe it. Anyway I still enjoy it, don't get me wrong. There are some awesome moments in that show.
      You don't have to explain it. I understand. Of course I do. I watched the whole show 4 times.

Comment

So here it comes

Farscape- The Peacekeeper Wars (Part 2)
        -Comments:
        1- Sikozu was awesome when she blasted the door open.
        2- It was so funny when Rygel was crying and said he missed the baby.
        3- Crichton is obviously troubled. He doesn't know what's right and what's wrong or what he wants anymore. He feels he has a great responsibility bestowed upon him.
        4- Moya is very good in tight situations. She has the ability to make quick decisions.
        5- Looks like Aeryn could make a good mother.
        6- Suddenly Staleek is selfless and ready to give his position to Akhna??!!!!
        7- And they say Jothee is a good leader??? How can he when he left Noranti in charge!!!! LMAO
        8- I can't believe Aeryn is holding a weapon while giving birth and she went out continuing what she was doing after the birth was complete while holding the baby and even notice things like the footsteps on the ground..
        9- Chiana is gonna have a new career???? A mid wife???!!! This is really funny.
        10- No foetus can be reversed in position like Chiana did to Aeryn's. This is stupid. Who told her to do that.
        11- I've always thought something was off with Sikozu.
        12- That is the funniest, stupidest and strangest way of marriage I've ever seen, but it's not wrong.
        13- Jothee's ship sure looks like Talyn.
        14- Love sure makes miracles.
        15- I ROFL when Aeryn told Akhna that it's a boy in case she was wondering. She's not there to congratulate them.
        16- It seemed weird when Akhna(Bueller) was going to kill Chrichton (Browder). You all know what I mean.
        17- I can't believe John gave D'Argo Winona, but of course, it's the least he can do.
        18- D'Argo's words to everyone at the end were so good. Very very good.
        19- Can't believe this is happening. Chiana keeps losing close ones. How can she ever deal with it? This is gonna change her in every way possible. She might even become a warrior just like D'Argo.
        20- I can't believe they did this. Kill D'Argo???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        21- What made me accept D'Argo's death is his brilliant death scene. The best death scene I have ever seen.
        22- Moya's rising scene was awesome.
        23- They have grown to trust Rygel. Even Rygel has become trustworthy. He's definitely changed. If he hasn't, he would have been somewhere far by then, but he stayed with them. That's gotta count.
        24- LOL Rygel thinks the baby has his nose.
        25- Choice... through life we face situations where we have to make choices. They're simple in a way, but they're not. Everything depends on them. Will you ever regret making them? Make a choice, but don't forget it has consequences. Either it's the right one or you suffer for the rest of your life for making that choice and living with regret and blame. But sooner or later you have to make one even if you fear that.
        26- I thought about the scene where Rygel said to John, 'What have you done?', if I were in John's position, I would have done more than shout in Rygel's and Chiana's face. This scene could have been much better if made as I say.
        27-
        28- I liked Crichton words 'People make peace'
        29- After all those years, Scorpy just simply says it's insane????!!!!!! He IS insane.
        30- Babies saved the day.
        31- Somehow, I feel like that truce is not gonna prevent them from going into war again.
        32- So Stark finally did it. I don't see how John can be related.
        33- For some reason I felt sad for Harvey. Sad that he's leaving forever.
        34- D'Argo Sun-Crichton. I like that name. It has a good sound.
        35- The scene at the end when zooming away from Moya was so touching. I actually cried at the end.
        36- Were there a season 5, I think it would have dealed with people trying to kidnap young D to try to find out about his powers.
        Performances:
        1- Anthony Simcoe was very very good.
        2- Wayne Pygram was also good.
        3- Gigi Edgley, I'll give her an OK.
        4- Claudia Black... the best.
        5- Surprisingly, Ben Browder was so good. I liked that he fixed himself for all that time.
        6- Paul Goddard... brilliant.
        7- Ralee Hill... good.
        8- Rebecca Riggs...excellent... comes second after Caudia Black.
        -Questions:
        1 - How can water penetrate Moya? If water is penetrating her, then there's a hull breach and if there is, then oxygen will be flushed out into space and they won't survive, but nothing like that happened, so how can water penetrate Moya?
        2- Is it just me or does Akhna look exactly like Nefirtiti? I've just noticed this. Is this intentional?
        3- How did Scorpy find out that Sikozu is a spy and how long has she been so?
        4- Crichton said '20 seconds later' not microts. Has anyone noticed that? This must be a mistake.
        5- Where is Noranti and Sikozu? Are they dead? They were down on the planet, right?

Note:-
        So It's over?
        I can't believe this. Like I said before, it felt like ages ago, I started watching this show. It has in fact been about a month and a half. I don't like it when series end. I know they have to sooner or later, but I don't like it.
        I felt just as sad as I did when SG1 and Charmed were over and I get the same feeling every time I have a re-watch. It never gets old.
        I know that for me this is the end. I have no way of getting the comics and I'm not a fan of comics anyway, so no more Farscape. WHY!!!!!!
        I guess I just have to accept it.
        In a few days, the SG re-watch will begin, but I still wanna watch another show simultaneously and I want it to be one I like and one that has a sub forum here on GWF, so that I can discuss it just like I did with this show.
        Thank you so much for the awesome ride. You all made it so. I wanna do it over and over and over again.
        I wanna start a re-watch, but I won't do it in the meantime and when I do it, I wanna make full professional reviews, not just like the ones I did during this watch.
        So which shows do u recommend now?

Sorry for the very long post

EDIT: Something was wrong with the post in addition to the word that was removed. I fixed all. Sorry, but I didn't know it was that offensive. I've always considered that what's said on the show is allowed here. I'm sorry for this. It's also that I don't know a lot about different cultures, so I didn't know it was that offensive. Forgive me everyone.
        Last edited by Kilgharrah; 21 July 2011, 04:14 AM.

Comment

having just finished watching farscape myself (for the first time), i know exactly how you feel. i too am not a really a comic fan and have no idea where to get them.

i cried when d'argo died . that being said he had an awesome death, went out fighting like a warrior would. i was also so touched how they showed how it effected the characters differently. the part that got me the most was pilot's reaction when he found out .
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            the part that got me the most was pilot's reaction when he found out .
            What made it the best is that Chi was acting as if everyone knew about it. They forgot about Pilot and Moya. It wasn't intentional. She was talking about it as a fact. That's what made the shock huge. I felt what Pilot and Moya felt.

Comment

having just finished watching farscape myself (for the first time), i know exactly how you feel. i too am not a really a comic fan and have no idea where to get them.

i cried when d'argo died . that being said he had an awesome death, went out fighting like a warrior would. i was also so touched how they showed how it effected the characters differently. the part that got me the most was pilot's reaction when he found out .
              I love this exchange

John: You're the closest friend I have.
              D'Argo: You could have done better.
              John: Not in the entire universe.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I love this exchange

Of course I liked that one. The miniseries is filled with many good one like that one.
                My favorite is this one:
                D'Argo: Do me a favor.
                John: Name it.
                D'Argo: Chiana
                John: I'll look after her. I'll take care, nothing's gonna happen to her.
                D'Argo: Go away. I want to speak to Chiana.

EDIT: so no one recommended a show for me to watch that is both good and has a sub-forum here.
                Last edited by Kilgharrah; 21 July 2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I'd recommend Battlestar Galactica (the new one). It has a sub forum here on GW. I love BSG. And also Supernatural which I love. I've watched both of those several times so I could join in on discussions for both.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

I was sad about D'Argo too, obviously, but maybe not so much as to feel like crying since it was almost the end. I would probably been more upset if there was, say, another series or more without him.
                    I agree about his death scene though - went out with guns blazing!
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I love this exchange

that was a great part too!

how about the 4400?
                      sigpic

Comment

that was a great part too!

how about the 4400?
                        What do u mean?

Comment

What do u mean?
                          as another sci-fi show to watch.

its about 4400 people who have disappeared over last 60 years or so who suddenly reappear in a ball of light. none have a memory of what happened to them and they look the same as they did when they disappeared. it was on USA and lasted 4 seasons. and one of my favorite shows.
                          sigpic

Comment

as another sci-fi show to watch.

its about 4400 people who have disappeared over last 60 years or so who suddenly reappear in a ball of light. none have a memory of what happened to them and they look the same as they did when they disappeared. it was on USA and lasted 4 seasons. and one of my favorite shows.
                            LOL. I thought it was a reference. A similarity between the 2 shows and I don't see any.
                            I know the 4400. I watched it all.

Comment

LOL. I thought it was a reference. A similarity between the 2 shows and I don't see any.
                              I know the 4400. I watched it all.
                              oh ok lol. nvm then, its a great show though
                              sigpic

Comment

Today I took a look at the DVD store other than just searching on their website and I found more than what was on the website. I mean it wasn't just TOS.
                                I found SGA seasons 2-5 (If only there was SG1, I would have bought it right away)
                                I also found Supernatural season 1 and Ghost Whisperer seasons 1-3.
                                That's all the sci-fi I found.

@blueray, Bit of a nasty shock when I found out.

Comment

Working...
                                X