Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every single thing in one set. Very nice! I am sure those who get their hands on this limited edition will be very happy.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

at k-mart they're $28 each season is that cheap??

Comment

I'm glad it's coming out in one humongous set cuz, well, the third-generation VHS 6-hour tapes just don't cut it... everytime I saw Farscape in a store or online it was ridiculously expensive. I'm tempted to get the compelte set with the Peacekeeper wars, but must check my stack of DVDs. If I have it, I'll go for the cheaper entire series. Ah, to see Farscape in excellent quality will be soooo cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Hannah! View Post
          at k-mart they're $28 each season is that cheap??
          I'd say so if that were US dollars, but I don't know what the exchange rate is for Australian dollars. I've seen other Australians say that y'all don't have as difficult a time finding sets down there.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the Best Buy excitemnt - but you might want to look at the price. The website currently says US $129.99 which is considerably more than Amazon. The website doesn't list PK Wars so I don't know if that version will be the same price. Also remember that you'll have to add sales tax on the Best Buy purchase and that's going to probably be $10 or so more.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Yeah, I'd say go for the Amazon set (which is still at $104) and just buy PKW separately from them for less than $10. I mean unless you just really have money burning a hole in your pocket.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Is there any word that they might make Farscape available on Blu-Ray so we can watch it in Hi-Def?.

And are these new DVD's coming out re-mastered at least?.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I wish they would put these up on hulu so i could watch them.

Or air on T.V., but that probably won't happen since they're kinda old.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    Is there any word that they might make Farscape available on Blu-Ray so we can watch it in Hi-Def?.

Doubtful at best.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Doubtful at best.
                      That's to bad. Well maybe if these new Box Set's do well sales wise, they will think about remastering each season and putting them on Blu Ray so we can see it in Hi-Def.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post

Back on Page 5 this was quoted by someone but originally posted by SpyDude:
                        Originally Posted by SpyDude View Post
                        http://dvd.ign.com/articles/100/1009930p2.html

Has there been talk of doing a Blu-ray release?

Henson: You're the first person who's asked us about that. We have had inquiries, so I'll just answer it honestly. There is a version of Farscape that is better resolution than what anybody in America has ever seen, because we shot on the British-Australian video format which is PAL, 625 lines of resolution. So it has better color resolution and better image resolution than American broadcast television. It's isn't high-def, though. It's 625 as opposed to 720 or 1080. So there is something better than what people have seen on TV. So it would bump up to high def and look better than a regular DVD, much better, but it wouldn't look as good as what people would think of as high def. So I'm not sure whether anybody will ever want to do it. If we were to do a Blu-ray release, which I think should happen at some point, it's never going to be high, high-def resolution. But it will be better than what people have seen on DVD. So at some point I'm sure we will revisit a Blu-ray release. I think I once budgeted it and I think it was something over $4 million a season to actually go back and upgrade the effects to high def. And that was when we still had the film in vaults. ... So maybe for the 20th anniversary?
                        So basically the set is already pretty much as High Def as it gets according to Brian Henson.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          Back on Page 5 this was quoted by someone but originally posted by SpyDude:
                          They said that if they did do it on Blu Ray down the road it still wouldn't be true Hi-Def, but it would be better than what there putting out with this new DVD Box Set.

I have the entire Farscape collection in the original DVD Box Sets they released years ago (including Peacekeeper Wars). But if they ever digitally remastered it and released it on Blu Ray (even though it wouldn't be true Hi-Def) I would update my collection and sell my old ones. And maybe, like Fifth Race stated, if sales do good for the new re-release, they would consider doing a remastered Blu Ray collection.
                          The USS Defiant Rocks!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the Best Buy excitemnt - but you might want to look at the price. The website currently says US $129.99 which is considerably more than Amazon. The website doesn't list PK Wars so I don't know if that version will be the same price. Also remember that you'll have to add sales tax on the Best Buy purchase and that's going to probably be $10 or so more.
                            Considering I paid 129.99 + tax at best buy for season one back when it came out, that's not what I'm worried about. If the set simply has the old lionsgate PKWar stuffed inside a plastic wrap with the A&E box it would be pretty pointless, but I'm assuming the box itself will be somewhat expanded to include a unique version of PKW. In that case, there are some who would spend the extra money for something that limited. I'm not sure I'm one of them but I see the lure.
                            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

And about the bluray, the "it can't be true HD" only applies to season 1-3. Season 4 and PKW can be mastered just as high def as any other bluray out there now. We may never see the series itself for reasons of budget and consumer interest, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some regions getting PKW BR sets eventually.

But anyway, a well-mastered 625p transfer can look pretty good. I've seen a few terrible 1080p blurays.
                              Last edited by Chricton; 24 September 2009, 06:16 PM.
                              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

The mega-set is such great news! I've not bought any Farscape episodes because I want them all in one shot, not just a few Starburst Editions here and there, or a couple of downloaded episodes. So... I haven't seen most of the episodes in several years. I hope I can pre-order. I'm going to try right now...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X