No announcement yet.

Monthly Farscape Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really can't wait for the next issue now.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm considering checking out some of these comics if I can get hold of them and have a question for the farscape comic afficionados.. are they all set within the pre-existing timeline of the series? From what I've seen doing a bit of reading around they seem to be set in the time of season 2 or season 3 etc.. just wondering if any continue forward in time after the events of the series and PK wars or are they all set like this?
      "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
        I'm considering checking out some of these comics if I can get hold of them and have a question for the farscape comic afficionados.. are they all set within the pre-existing timeline of the series? From what I've seen doing a bit of reading around they seem to be set in the time of season 2 or season 3 etc.. just wondering if any continue forward in time after the events of the series and PK wars or are they all set like this?
        The entire ongoing comic series is set right after Peacekeeper Wars. Definitely worth checking out, since they are now considered canon for the show.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The D'Argo ones are the only ones, as far as I know, that are set in the past. All the others are a continuation after PKW.

All of these that continue the story are out in paperback trade:

Farscape, vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
          Farscape, vol. 2: Strange Detractors
          Farscape, vol. 3: Gone & Back
          Farscape, vol. 4: Tangled Roots

Scorpius Vol. 1: Let Seeping Dogs Lie
          Scorpius Vol. 2: Glorious Basterds
          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 09 July 2011, 10:32 AM.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Thanks for the info and details - I'll definitely have to check these out
            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
              Thanks for the info and details - I'll definitely have to check these out
              If you do, please let us know what you think. Personally, I love them. I think they are a great continuation of this wonderful series.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just got my copy of #20 yesterday.

Dang. I wish each issue were longer.

Nice issue. I like how most of the characters' thoughts were shown.
                As usual, great writing, but, again, the art could be better.
                sigpic

Comment

#21 comes out on Wednesday! (granted I doubt I'll be able to put down a Dance with Dragons long enough to read it)

Comment

Good to know it is this Wednesday. I will have to order it tomorrow.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      As usual, great writing, but, again, the art could be better.
                      That sums up my review of #21.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                        That sums up my review of #21.
                        I can't wait for my copy. I have gotten used to the artwork, and it doesn't really bother me one bit. The story is all that really matters to me.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I had gotten used to it as well, but this one was pretty poor (especially the Kkore).

Comment

I had gotten used to it as well, but this one was pretty poor (especially the Kkore).
                            Really? I guess I will see for myself soon enough.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't think you'll have a problem with it. It could be more stark for me just because I've been reading a lot of really popular/highly regarded ones lately.

Comment

I don't think you'll have a problem with it. It could be more stark for me just because I've been reading a lot of really popular/highly regarded ones lately.
                                I sure hope I don't. Hopefully I will receive it soon.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X