A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post

TOS season 1. Bit of a nasty shock when I found out.
    okay read that with Seamus accent (harry potter).

season 4 definetly was my favorite season. the episodes just kept getting better and better, and so was the peace keep wars.

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post

I've never tried watching Charmed but might have to check it out, although I wouldn't really call that sci-fi any more than Supernatural. I rather like Supernatural but demons and monsters and such like is more fantasy than sci-fi in my little brainbox. Not that they're mutually exclusive, Sanctuary for example has elements of both I'd say
    if you like supernatural then you'll like charmed. its more about the 3 sisters and their relationships with each other. then them being witches. one of my favorite shows (favorite one when it was on). its 8 seasons, though the last season definitely was the worst by far.
    Last edited by blueray; 19 July 2011, 02:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      okay read that with Seamus accent (harry potter).
      Where do u think I got it from. English is nt my mother tongue, so u'll notice that most of the idioms and expressions I use are from movies or TV shows. Besides, I'm a big fan of all kinds of quotes.
      The first movie was my favorite. It's the one where he says that.
      season 4 definetly was my favorite season. the episodes just kept getting better and better, and so was the peace keep wars.
      It's not one of my favorites. I only like the Earth episodes, the "We're So Screwed" trilogy and the finale.
      Still gonna watch PK wars.
      Season 3 is my favorite.

if you like supernatural then you'll like charmed. its more about the 3 sisters and their relationships with each other. then them being witches. one of my favorite shows (favorite one when it was on). its 8 seasons, though the last season definitely was the worst by far.
      Finally someone who likes Charmed. Someone that Charmed is one of their favorite shows.
      Just as SG is my favorite sci-fi show, Charmed is my favorite supernatural show. I was really surprised when I found no category for it here and not even a topic.
      I agree season 8 was the worst, but I like Kaley Cuoco. I really miss Charmed and I have no way of getting the comics.

Comment

Season 3 is my favorite.
        That's mine as well.

It would take me forever to pick favorite scenes from Farscape. There are so many!

Finally someone who likes Charmed. Someone that Charmed is one of their favorite shows.
        Just as SG is my favorite sci-fi show, Charmed is my favorite supernatural show. I was really surprised when I found no category for it here and not even a topic.
        I agree season 8 was the worst, but I like Kaley Cuoco. I really miss Charmed and I have no way of getting the comics.
        I like Charmed as well. I've watched pretty much all of it except for most of the last season.

GateWorld has a thread but they can be hard to find with the wonky search engine here.

Here's a Charmed thread with a number of replies even though it hasn't been posted in in a couple of years.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Episode(421)-Bad Timing-----The FINALE
          -Comments:
          1- Can't believe I'm at the end.
          2- I'm sooooooooo sad. I was about to cry at the end. Especially with D'Argo crying and Chiana standing there helpless and she doesn't understand anything. Somebody help me. I don't wanna cry about this. "I'm too old for this dren".
          3- I have to admit. Anthony Simcoe's performance on this episode was outstanding. Same goes for the Pilot and Aeryn.
          4- I can't believe they cancelled this awesome show. Why did I watch it!!!! If I hadn't, I wouldn't have felt that sad.
          5- This is the most gigantic cliffhanger I have ever seen. Seriously what if there was no PK wars miniseries!!!!! Open endings are only good in books.
          6- The call from the moon scene was awesome. When in John's position, anyone could forget all about Pilot. He was dying and John was seizing the moment.
          7- I can't believe Pilot did this. He vowed not to get separated from Moya ever again.
          8- Stark has definitely changed. I hate what he has become. I'm upset that when we finally see him again, he turns out to be like that. And why did they ignore all about his search. He said he's gonna go look for Zhaan's voice.
          9- Exactly like Daniel did. As Daniel told the Ori about Earth, Crichton told the Scarrans.
          10- Extended Starburst? FTL? Hyperdrive?
          11- That scene when Pilot was being cut from Moya. It was horrible. I felt his agony. All those screams. That's why I like Pilot. Even though he's a puppet, he managed to make me care. Same goes for Rygel. Lani Tupu and Jonathan Hardy are the best.
          12- All those sufferings Chaina has gone through. Now she lost her eyes. This is terrible.
          13- Moya looked so good in the sea.
          14- I liked the scene where Chiana, D'Argo and Rygel were trying to figure out what John and Aeryn were doing.
          15- seriously, bad timing. It's always the keyword in this show. None of them has the chance to live a moment's peace, but they're here for each other.
          16- Who are those people!!!!

-General Comments:
          1- The intros. The words of the intros. They were just words at the beginning. Now they have a great meaning. I've grown to like them. Even get addicted to them. I do miss season 1 intro.
          2- It feels like I started this show ages ago. I know it's been a month or something, but why do I feel it's like ages? I feel like they were really 4 years. So weird.
          3- Why do I feel like this is the end??? I know there's still PK wars, but I still have this feeling. I'm really really sad.
          4- Chiana really suffered a lot. First due to the way the Nebari treated her and her brother, then taken away from her brother, then she goes blind. Only D'Argo can help her live with that.
          5- D'Argo suffered too. First, he lost his wife, then his son, then taken to prison, then lost his son again and betrayed by his girlfriend. And Chiana is there for him now.
          6- John taken away from his family and getting enemies and burdened with wormhole information and lost Aeryn more than once. And Aeryn helps him go through it.
          7- Aeryn suffered in her childhood and had a rocky relationship with her parents then marked for death and again, John helps her go through it.
          8- Moya and pilot suffered the most. But they have each other and help each other live with it.
          9- Rygel has nobody and he suffered too. He might have been the one that lost the most.
          10- Noranti is so quiet, but I know she suffered too.
          11- Stark lost many things including the love of his life and has nobody.
          12- My point, They've grown attached to each other, and it would have been a living hell for them if they weren't the family they are. The one that Zhaan made and then left and that left a huge emptiness in it which is her place.
          13- I wanna watch this show again and again and again. I can't get enough.
          14- I was thinking of rewatching it and making full reviews for the episodes, then at the end of each season, one for the whole season and same at the end of the series for the whole show.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            I like Charmed as well. I've watched pretty much all of it except for most of the last season.

GateWorld has a thread but they can be hard to find with the wonky search engine here.

Here's a Charmed thread with a number of replies even though it hasn't been posted in in a couple of years.
            This makes me even sadder. It's like something is there, but you can't reach it. It's like people have lost interest. My post would seem pointless there.
            What if we, Charmed fans on GateWorld started a Charmed re-watch after the SG re-watch is over?

Again I regret being late on joining GWF

Comment

That's mine as well.

It would take me forever to pick favorite scenes from Farscape. There are so many!

Hey I remember starting that thread not long after I started posting on Gateworld. Completely forgot about it.

Although I'm forced to disagree with an earlier comment that if you like Supernatural you'll like charmed.
              I mean I like both but for two completely seperate reasons. While the subject matter is both demons and such like that they have very different tones. Charmed has a sort of innocent happy go lucky feeling about it where everything eventually turns out ok in the end where as supernatural is very cold and hard.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Hey I remember starting that thread not long after I started posting on Gateworld. Completely forgot about it.
                So u're ready to reopen it and continue the discussion possibly with a new re-watch?

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                ...Charmed has a sort of innocent happy go lucky feeling about it where everything eventually turns out ok in the end...
                Are you sure you watched it? Not everything turns out happy at the end. They suffered a lot and lost many things. They don't get over it. They just learn to live with their loss.

Comment

i definetly agree for the most part with what you said about bad timing.

i love the part where john says goodbye to his father on the moon (to the point were i rewound it). and of course the part where they were trying to figure out why john was on one knee. then there was the last minute or so. my thought was "that did not just happen".

and yeah all the characters have suffered a lot, but it made them a lot closer! and i was like go pilot when he got to save the day away from moya. i can't wait to read what you have to say about the pkw

as for charmed, yeah that show at first may seem like they get happy endings, but they really don't especially at the end of season 3.
                  sigpic

Comment

Are you able to watch Peacekeepers Wars when you want?
                    The first time I watched Farscape, the ending of Bad Timing was killing me because I didn't have access to PK Wars for ages!
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                      Are you able to watch Peacekeepers Wars when you want?
                      The first time I watched Farscape, the ending of Bad Timing was killing me because I didn't have access to PK Wars for ages!
                      I couldn't find links for it. I haven't given up the search yet. I know I can find something.

Comment

I couldn't find links for it. I haven't given up the search yet. I know I can find something.
                        do you have netflix's?

i watched it on there, they have it on instant play. but i had to get PKW sent to me since that isn't on instant play but its on dvd.
                        sigpic

Comment

do you have netflix's?
                          nope

Comment

Faster than I thought.

Farscape- The Peacekeeper Wars (Part 1)
                            -Comments:
                            1- It’s kind of a good start.
                            2- Aeryn’s words at the beginning were so good. So moving.
                            3- Noranti looks funny at first, but her look is restored later to the one we know.
                            4- The scene with Rygel at the sea bed swallowing the crystals had weak graphics.
                            5- Chiana’s eyes look awesome.
                            6- Sikozu looks hot with that hair.
                            7- I liked the way John tells his story.
                            8- A pregnant Grayza??!!! The child??? Perhaps that’s where the child really is and Rygel is having stomach problems. But she still looks good even though she’s pregnant.
                            9- The powers of the Eidelons is the same as the Ark of Truth.
                            10- What a shield!!!! Doesn’t he ever die when shot? (Scorpy)
                            11- Moya’s suffering goes on and on.
                            12- They’re gonna have a baby so soon amidst all those wars.
                            13- I liked the conversation between Aeryn and Sikozu about the inferiority and superiority of their boyfriends.
                            14- The scene of the temple destruction was horrible and Stark whining made it even more touching.
                            15- Are Jool and the priests dead??!!!! I have to know. (Don’t answer that of course)
                            16- WHOA!!!! I can’t believe Staleek broke Scorpy’s cooling device.
                            17- I couldn’t believe Akhna actually destroyed Lo’Laa. I loved that ship.
                            18- I thought of this, ‘If the Ancients are that strong, why don’t they help stop the war?’, but then I thought again, there would be no Farscape if they had helped. It would be over so quickly.
                            19- I liked Yondalao’s words to Staleek.
                            20- Oh no. Akhna ruins everything.
                            21- Has anyone noticed Pilot’s new voice? I hate it. I preferred the original voice. The new one is so close to Lani Tupu’s. Same goes for Aeryn, but I like her deeper voice.
                            22- Overall, this part was very good and full of suspense and thrill, but not comedy, as Rygel wasn’t really in a position for that.
                            -Questions:
                            1- That primitive species that Eidolons used to make Peacekeepers, are those humans? Hey were changed into Sebaceans?
                            2- Why does Akhna want Rygel dead?
                            3- What’s wrong with Jothee? Why does he look different?
                            4- Why didn’t Stark want to cross Yandolao over?
                            5- After Chiana’s eyes were changed, can she still slow time and see future?
                            6- How could Grayza get pregnant and have a huge belly like that in just 60 solar day? (Unless it’s John and Aeryn’s child transferred somehow.
                            7- Am I the only one that considered things rushed in this part?
                            Last edited by Kilgharrah; 20 July 2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

1. If I remember right that was what was supposed to be implied...that peacekeepers were modified humans.

3. Different make-up/prosthetics. Plus he showed up in military garb rather than civilian clothes and he wasn't a whiny brat. Since they had basically closed up shop when the show ended, they had to rebuild all the sets, etc. for PKW. Oh and I didn't like how they did Pilot's voice either.

7. No. That is one of the main flaws I have with PKW. It was rushed. I understand why, with having to try to cram so much story into 4 episodes, but it did take away from the quality Farscape feel, imo. I enjoy PKW and am grateful that it was able to be produced, but I do have problems with it.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

1. If I remember right that was what was supposed to be implied...that peacekeepers were modified humans.
                                They are not so different.

Comment

Working...
                                X