A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't recall an answer to 1, but...
    2 - They're looking for a planet where they can 'plant' her, to try to make her healthy again. Remember, she's part plant. What's happening to her head is part of her degrading health.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
      2 - They're looking for a planet where they can 'plant' her, to try to make her healthy again. Remember, she's part plant. What's happening to her head is part of her degrading health.
      HAHA that's the funniest thing I've heard today. This really made my day. Thanks, Jae'a

Comment

There is one place in Moya that's private, and it's coming up real soon now.

Jothee using his father's first name sounds reasonable to me. D'Argo is presumably his name too (although we never hear it so I may be wrong) and he's never been long enough with his son for Jothee to call him dad.
        sigpic

Comment

^ His full name is Ka D'Argo. The 'Ka' part is a family thing - Jothee's full name is Ka Jothee.

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
          Do u trust eBay? I don't. I heard of scams hat happened there. As for Amazon, I don't know why I haven't thought of that.
          I forgot to reply to this.
          If you're careful on eBay, there shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure that if you're buying DVDs, they are the right region for your country.
          And I wouldn't buy anything that is supposedly autographed. A friend of my sister's got scammed with a fake autograph of Def Leppard's frontman... I know there are many more genuine ones, but I'm not taking the chance...
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Episode(302)- Suns and Lovers
            -Comments:
            1- Nice episode with lots of laughs and other feelings.
            2- OMG Rygel is so funny and genius. Liked the scene when he told Chiana he knew. Laughed a lot.
            3- so it took Crichton just 2 years to be known in this area.
            4- I like how D'Argo handled the betrayal revelation on the spot. If I were him I would have done much worse. Of course he exaggerated when he wanted to die. No woman is worth that.
            5- I liked Pilot's laugh when he sent Borlik out in the space.
            6- Isn't there ANY private place on Moya??!!! Everywhere can be seen by a camera.
            7- Jothee uses D'Argo's first name???!!! That's weird.
            -Questions:
            1- I fail to believe that Moordil waited just till Aeryn needed him and then he died. He was ok. Why did he die?
            2- Why does Zhaan need a planet for? Stark keeps telling her they'll find a planet for her. And what's going on one her head? What is it and what does it have to do with dying?
            For anyone who needs a reminder of how awesome Pilot's manic laughter is:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT2rLVlPCAc
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Jothee using his father's first name sounds reasonable to me. D'Argo is presumably his name too (although we never hear it so I may be wrong) and he's never been long enough with his son for Jothee to call him dad.
              IMO, it's never reasonable to call your father by his first name. It just seems unnatural to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                If you're careful on eBay, there shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure that if you're buying DVDs, they are the right region for your country.
                And I wouldn't buy anything that is supposedly autographed. A friend of my sister's got scammed with a fake autograph of Def Leppard's frontman... I know there are many more genuine ones, but I'm not taking the chance...
                Will you be surprised when I tell you there is nothing for my region???
                Well I guess I have to do it the hard way. I know I won't find it in the shops in here, but I'll try everywhere, but not sure.

Comment

Will you be surprised when I tell you there is nothing for my region???
                  Well I guess I have to do it the hard way. I know I won't find it in the shops in here, but I'll try everywhere, but not sure.
                  I know they were released for Regions 1, 2, 4. Not sure about the rest. Although at least one release of Region 4 didn't have most of the commentaries. Maybe try the dvd player route and try to find a region free dvd player.

"Wait for the Wheel" is the subtittle to the ep Self-Inflicted Wounds Part 2
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                    I know they were released for Regions 1, 2, 4. Not sure about the rest. Although at least one release of Region 4 didn't have most of the commentaries. Maybe try the dvd player route and try to find a region free dvd player.
                    I'm officially lost. What are those regions? I don't understand. Are u talking regions of the US???
                    DVD player? Who said I wanted a player??

Comment

DVDs are divided into regions when it comes to releasing them. Region 1 is North America. Region 2 is Europe and Region 4 is Australia and New Zeeland
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm officially lost. What are those regions? I don't understand. Are u talking regions of the US???
                        DVD player? Who said I wanted a player??
                        Oh, you mean buying a dvd from the region where you physically live. Can't remember the last time I bought a dvd from an actual store. I usually buy them from Amazon.com, seems to be the cheapest.

But if you bought a dvd player from a physical store in your area then it is probably region specific. If the dvd is not the same region as the player then it won't play (or it will play and you won't get a viewable picture).
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          DVDs are divided into regions when it comes to releasing them. Region 1 is North America. Region 2 is Europe and Region 4 is Australia and New Zeeland
                          What if I don't live in any of these regions?

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          Oh, you mean buying a dvd from the region where you physically live. Can't remember the last time I bought a dvd from an actual store. I usually buy them from Amazon.com, seems to be the cheapest.

But if you bought a dvd player from a physical store in your area then it is probably region specific. If the dvd is not the same region as the player then it won't play (or it will play and you won't get a viewable picture).
                          I never buy them online coz I don't trust this. Like maybe my Credit card password could be discovered by the workers.
                          I remember once I bought a DVD player and it didn't work. It couldn't play the DVD, so I had to change it. The new one worked fine. One other thing, some DVD players can't play DVD copies. But we get past that.

Comment

Episode(303)- Self Inflicted Wounds(1): Could'a, Wou'd'a, Should'a
                            -Comments:
                            1- That is a crowded episode. Too many people. That's the only thing I didn't like in that episode. That and the idea of that serpent.
                            2- I like the new start. It feels that way, we're past scorpius, meeting new species and there are new conflicts which feel unsolvable. Getting more into wormholes.
                            3- The idea of the serpent is so stupid.
                            4- Like how D'Argo still cares about Chiana and treats her like a friend. He's a good guy.
                            5- It feels odd that they happened to come across a wormhole by accident. I feel like it wasn't an accident.
                            6- So bad for Moya what happened. Can't believe they're actually considering leaving Moya. Zhaan is beginning to fail in her role to protect Moya. Where's Kahaynu when u need him!!!!
                            7- I do like Stark but he could never replace Zhaan. How could Zhaan even think of this. I don't want Zhaan to die. I don't know what the show will be like without her. If she's dead. I might not continue watching the show.
                            8- I don't understand what does that ship with the forcefield have to do with the plot of this episode!!! Unless it's gonna have a use on the second part.
                            -Questions:
                            1- (stargate related) Are wormholes similar to the other dimension they enter when activating hyperdrive?
                            2- Why does one ship has to die? I thought one goes into the wormhole and the other into space. Why would one die?
                            3- How did the camera get those close pictures? They are getting these pictures from space and from inside a wormhole. How can they be so close and clear? And what does the picture od "The Three Stooges" have to do with anything?

Comment

1. Think of a wormhole as a tunnel from 1 point in space-time to another. In the Farscape universe they are inherently unstable, it's only by fluke / fate that the design of John's module allows it to survive the passage through a wormhole that kickstarts the show. Traversing them is extremely dangerous.
                              2. Informed by answer 1, being in a wormhole is not a nice place for a ship to be. Particularly a damaged ship and particularly when thrown into an uncontrolled trajectory. Thus destruction.
                              3. I can't really answer that one (not seen this episode in some time) except to say that the border / wall of the wormhole is the dangerous part so being just outside the ship a camera or drone etc may be able to function just as it would in the vacuum of space.

On your point about Zahn maybe dying and stopping watching the show.. without spoiling all I'll say is Farscape does not fall away and you should stick with it no matter what happens. It builds, remains excellent and most of all unpredictable
                              "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                                3. I can't really answer that one (not seen this episode in some time) except to say that the border / wall of the wormhole is the dangerous part so being just outside the ship a camera or drone etc may be able to function just as it would in the vacuum of space.
                                That's not what I meant. What I wanted to say is that the pictures look like you are standing in front of these people and taking the picture when u r in reality so far in space.

Comment

Working...
                                X