Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    Hmmm ... I just checked one of my starburst disks and on that when I click the subtitles button on my remote - selecting English(1) gives me subtitles. There is also an option if you chose Setup from the main menu.

If they don't have closed captioning on the new set, shame on them!!
    Yup. I even read before getting my copy of the Megaset that there would be no subs...and, from what I've seen, that's the case.
    That's why I'm also thinking of looking for the Starburst edition stuff (gawd...how much would that cost me? )
    sigpic

Comment

I only bought (from Amazon) the just released Region 1, S1 set as it was the only one I needed and it did not have any subtitles...but I don't know about the rest of the seasons.

My S1 set did have closed captioning though...which the tv does, where as the subtitles is an option on your dvd player...or it is on mine anyway.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

oh, boy just ordered my farscape complete set for 53 Euro, plus tax i suppose when it gets here. but still its a great offer. In Germany one Season of Farscape costs around 30 Euro, and Season Four is not even available here. So its really a good offer here. But Hope that the tax wont be too expensive, because most of the time i have to pay aditional tax when i order somthing from amazon.com therefore i avoid it most of the time, but with farscape im doing in exception. hell im excited, but will not be here in more than two weeks, so i have to wait
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          oh, boy just ordered my farscape complete set for 53 Euro, plus tax i suppose when it gets here. but still its a great offer. In Germany one Season of Farscape costs around 30 Euro, and Season Four is not even available here. So its really a good offer here. But Hope that the tax wont be too expensive, because most of the time i have to pay aditional tax when i order somthing from amazon.com therefore i avoid it most of the time, but with farscape im doing in exception. hell im excited, but will not be here in more than two weeks, so i have to wait
          Heh. You're still getting it cheaper than when I got it.
          In my case, I didn't pay for shipping at all, as I had a friend bring the megaset in from the US (which is usually what I do when I want stuff from amazon: order what I can afford, then have someone bring it in). I only 'tolerate' paying for shipping when I'm ordering from somewhere within the region (as it's only around 10-15 USD using priority courier).
          The only problem w/ the 'have a friend bring it in "system"' is that, usually, I have to wait months for someone to actually come here...
          sigpic

Comment

i know, sometimes i do that too, but i wanted farscape so badly so.... resistance was futile
            i hope mine is with the pkw edition, cause as far as i understood some sets included it others did not right?
            but im sure gonna miss the english subtitles!
            sigpic

Comment

Just a BIG WARNING.....this may have already been said...but bears repeating..... In the megaset commentaries there are HUGE SPOILERS....so if it is your first watch through.....I would suggest not listening to the commentaries until you finish the entire series. The spoilers they reference extend throughout the entire series.
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                Just a BIG WARNING.....this may have already been said...but bears repeating..... In the megaset commentaries there are HUGE SPOILERS....so if it is your first watch through.....I would suggest not listening to the commentaries until you finish the entire series. The spoilers they reference extend throughout the entire series.
                ok, thank you, i usually dont watch the episodes with commentaries, but thanks for your info.
                sigpic

Comment

ok, thank you, i usually dont watch the episodes with commentaries, but thanks for your info.
                  Hehe. Well, after you've watched everything at least once, I really recommend you watch/listen to the commentaries, esp. the ones w/ CB & BB, as they're quite hilarious at times.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                    Hehe. Well, after you've watched everything at least once, I really recommend you watch/listen to the commentaries, esp. the ones w/ CB & BB, as they're quite hilarious at times.
                    ok ill try them then, i dont know never find commentaries that entertaining especially if some producers or smth talks about it. visual effects guys and actors are something else, the only one i watched were for lord of the rings and some of the stargate commentaries
                    by the way, mine was shipped yesterday, hope to have it in two weeks, will watch it with my father, he liked stargate with bb and cb more than rda so there is still hope for him
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah don't watch the commentaries as a lot of them were recorded for the Starburst sets after the series had ended. BUT....

The ones with CB and BB are a must listen to after you've watched them all. They are informative AND entertaining. Like you, I find most commentaries to be boring, but they do some of the best I've ever listened to.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I feel stupid. I asked for the Starburst Edition of Farscape a couple years ago for Christmas. I got it and now they go and pull this...a set that costs a fraction of what the Starburst set cost and takes up a fraction of the space (at this point in time I'm wishing I had that space as my DVD and game collection is getting quite large). I'm trying to sell my set on ebay now and use that money to buy this new collection. Now watch, right after I do this they'll announce another complete set on blu ray! I hate double dipping.
                        That is just my two cents.

Comment

If you've already got the Starburst edition, personally I'd keep it. Unless you have the money. The only extra on the Megaset is the special Farscape Undressed which I think was 1/2 hr. And there are some extras on the Starburst that are not on the Megaset, although nothing super important.

Blame it on Sony that bought the rights and did nothing with it, so that for several years the only choice was the ridiculous prices on Ebay and such.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

No problem

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                            Yeah I have to agree I am loving them...and the BB/CB ones are just hilarious and such great tidbits of info given. Oh and Claudia is so cute she gets her seasons all mixed up and Ben is like no that was in s4....Claudia's like oh I can't believe I'm getting all the seasons mixed up
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                              I feel stupid. I asked for the Starburst Edition of Farscape a couple years ago for Christmas. I got it and now they go and pull this...a set that costs a fraction of what the Starburst set cost and takes up a fraction of the space (at this point in time I'm wishing I had that space as my DVD and game collection is getting quite large). I'm trying to sell my set on ebay now and use that money to buy this new collection. Now watch, right after I do this they'll announce another complete set on blu ray! I hate double dipping.
                              link the eBay thingy? how much are you selling it for? is it the double or single-sided variant? are there any 'benefits' over the megaset (i.e., more bonuses?)?

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                              Yeah I have to agree I am loving them...and the BB/CB ones are just hilarious and such great tidbits of info given. Oh and Claudia is so cute she gets her seasons all mixed up and Ben is like no that was in s4....Claudia's like oh I can't believe I'm getting all the seasons mixed up
                              Yup. Definitely funny. I especially enjoyed comments where they say stuff like "we were so young then" or BB commenting on how big CB's eyes were in one episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

now its a week, still have not got my copie... well.. im not that patient
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X