No announcement yet.

My journey through Farscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main gripe is that because the DVDs don't have any subtitles for the hearing-impaired.
    Especially if you can't understand Australian accents. Then you're screwed!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Luckily accents aren't a problem, as long as the actors don't mumble.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm watching this from a set of European DVDs, where the episode order is different from the IMDB listing.

Second episode was Throne for a loss. Loved it, even if Rygel annoyed me in this one. The gauntlet was rather awesome, though.
        sigpic

Comment

It was some production issue about disagreeing the correct order. Overall the S1 order doesn't matter until you get to A Bug's Life
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Fair enough. Hmmm... I hope the bugs cooperate and the episodes are in the correct order.
            sigpic

Comment

Back and back and back to the future was great! I loved the flashforwards, very well done story. Hard to tell the difference between flashforward and real time occasionally...
              sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit surprised to hear some Stargate fans having issues with the puppets. Rygel and Pilot are much better than the Asgard, and I don't hear Stargate fans complaining about them.

There are definitely some clunkers in Season 1, but also some of the shows best episodes imo.
                Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Back and back and back to the future was great! I loved the flashforwards, very well done story. Hard to tell the difference between flashforward and real time occasionally...
                  Yeah, that was a pretty good episode. It has been quite awhile since I've seen that one. I should watch it sometime soon.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I liked that episode too. Especially Aeryn's "I shall find out what species you are by fighting you."
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

And she did! Pretty devious. I must say that I much prefer Aeryn over Vala, even though both are strong, possibly somewhat troubled women. Aeryn just hides it better. Overall, so far I think the aliens are all really cool, and different enough from humans to be believable.

The blue woman with the unpronounceable name is really cool, can't wait to find out more about her. I love the Pilot and Ka D'Argo is just alien enough to be scary. The only one I find myself not liking much is Rygel, but it's nothing to do with him being a puppet, I just don't like the guy!
                      sigpic

Comment

Not liking Rygel is common. A lot of people don't like him although he gets better as the show moves on. And Zhaan is just awesome
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          The only one I find myself not liking much is Rygel, but it's nothing to do with him being a puppet, I just don't like the guy!
                          I didn't like Rygel until... I don't know when exactly. Sometime in the late 1st or 2nd season. The more they fleshed out Rygel and the more you understand why he is the way he is, that's when I started to like that he's such a horrible being lol

Comment

I actually didn't mind Rygel in I, E.T. which was the fourth episode on the European DVDs. Oh well, they've been so episodic that it doesn't really matter. Loved that First Contact in reverse kind of thing. Especially when the actor who played the scientist mother looked quite a lot like Jodie Foster in Contact. Except for the alien ears of course...
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched this entire series and Peacekeeper Wars last summer. You are in for a treat. This is also one of the shows where I started to really care about 'ships. Glad you are enjoying it so far, it only gets better!
                              "You are hostages! We are your captors! We are heavily armed. There are rules, there is a whole school of etiquette to this!" -Daniel Jackson

Comment

Glad to hear it! I've seen a few episodes from later seasons so I know about Chiana and some other characters, but it'll be fun to meet them as time goes on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X