Farscape Comic Issue #1 Discussion Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    I have a feeling we'll find out at the end of the 4th one. That's how evil Rockne is.
    Hey, as long as more comics are green-lit by then, I'd be fine with that.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Hey, as long as more comics are green-lit by then, I'd be fine with that.
      Works for me so long as Rockne and Keith or any of the writers from Farscape write them.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Works for me so long as Rockne and Keith or any of the writers from Farscape write them.
        Most definitely! I suppose I should have added that prerequisite to my last post.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have my suspicions that issue 4 will end with John saying "D'argo?"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
            I have my suspicions that issue 4 will end with John saying "D'argo?"

And he won't be referring to little D'Argo. And I will be vindicated! HA! Then I can go "In your face people! I TOLD you D'Argo wasn't DEAD! I TOLD YOU!"
            sigpic

Comment

And he won't be referring to little D'Argo. And I will be vindicated! HA! Then I can go "In your face people! I TOLD you D'Argo wasn't DEAD! I TOLD YOU!"
              All we can do is wait and see on that. Personally, I kind of have mixed feelings on D'Argo returning from the "dead". While I do miss him, and it would be great to see him return, I feel he went out like he would have always wanted to. He died a true warrior, saving his friends in the process. Know what I mean?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

All we can do is wait and see on that. Personally, I kind of have mixed feelings on D'Argo returning from the "dead". While I do miss him, and it would be great to see him return, I feel he went out like he would have always wanted to. He died a true warrior, saving his friends in the process. Know what I mean?
                Totally know what you mean and respect it, but I don't think he died. He went out fighting but I don't think he died in the process. Seriously wounded and probably captured...but not dead.
                sigpic

Comment

Totally know what you mean and respect it, but I don't think he died. He went out fighting but I don't think he died in the process. Seriously wounded and probably captured...but not dead.
                  I go back and forth on it, but right now, today, that would work for me. It would be awesome to see a reunion with everyone.

But after what went on between Jothee and Chiana in Issue #1, again, boy would that cause trouble all over again.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I go back and forth on it, but right now, today, that would work for me. It would be awesome to see a reunion with everyone.

But after what went on between Jothee and Chiana in Issue #1, again, boy would that cause trouble all over again.
                    But think of the fun that trouble would be.
                    sigpic

Comment

I finally read it
                      My biggest gripe was a almost nekkid Chiana copping feel on Jothee. We know she likes sex, but we have never known her to run around wearing nothing but a gunbelt and gun

I wait impatiently for issue 2

Comment

Hubby suggested that the Scarrans got D'Argo and are holding him for future possibilities.

Comment

Yeah, I know we've talked about it a lot, but this seems likely. They just set things up for it with the way it all went down. If they are going to bring him back, I hope they do it sooner rather than later. (or maybe they could work it out as some sort of quest where they have to go get him like SylvreWolfe's scenario).

SylvreWolfe, I know what you mean about the nude Chiana, however, it does seem in character for her. I think they can just get away with a little more in this medium. (not that the show shied away from pushing the limits)

Comment

But think of the fun that trouble would be.
                            True, but D'Argo doesn't deserve that pain again. That, and I don't want his relationship with Jothee to go completely down the toilet.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ok, got it, read it.

The short review - 1-10: artwork (minus cover) 3; writing 8.

Long review
                              Loved the writing. I thought it carried forward the Farscape universe perfectly. Tone and words fit the characters, I could imagine them speaking. Biggest complaint - Memphis?!?!?! I thought John grew up in Kansas. I think someone confused the actor with the character and no one bothered to correct it.

Artwork - I'd love to say something nice about it but then I'd be lying. Rygel, Noranti, and Chiana are fairly close. Jothee looks wooden and like a generic Luxan. John and Aeryn make me cringe. John looks like your generic Hero male - which if this was a new comic and character would be just fine, but this is an established character that should look like him. Aeryn, I can't describe exactly what's wrong - I think she looks too hard. I'm not an artist, but if saw that drawing of her without the context, I wouldn't think Aeryn.

I haven't bought a comic book in over 20 yrs so maybe this is the style and price and quantity that is standard now. But when I opened up the envelope and saw how skinny it was, my 1st reaction was - I paid $5 for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'm thinking of comic books back when I grew up (the late 60's into the 70's) when me and my brother bought lots and they cheap avg ones were 10 cents and the good ones were 25 cents and were 2 or 3 times as thick (of course that could be my childhood exaggeration - maybe it's time to open that box back up and compare).

What I would like for the future (and know I'm not going to get ), is if they would scrap the artwork (and cost), take the writing add some description (to replace the art) and publish it in some download or other form and charge a $1 or 2 - now that I would buy more.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Glad to hear you finally got a hold of it, Thunderstorm. While the artwork wasn't perfect, personally, I didn't think it was all that bad overall. I do wish it was longer than it was though. I was done reading it really fast, and now am eagerly awaiting Issue #2.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X