Monthly Farscape Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice.

I see that 17 came out yesterday, I don't know what the deal is with Boom, they keep saying thing will be out late in the month, and then they come out at the beginning instead.

Comment

There were 8 of them and it is done (that storyline merged with the regular ongoing).
      Thank you for the information. It is time for me to go comic book shopping it seams. Hopefully I can get the three issues I am missing in one lot.

Comment

Yeah, if you can't all of those are available in TPB at least, which you can get at a decent price at amazon.

Comment

I did not know they sold single issue comics at Amazon. I will have to look into that. If I can not get the comics as a lot that might indeed be cheaper. Thank you for the information.

Comment

I don't know if they sell single issues, but they have the TPB, (4 comics put together).

I just read #17. Solid again. I'm probably projecting, but this issue set up a scenario that some of us dread but some of us would love.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagazussa View Post
              I did not know they sold single issue comics at Amazon. I will have to look into that. If I can not get the comics as a lot that might indeed be cheaper. Thank you for the information.
              Amazon US has the second volume of the Scorpius comics for $8.26 which contains the final 4 issues of that run. The run started with #0 and went to #7 so the trade has issues #4,5,6,7.

TFAW ships overseas and has both Scorpius TPBs, but they don't have all the individual issues available.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Sounds good. I might go for that. Though when I have started my collection with single issue comics I do have a desire to complete it as that. However that book with collected comics is a good alternative if I can not get the single issue ones for a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                  I just read #17. Solid again. I'm probably projecting, but this issue set up a scenario that some of us dread but some of us would love.
                  Just read it myself. Maybe I'm missing something, but what scenario do you think it is they've set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmacky View Post
                    Just read it myself. Maybe I'm missing something, but what scenario do you think it is they've set up?
                    There's really nothing suggesting it, but:

Spoiler:

Whenever I see Grundlich I think they may try some "D'argo's alive" scenario. KRAD (The author) has emphatically denied as much here though, so I wouldn't worry/get your hopes up too much.

Actually, after rereading his response, there's really nothing to worry about. (Plus, D'argo isn't on the next two covers. )
                    From another thread:
                    Originally posted by krad View Post
                    Not for me. I really really hate that very trend you mention. And, as you said, D'Argo sacrificed himself to save his friends. To resurrect him would cheapen both the sacrifice and the character.

I edited the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, a monthly Star Trek eBook series. In one of the eBooks, we killed off half the crew of the ship, including a main character. One of the reasons why I did that was to show that death is a permanent condition (and also to finally have someone in a Star Trek story go on a suicide mission and actually, y'know, die). The character's death had a profound effect on the characters, and continued to for many stories after that. Because that's what happens when people die.

One of the reasons why we're doing the alternate timeline thing in Gone and Back is to highlight the losses of D'Argo and Zhaan -- but the point is not to bring them back. Both characters deliberately sacrificed themselves for the sake of their friends. Both of them went out heroically, for love of their crewmates. To bring them back would, as I said, be cheap and demeaning to both characters.

(The only reason I was willing to accept Aeryn's resurrection is precisely because it came at the cost of Zhaan's life.)

Sorry to go on like this, but the willy-nilly resurrection of characters is something I really hate. (24 lost me this season when they brought back Tony Almeida.)

Last edited by Randy_Watson; 11 March 2011, 03:51 AM.

Comment

BTW, if anyone is looking to buy the TPBs, graphic novels are b3 get the 4th free at barnes and noble online right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                        Nice.

I see that 17 came out yesterday, I don't know what the deal is with Boom, they keep saying thing will be out late in the month, and then they come out at the beginning instead.
                        Wow, already? Now I have to get my hands on that one.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yep, another great issue. Not to complain that they are coming out quickly, it's just causing me to adjust my schedule.

Comment

Yeah, I will have to adjust mine too.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've read D'Argo's Lament and D'Argo's Trial. Interesting stories, especially liked reading about his time with Lo'Laan, what a heart breaking tale.

Next up is The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
                              sigpic
                              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                                I've read D'Argo's Lament and D'Argo's Trial. Interesting stories, especially liked reading about his time with Lo'Laan, what a heart breaking tale.

Next up is The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
                                Enjoy, my friend. I certainly did.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X