Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Complete Series Megaset: November 2009!!! (R1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    Yea..... The day after I order at Best Buy and they won't ship it for another two weeks or so

ahhh well it's only 7 dollars and 2-3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton View Post
      Not sure if ayone noticed, but Best Buy is having a 2-day only sale on this thing, 64.99 for the complete series plus free shipping. It's backordered like crazy but you can't go wrong at that price, especially considering it's the "exclusive edition".
      Not on the Canadian store, and I don't see it on the American one either?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I very badly want this as I never saw the series! Might not be able to get it until next year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I very badly want this as I never saw the series! Might not be able to get it until next year though.
          Well $57 for all five seasons on Amazon can't be beat. I doubt it will get that low again until this time next year or Amazon puts it as a Gold Box deal.

$11 $14 bucks a season! (somewhere in there I calculated in a nonexistent 5th season )

Almost makes me wish I had waited a couple of more weeks and gone on and gotten this box set even though I only needed the S1 set to complete my collection. I paid $36 for the S1 set when it came out in Nov.
          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 02 December 2009, 09:45 AM. Reason: my math sucks
          IMO always implied.

Comment

^^ Absolutely. It's an incredible sale, and we don't know when/if it'll happen again. And lord knows the previous releases didn't stay on shelves long, so do you really want to chance not getting it at all?

Take the plunge, RT
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Good review here:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...eet112309.html

I didn't realize so much had been left off of the new sets, it makes me feel a little better about not upgrading. They also say the video quality has dropped off slightly.

I still want to upgrade to get the undressed feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                Good review here:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...eet112309.html

I didn't realize so much had been left off of the new sets, it makes me feel a little better about not upgrading. They also say the video quality has dropped off slightly.

I still want to upgrade to get the undressed feature.
                Thanks for the link. With the price getting so low, I'd been really wondering if the new release had anything different from the Starburst set other than Farscape Undressed -which I would really really like to see, but can see spending the money just to get that feature. Nott even for the low price of $57.

Of the items mentioned left off, the only one I'd miss is the Cool Farscape Facts. The other stuff was nice to watch once, but that's it. Whenever I put in a disc to watch again, I always watch the Cool Farscape Facts also. Lots of really interesting behind the scenes tidbits.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Wooot my copy shipped today from Best Buy... Hope I get it by Friday so I can Farscape out all weekend long.....

Comment

$69.99 CANADIAN!

I'm not kidding!

It's at Costco. Picked up one at the London Costco. About 30 left. Don' t know if any of the other stores (like Best Buy and Future Shop because their on-line pricing is not showing a drop)have dropped their prices.

With this and getting Doctor Who Series 1-4 at $49.99 each at Best Buy, I'm getting a lot of cool sci-fi for Christmas! At least when my kids steal my DW I'll still have my Farscape (they are too young to see adult sci-fi )
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

AFAIK Best Buy (Canada) is still selling for $109.99, which is what I paid for mine. No PKW in it, but oh well. After I got home with my series set, I eBayed PKW for like $12. Good enough.

Comment

I'm thinking of selling my 4 old season DVD box-sets (anybody interested ) and get the complete series set, now that Amazon is selling it for $57.99 US!
                        sigpic
                        My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Web Of Hair View Post
                          Yea..... The day after I order at Best Buy and they won't ship it for another two weeks or so

ahhh well it's only 7 dollars and 2-3 weeks
                          It's weird because while I ordered knowing it was backordered, I recieved mine yeterday. I got a rough arrival time of like 12-19th of Decemeber, but still got it on the 4th. I guess the deal is still an even toss up with the amazon one because you get PKW here, and not in the amazon set.

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                          I'm thinking of selling my 4 old season DVD box-sets (anybody interested ) and get the complete series set, now that Amazon is selling it for $57.99 US!
                          You may have missed the boat on getting a solid deal on those. I managed to sell mine at 65-75 a peice on ebay a few months back just before news of the new set broke, but looking at ebay now the sets aren't selling nearly as well. Those guys who seem to have an infinite supply of sets that sell them bundled used to sell all four at a "buy it now" price of like $350, and now it's down to just over $100.

What really sucks for some people is the starburst sets are now cheap again. I was collecting those things about 8 months ago figuring they would only increase in price and bought many of them at fairly high prices. One set I paid nearly $60 for is selling for just over $12 right now on ebay...

As far the set itself, I feel it was worth it (at least at 65). Yeah it's missing some extras, but it's mostly the extras I never used anyways. All the "static" features, the facts, alien encounters, etc. I think it was nice that they put many of them in a seperate set so you're not looking around for something particular. And I guess a slight downgrade in visual quality was to be expected, ADV and Contender went all-out in that regard putting no more than 3 episodes on a single disc.

My only real gripe is the box. I have no idea what the goal was with it. I think they expect you to discard it, but I would have been much happier with a heavier ADV/Contender-like slipcase. In all the press releases they shows a picture of a case with with one end open to view the individual cases. I guess they cheaped out last second or something, or were just faking it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Far...ras-List/12524

Ranking it with other releases as a whole is tough because every set has exclusive features, but the Contender sets are still my favorite. If I were only allowed to keep one set per season I would probably go for 1-2 Starburst, 3-4 Contender. The original ADV releases have no real value to me compared to those two (other than collectablility), and this new set I feel is far better compared to it just for simplicity alone.
                          Last edited by Chricton; 05 December 2009, 06:33 AM.
                          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton View Post
                            It's weird because while I ordered knowing it was backordered, I recieved mine yeterday. I got a rough arrival time of like 12-19th of Decemeber, but still got it on the 4th. I guess the deal is still an even toss up with the amazon one because you get PKW here, and not in the amazon set.
                            I just received my box set today, no PKW with it.... Did you actually get a copy with your mail order?

Comment

i got my copy of the Complete Series box set and i must say it's the best box set of Farscape ever. the previous ones were too big, took up too much space. this is smaller and the disks are in a better case. i love the look of the box and cover are. months ago i said that i hope they would re-release Farscape in a slimmer box sex, like SG-1 did. and looks like i was right. it's not the same slim set i was thinking about but it's close and better. it doesn't take up alot of space. THANX FOR THE RE-RELEASE!!!

Comment

I ended up upgrading now. It stinks to lose the extra features, but the added content and the fact that it takes up less space than a single Starburst season is great. I also like being able to power through episodes without having to change discs as much

Comment

Working...
                                X