Farscape Re-Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktebid View Post
    yep, too right. Tax time is coming up, should get a lovely little bonus from the gvt, now I need to decide if I buy the individual seasons or the entire box set
    I'd recommend saving up for the boxed set. Also, you may chance upon an offer where Peacekeeper Wars is bundled w/ the Boxed Set.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
      I'd recommend saving up for the boxed set. Also, you may chance upon an offer where Peacekeeper Wars is bundled w/ the Boxed Set.
      Thanks, I'm always undecided whether the special features are different, and which one is better. The boxed set is cheaper than buying all seasons, but I'd have to check to see if PKW comes with it.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Thanks, I'm always undecided whether the special features are different, and which one is better. The boxed set is cheaper than buying all seasons, but I'd have to check to see if PKW comes with it.
        Unfortunately PKWars does not come with the Mega set. You can still purchase it relatively cheaply though.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          Unfortunately PKWars does not come with the Mega set. You can still purchase it relatively cheaply though.
          Yup. I think I got it for around 10 USD (I got my boxed set at 'pre-order' price...only to see the price almost slashed to half due to a sale a week or so after I got billed for my boxed set ).

I do recall one of the bigger stores in the US offering the megaset bundled w/ PKW, tho' (it was mentioned in one of the Farscape forums...was the store Target? I forget)
          sigpic

Comment

Yup. I think I got it for around 10 USD (I got my boxed set at 'pre-order' price...only to see the price almost slashed to half due to a sale a week or so after I got billed for my boxed set ).

I do recall one of the bigger stores in the US offering the megaset bundled w/ PKW, tho' (it was mentioned in one of the Farscape forums...was the store Target? I forget)
            It was a short time offer though I highly doubt that deal is still around or available.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              It was a short time offer though I highly doubt that deal is still around or available.
              Aww, nuts.

Well, both are still kinda cheap (at least compared to when I got 'em ): at Amazon, it's a total of 85 USD for both. (I think I spent 115 for both )
              sigpic

Comment

I'd have to have a look. I'm pretty fure the PKW dvds were about the price of a usual dvd...maybe $30-40, the series...dunno. Anyway I do know they are around and available, just can't wait for tax time

Comment

finished this lovely show.... well some time ago now... its awesome, i love the season four ending sooooo much... i think the finale episode of season four is my favorite of all!!!!! peacekeeper wars are good too... but.. it was to short... they could have done a season five to wrap things up, but what the hell, better a mini series than nothing....it will not be my favorite show but one in the top ten definitley
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it was Best Buy.

But yeah I'd definitely go for the box set as I'm fairly sure it's been discussed that the bonus features are almost the same as the Starburst sets (which had become fairly rare and expensive to buy until A&E decided to buy and release these new box and individual season sets. New box set comes with an extra exclusive to it...some special that aired on the Sci-fi channel.) PKW can easily be purchased separately for cheap, in the US anyway.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                      finished this lovely show.... well some time ago now... its awesome, i love the season four ending sooooo much... i think the finale episode of season four is my favorite of all!!!!! peacekeeper wars are good too... but.. it was to short... they could have done a season five to wrap things up, but what the hell, better a mini series than nothing....it will not be my favorite show but one in the top ten definitley
                      I would have wanted more too, I believe there were plans already set for the 5th season. The cancellation news were pretty unexpected at the time. Glad you enjoyed the ride.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have just begun a Farscape re-watch. I loosely watched the show, but I was in high school and first couple years of college when it was new so never really followed it faithfully. I'm looking forward to seeing it from start to finish!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well I'm 16 episodes into Season 1 and I am amazed at how good the show is, not that I don't remember enjoying it, but Ben and Claudia are already awesome, plus everyone else (Rigel is kind of annoying still). We just picked up Chiana so I'm looking forward to seeing her from the beginning, all in all really good so far!

Re-watch is better than original watch so far!
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree...especially if you are able to watch at a time more convenient for you. I found myself picking up more things 2nd and 3rd time through, I wasn't focused on what what happening immediately in front of the camera I was able to look past it at the innuendos and the background.

...now I wonder if it's time to go through again

Comment

I agree...especially if you are able to watch at a time more convenient for you. I found myself picking up more things 2nd and 3rd time through, I wasn't focused on what what happening immediately in front of the camera I was able to look past it at the innuendos and the background.

...now I wonder if it's time to go through again
                              It is always a good time to re-watch this show again.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Finished Season 1.

I think part of the reason I'm liking it more is because I'm a little older and enjoy some of the maturity Farscape offers. I'm not looking for a mushy show, but I appreciate when shows can allow characters to show real emotion and don't feel that they have to beat around the bush for endless seasons.

I'm really enjoying seeing John and Aeryn as their relationship is affections are forming. I enjoy seeing John and D'Argo gain respect for each other and I can see the beginnings of a complex friendship forming. Noticing how Moya/Pilot bond with Aeryn above the others and seeing Z'ahn bring out the good in D'Argo and bond with John is an interesting and special way.

Chiana is still new to the show and we briefly met Stark. Rygel is annoying me at the moment so not much to report on him.

Really looking forward to digging into season 2 now that Scorpius is in the picture, things are getting more and more interesting!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X